A.J

Over staying 90 days in Morocco

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello again VJ members, i've been here since SEPT 2012 and i stamped my passport in DEC 2012 in Spain in order to get an extra 90 days, now i over stayed my visit because i thought that my husband was gonna get approved in APRIL 2nd 2013 so we would leave to the US together but he was put under AP. the question is should i go ahead and get an other 90 days or it's ok to stay and just wait for the visa to get approved..because it's just a matter of time i called the us consulate today and i requested to speak to an officer and he told me everything is fine, we have all the documents needed and your case is only under review it won't be sent back to the USCIS or the NVC.

Timeline

Hello again VJ members, i've been here since SEPT 2012 and i stamped my passport in DEC 2012 in Spain in order to get an extra 90 days, now i over stayed my visit because i thought that my husband was gonna get approved in APRIL 2nd 2013 so we would leave to the US together but he was put under AP. the question is should i go ahead and get an other 90 days or it's ok to stay and just wait for the visa to get approved..because it's just a matter of time i called the us consulate today and i requested to speak to an officer and he told me everything is fine, we have all the documents needed and your case is only under review it won't be sent back to the USCIS or the NVC.

You can Go To Spain and have an extra 90days or Just go to Police station and ask for Residence http://www.voyagetomorocco.com/visa.php

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Timeline

FoufouLoulou Thank you. I know and i already had it stamped in spain before but i just don't want to show up with an expired 90 days because i over stayed it already, would that be a problem with the Moroccan Gov ?.

Edited by A.J

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from AOS from Family visa forum as has nothing to do with this process to MENA forum for country specific answers ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090809121000AAjpVua

my wife stayed over 90 days n her first visit,she stayed 4 months, we forgot to stamp her passport, we didn t anything about it, we had a problems with authorities here, she went to court and pay 100 dh as a fine, they asked here to leave morocco, n 2 weeks.

Timeline

WOW ok Thanks - we were taking about me going back but i would go to Ceuta not Spain like last time

Going to Spain it cost 540 Dhr + the hotel and food - I got in and out Fine - the link you sent me about Ceuta thats Scary -

I was thinking about asking for Residence But I did Not want to Show Up with an expired passport :bonk:

Edited by A.J

Timeline

I've heard recent stories of women getting in serious trouble for overstaying and not being able to leave the country. I don't know what to tell you, but I would guess you need to get it straightened out before you try to leave. I'm in the process of getting the extended visa right now actually, and I have been warned by many, many ex-pats that they have gotten very strict about this recently and I must not overstay without permission. :( Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do NOT do Ceuta if you have overstayed. It's one of the worst border crossings for this and they will give you more of a hard time than anywhere else. I highly recommend flying out if possible (cheap tickets on Easyjet or something?) or taking the ferry from Tangier. Ceuta is the worst border crossing if you are coming and going and if you have already overstayed, I'd say you have a higher probability of getting in trouble there than anywhere else. If you are going to mainland Europe, they at least can think you aren't planning to come back. From Ceuta, they know you're just going up for the stamp...

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

cheap tickets to Paris or Milan round trips, your Moroccan husband needs a visa to enter these countries.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Timeline

My gf she overstayed her tourists visa in morocco she is us citizen she stayed here two years so she overstayed her 90 days and lately they made her leav the country but she did not payed any fine or anything like that so can she re enter to morocco she wanna come back to morocco but she dont know her situation if they gonna denie her to enter at airport ?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everybody,

my wife stay with me in her last visit to morocco 6 Month , only thing they ask me to do is each 3 month i have to go the police to get an authorization to stay more, if not then they will not let her go back the USA and they will stop her at airport ...
i hope that help
Thanks

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.