queromare

questions and misery

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
the i130 was received on march 31. i dont have the notice with me at work but i assume it is 180 days, since they are processing may 2 applications.

:) thanks for your well measured reply. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the some of it, or maybe we can talk about it another time. I appreciate our differing levels of sensitivity on the topic!

Now, you do have something concrete you can work with there. If you are going to follow up with your elected reps and getting someone to do something, you can tell them that you are officially outside of the processing time*. This is something they actually CAN follow up on for you.

But, choose wisely. Out of the two Senators and one Representative available to you, one will have a better reputation for helping with immigration. Find out who that is and stick with them. Multiple Congressionial inquiries can interfere with each other and make things worse.

Reviewing the posted processing date, you actually could be on an officer's desk at this point... you're right in that window, but definitely follow up on your I-130 ASAP.

You then have to consider how much time you'll spend in the NVC.. I think you are nearly at a wash with speed at this point (vs DCF). I can say that the Immigrant Visa is much more complete than the K visa and if you get a choice and can hold out, do. And don't totally rule out DCF--it's always there for you.

About IBIS, it's part of the security check and includes the USC. Common names etc can cause a 'hit' which can not be cleared until it's cleared. You can search on google, and google/groups (alt.visa.us.marriage-based) for more detailed explanations of what it actually "is", but I think that's all you want to know right now.

I will add one thing about what we're agreeing to disagree about, and that's who the agency's customer *is*. It might not be you, sad to say. US immigration law is essentially written from the perspective of 'every one is ineligible until they show themselves eligible' aka Stay Out. The world has moved on faster than the laws can keep up. I'm not resigned to how things are, but I am realistic. You can find our timeline in my signature. :)

Crack on! You'll get lots of encouragement and info here, and sometimes, more than you asked for. I'll be looking for your good news to be posted very soon!

*When the posted processing date is +30 days past your NOA1 date, you are officially outside of the processing guidelines. The SC usually won't talk to you if you're inside that date. Outside it and they *must* respond to your Congressperson. The posted processing date is supposed to be the oldest case on their shelf.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

regarding the G325 "A" ///for your information

submitting our I130 . it required a G325 (1 copy per person with pictures)

which we filled out and sent off

with the full petition application. no problem!!!

once I received the NOA1 for the I130

next step...

since we are already married I129F for K-3 visa

the petition was to include a "G325 "A" form filled out 4 times per person????

I could not see the difference in the G325 form to the G325A form. I almost

photocopied the G325 form 4 times.....when I realized there was a difference!!!

when you print out a G325A form it comes in a PDF and prints 4 copies...

the key is to notice the lower left hand corner of the application form...

there are 4 different dept names that each application will be forwarded to!

sooooo....I think you may be way behind in the application process since you

have not completed the full I129F petition. You will probably have to rectify

this ASAP!

did you take photocopies of your application petition with supporting documents???

cheers!

Denise

looked back on my records and i actually did send 4 sheets each to the rfe, despite the call center telling me 2 each!

you know i perfectly understand your feeling . we also filed our I-129f to MSC and sent already the rfe and noticed us sept 29 and after that we are still waiting.. but i guess we both should have patience.. and i dont blame you.. if you feel that way too.. coz i for myself i have seen some been approved only 13 days.. wow.. what a lucky couple...! just hold on there.. and pray im sure things will work for all of us in time...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

ahhhhh!! the receipt date is march 31, the notice date is april 4 and they are processing may 2. so it could be weeks before that date is modified.

luckily there is a large public policy group at my work, one of whom had the job of making the congressional immigration inquiries for awhile and knows exactly how the process works and who to go to.

i129f has been touched almost everyday this week including saturday...i130 hasnt been touched since april 6, is that normal?

Met underwater on a coral reef: 2002 sometime

Started to see more of each other on field trips: 2003

Spent all night talking at a friends birthday party, fell in love, and moved in together: April 2004

Got married in Fiji!!: March 8, 2006

I went back to US, he went back to Oz: March 9, 2006

Soon to be reunited!! JANUARY 25TH!!

I 130

Sent: March 21, 2006

Received: March 31, 2006

Notice: April 4, 2006

Touched: April 6, 2006

Nothing...nothing...nothing

Filed USCIS inquiry: Dec 4, 2006

Touched: December 10, 2006

Touched: December 20, 2006

Congressional Inquiry opened: December 20, 2006

Touched: December 21, 2006

Touched: January 12, 2007

APPROVED! finally!: January 12, 2007

Touched: January 13, 2007

I 129F

Sent: April 05, 2006

Received: April 22, 2006

RFE IMBRA received by me: June 30, 2006

RFE Sent: June 31, 2006

RFE IMBRA received by office: July 17, 2006 IMBRA sent second time

RFE g325a received by me: November 4, 2006

RFE g325a received by office: November 14, 2006

Approved: November 22, 2006

Touched: December 08, 2006

Forwarded to Consulate: December 12, 2006

Phone call to Consulate to change address and WOW an interview date already set!!: December 27, 2006

Packet Received: January 7, 2007

INTERVIEW DATE IN SUVA!!!!!!!!! January 23, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ahhhhh!! the receipt date is march 31, the notice date is april 4 and they are processing may 2. so it could be weeks before that date is modified.

I don't 'do' touches..there is no discernable pattern to them for you to draw any conclusions, other than those you might with tea leaves etc. :)

The dates you list mean that you are hopefully like 99% of the posts I reply to on this topic: your case is on a desk and just at the point you get head-explody, you get the NOA2.

Me & my Magic Eight Ball say: watch your email this week.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.