MrHopeful2013

Form I-130 Questions 21 and 22

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say sit it out, until you receive the approval notice. Once you get it, read it carefully.

I spoke with about 7 Tier 2s at the national call center, and had 3 service requests in to notify the adjudicator about it, prior to approval. I also went to the local office 3 times, on expedite/NOID matters, and asked that the casefile be pegged to go to NVC, prior to approval. I also sent 3 letters into the I-130 Adjudicating Unit Supervisor at the local office, via postal mail, prior to approval.

No one at the local office paid attention to any of my requests for making sure the casefile was to go to NVC. My approval letter only spoke of 'eligible to file for adjustment of status' and never anything about NVC movement.

I wigged out again, when getting that notice, and the Immigration Liason Staffer (that I had been dealing with on the expedite request) pitched in and got the casefile rehomed.

Alas, for me, one of the big problems (after) was that my bonafide marriage evidence did not travel with the casefile into NVC, so I had to prep it all again with the DS-230 submittal.

So - if you want to wig out - wig out when you get the written approval notice. All of the efforts and evolutions I attempted were for naught. The only thing that made the difference was the ILS Human stepping in.

Personally, I hate the Dallas Office.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.