Naima01

when do we need to submit our police certificates

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys I was wondering if any one can help me to understand when can me the petitioner and my fiance can submit our police certificates?

Hi, you as a petitioner are not required to provide police certificates. USCIC will run all background checks on you during I-129F petition process.

Your fiance is required to provide police certifiate(s) during her interview process. Detailed requirements slighly differ from consulate to consulate but usually beneficiary is asked to provide certificat from country of residence and any other country they lived for 6-12 months since the turned 16. They are also asked to provide any police certificates from any coutry they have been arrested/convicted regardess period of stay.

Hope this helps!

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi Naima, police certificate is one of the required documents to be submitted with the DS-230 Form.

Also beneficiaries from Somalia don't have to submit PCC : http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9738

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

So beneficiaries from Somalia don't need to supply police certificate...what about their birth certificate. I am trying to make sure I have everything for my spouse but since he lives in Kenya but he is originally from Somalia...what are the documents that he will need for nvc IV process or interview. And since he lives in Kenya currently then I think they will ask for a police certificate. Please advice if u know someone that has had to deal with the same case. I am currently in the nvc process and I am filing a cr1 visa for him but he only has a Somali passport and I'd...

02/15/13: Filed I-130 and got my NOA104/15/13: I-130 approved and got my NOA204/29/13: NVC received my file05/13/13: Case/IIN received05/13/13: DS-3032 sent05/24/13: DS-3032 1st email rejected, sent a second one and that one got rejected too on the same day.05/28/13: AOS bill invoiced and received email from NVC with all the info.05/28/13: Paid AOS bill right away.05/28/13: As soon as I received the official AOS email, I sent a 3rd DS-3032 email with "supervisor review" as the subject.05/29/13: NVC sent an email accepting the DS-3032 email smile.png (Alhamdulilah)O5/30/13: AOS bill shows PAID05/30/13: Received official DS-3032 Email and IV invoice info (waiting for the IV bill invoice to show up on payment portal)05/31/13: IV bill invoiced05/31/13: Pay IV Bill06/01/13: Sent out the AOS package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/03/13: IV bill shows PAID06/04/13: Sent out the IV package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/18/13: AOS package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: IV package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: Case complete at NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifAlhamdulilah07/31/13: Medicaldancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifIn shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin.<p>08/14/13: Interview date at Nairobi Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif In shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin. (Interview date changed because they had a problem finding the medical)01/07/2015: visa approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.