Mark and Anna

have you found any good air fair deals

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HELLO, I AM JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE FOUND SOME REALLY GOOD AIR FARE DEALS ON AIRLINE TICKETS? AS I HAVE BEEN CHECKING AND HAVE NOTICED A ONE WAY TICKET FROM EUROUPE IS EXPENSIVE, AS I WAIT FOR THE k-1 PAPERWORK TO GO THROUGH I AM WONDERING IF IT WOULD JUST BE BETTER TO GET THREE ROUND TRIP TICKETS AND PAY FOR THEM HERE AND AND TAKE A LOSS OR ONE ROUND TRIP TICKET AND TWO ONE WAY TICKETS ! ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS , WE ARE ALL TRYING TO SAVE MONEY, GOD KNOWS WE HAVE ALL SPENT ALOT ALREADY AND WILL SPEND ALOT MORE BEFORE EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED. I LIVE NEAR DENVER AND WOULD BE GOING TO THE UKRAINE SO FAR I HAVE FOUND UNITED AS MY BEST BET SOFAR, BUT I AM OPEN TO ALL OPTIONS !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Look at Skyscanner.com. We just got RT airfare from DC to Moscow for $550 and Aeroflot has reasonable one way tickets. It may be cheaper to fly from Ukraine to Moscow then to US.

Remember we are almost in the travel season so ticket prices will just keep getting higher.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

HELLO, I AM JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE FOUND SOME REALLY GOOD AIR FARE DEALS ON AIRLINE TICKETS? AS I HAVE BEEN CHECKING AND HAVE NOTICED A ONE WAY TICKET FROM EUROUPE IS EXPENSIVE, AS I WAIT FOR THE k-1 PAPERWORK TO GO THROUGH I AM WONDERING IF IT WOULD JUST BE BETTER TO GET THREE ROUND TRIP TICKETS AND PAY FOR THEM HERE AND AND TAKE A LOSS OR ONE ROUND TRIP TICKET AND TWO ONE WAY TICKETS ! ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS , WE ARE ALL TRYING TO SAVE MONEY, GOD KNOWS WE HAVE ALL SPENT ALOT ALREADY AND WILL SPEND ALOT MORE BEFORE EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED. I LIVE NEAR DENVER AND WOULD BE GOING TO THE UKRAINE SO FAR I HAVE FOUND UNITED AS MY BEST BET SOFAR, BUT I AM OPEN TO ALL OPTIONS !

You don't NEED a one way ticket. A round trip and not using the other is just fine. Buy what is cheaper.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Another suggestion for saving money. We have found that it usually saves a good bit of money to buy a direct flight ticket from NYC or DC and then a seperate ticket from home to NYC or DC. But don't forget to look at the excess baggage fees for the ticket from home.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I faced the same dilemma last fall. I've been using Orbitz since my second trip, and each time it's turned out to have the best prices. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't check ALL the other sites, because you can catch a really good deal that way. Here's a couple of things to know: The best time to search and buy tickets is usually after midnight Tuesday. Seems like that's when all the fares get updated. And then, most importantly, the best window to buy tickets is 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from the beginning of travel. The ending date doesn't seem to be so important. I opened probably a dozen tabs on my browser and researched all the possible scenarios I could come up with to save on tickets. Ended up buying a one way ticket to Donetsk for me, and three one way tickets from KBP to JFK, and three one way tickets from JFK to OKC. Still spent a chunk of money, but it was considerably less than getting round trip tickets.

Another thing to consider is what the airlines might try to do if you buy round trip tickets and only use part of them. There are plenty of horror stories online about this - who knows if they're true - no point in repeating 'what happened to so and so'. However, what does seem to be accurate is that if you buy a round trip ticket and don't use the initial travel, the airline cancels the return portion.

Ah, yes, one more item. While you're searching for the best airfares, remember to clean out your cookies/memory between searches. Seems like when I searched the sites the really good fares would disappear after a couple of hours of comparing routes and prices. After I deleted the cookies, the decent prices magically reappeared.

Udachi.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Look at Skyscanner.com. We just got RT airfare from DC to Moscow for $550 and Aeroflot has reasonable one way tickets. It may be cheaper to fly from Ukraine to Moscow then to US.

Remember we are almost in the travel season so ticket prices will just keep getting higher.

+1 for Aeroflot. They offer great service, have new planes, and are usually one of the cheapest. Also, they allow 2 free bags in economy for flying to the US (even if you fly from Ukraine, you still get 2 free bags on both flight segments if it's all just one ticket). If you are just transitting through Moscow and won't be leaving the airport, you don't need a Russian visa either.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: Timeline

1st - Please do not use all caps. 2nd - try vayama.com... are shameless plugs allowed on here? :D I've gotten some pretty good deals going to Ukraine, and now Italy. Of course do your homework, call the airline, etc. 3rd - try flying through major cities for your destination, you're bound to get better deals. Good luck!

welcome mark

i have always find klm has the best flights and rates and least stops and i had made the flight 6 times myself join flyingblue as skymiles/delta will never give same answer eachtime you call and get scr-wed out of airmiles imo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Where in Ukraine are you fly to/from? I fly to Dnepropetrovsk. I use United and Austrian. I prefer Austrian over the Russian and Ukrainian airlines. Also Austrian flies to many of the Ukrainian cities. Unless you are flying to Kiev I have also found this pairing of airlines the least expensive.

As others have mention you can go with the round trip tickets and just not use the return flight. Round trip ticket tend to be about 1/2 the price of the one-way too.

Hope this helps

-K

P.S. Don't use all caps. It equates to shouting. ;-)

Uniting for Ukraine
2022/04/30 - I-134 #1&#2 submitted
2022/05/05 - I-134 #1&#2 approved
2022/05/06 - Email received by beneficiaries #1&#2 
2022/05/07 - Beneficiary #1&#2 set up USCIS account and submitted data to CBP
2022/05/08 - Received information about travel authorization #1&#2 from CBP
2022/05/09 - I-134 #3 submitted
2022/05/11 - I-134 #3 approved, I-134 #4 submitted
2022/05/12 - Email received by beneficiaries #3, Beneficiary #3 set up USCIS account and submitted data to CBP, Received information about travel authorization #3 from CBP
2022/05/14 - I-134 #4 approved, Email received by beneficiaries #4, Beneficiary #4 set up USCIS account and submitted data to CBP,  Received information about travel authorization #4 from CBP
2022/07/21 - All 4 beneficiaries arrived in Boston from Krakow via Munich & Frankfurt on Lufthansa
2022/07/25 - Mail I-765 & I-912 for beneficiaries #1,#3&#4
2022/07/26 - Applied for Health Insurance and other benefits for all beneficiaries
2022/07/27 - All 3 I-765's delivered to Chicago lockbox 
2022/07/27 - Beneficiary #4 mailed application for driver's license
2022/08/02 - Beneficiaries #1&#2 approved for MaineCare to start 9/1

2022/08/04 - NOA1 & Fee Waiver approval for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/05 - Beneficiaries #3&#4 opened Bank Account/debit cards

2022/08/05 - Biometrics letter for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/08 - Beneficiaries #3&#4 approved for MaineCare to start 9/1

2022/08/09 - Received rejected EAD package for beneficiary #1 
2022/08/10 - Mailed updated EAD(I-765&I-912) package for beneficiary #1
2022/08/11 - Registered beneficiary #2 for school
2022/08/12 - I-765&I-912 delivered to Chicago lockbox 
2022/08/19 - NOA1 & Fee Waiver approved for for beneficiary #1
2022/08/22 - Biometrics for beneficiaries #3&#4,  EAD approved for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/26 - Beneficiaries #1&#3 mailed application for driver's license
2022/08/26 - Biometrics letter for beneficiary #1
2022/08/26 - USCIS sent EAD cards for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/08/29 - EAD cards and SS cards arrived for beneficiaries #3&#4
2022/09/15 - Appointment for Biometrics for beneficiary #1

2022/10/ - Expedite request processed for beneficiary #1

2022/10/ - EAD approved for beneficiary #1
2022/11/01 - USCIS sent EAD card for beneficiary #1
2022/11/04 - EAD card and SS card arrived for beneficiary #1

Fiancée Visa:
2011/05/25 - 2014/06/30 - See profile for more details

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Fly Southwest Airlines to the east coast first, then book a flight over to Europe.

here's what i did: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/419793-flight-tips/

Southwest offers a credit card that will give you 50,000 points (worth 2 round trips domestic) if you spend $2000. This card has an annual fee as well, no free year, and will be refunded if you cancel the card. The points are yours to keep.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($99 a year, free for the first year) will give you 40,000 points after spending $3000.

you can cancel the cards after you get the points.

Booking a ticket through Chase Sapphire is SUPER cheap, and you can use the 40,000 to subsidize some of the cost of airfare.

The 50,000 from Southwest will get you to New York for free. (It's super cheap already anyway).

Edited by P A U L

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I ended up not going but this gives you an idea if it helps. it wont hurt to call and see. its usually a better price when they are trying to fill last minute seats Lufthansa seems to have good prices. this was about one third cheaper than I could find searching the web myself.

Dear John ,

Thank you for choosing ITN ( International travel network ) to meet your travel needs.

Below you will find detailed information on the itinerary we discussed for your travel from ELMIRA airport( ELM )to TASHKENT Uzbekistan on July 18, 2012 and return on July 30, 2012.

Your price: $1289.20 total price with all taxes and fees included, to book call Landon at 877.562.7864

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.