40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Glory but don't lose hope since that you did not even start the application, who knows you'll be one of the lucky one who get approve fast.Approval of application is on a case to case basis. YEs you can do it on your own without the help of either an attorney or a lawyer but for me its not as easy as it looks.My fiance and I want to make sure the K1 visa application is done correctly. :)

That's true tho. Hopefully we get this thing started ASAP. :) Oh yes, I agree with you on that. Although some people can handle without a lawyer, I think having one helps to ensure that all the documents and process flow smoothly. :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

That's true tho. Hopefully we get this thing started ASAP. :) Oh yes, I agree with you on that. Although some people can handle without a lawyer, I think having one helps to ensure that all the documents and process flow smoothly. :)

:thumbs:

Timeline

Hi! Thanks for the positive response. You and your girl are so adorbss.. Just had to. Haha! Anyway, I agree with you and I definitely know how you feel. My fiance and I skype each other everyday, even while we sleep. :) Did you file your petition yet? Is there any specific address that we need to send the I-129F? :)

Thanks! Yes, I did, I got back to Cali from visiting her on March 23rd 2013, picked up a new birth certificate on March 25th and sent off the petition on the 26th. Last Tuesday with express mail. They received it on Wednesday and I received the NOA1 yesterday. USCIS has already deposited my check as well. I already started reading all about this k1 stuff when we started liking each other just, to make sure something was possible in the future. I'm in southern cali and if your fiance needs some guidance have him email or call me. I wouldn't mind helping. Before this girl, I dated an immigration attorney and we decided to stay friends after. So she's pretty much a big help as well. I never knew what an immigration attorney did, so I always teased her before and now I am in this situation. How ironic!

Edited by Mike & Weng

Timeline

Thanks! Yes, I did, I got back to Cali from visiting her on March 23rd 2013, picked up a new birth certificate on March 25th and sent off the petition on the 26th. Last Tuesday with express mail. They received it on Wednesday and I received the NOA1 yesterday. USCIS has already deposited my check as well. I already started reading all about this k1 stuff when we started liking each other just, to make sure something was possible in the future. I'm in southern cali and if your fiance needs some guidance have him email or call me. I wouldn't mind helping. Before this girl, I dated an immigration attorney and we decided to stay friends after. So she's pretty much a big help as well. I never knew what an immigration attorney did, so I always teased her before and now I am in this situation. How ironic!

Oh wow.. you really prepared for it. That's awesome! I guess having an immigration attorney really helps? My fiance and I are thinking about it a lot. He lives in Pennsylvania. I think it would be nice if he can at least email you. So he'd know about the process, especially from a petitioner. I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much! Hopefully we can start filing too. :)

Try not to be overwhelmed by the process as we were lol. My wife, then fiancée just arrived in USA March 1st with no issues. Follow all the links here for what is needed from both of you to get the petition completed. Right now from what I read California Service Center or CSC is moving slower in processing petitions. So the length of your wait would depend on what part of the USA your fiancée lives and where your petition is sent. This process tests everyone's patience as many are enduring longer wait times then we did at 208 days. Which at the time was longer than most at 180. No one can predict timelines as right now they are all over the place.

My suggestion is to ask questions send messages to others that are willing to help as we would be. Many helped us out as this is a great forum.

Good luck

Timeline

Oh wow.. you really prepared for it. That's awesome! I guess having an immigration attorney really helps? My fiance and I are thinking about it a lot. He lives in Pennsylvania. I think it would be nice if he can at least email you. So he'd know about the process, especially from a petitioner. I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much! Hopefully we can start filing too. :)

An attorney is not really needed if you and your fiancee follow the guide here on this website and feel confident in your ability to fill out some forms. Here is a link to the K1 Guide or you can get there through the "Guides" up top:

My link

He is from PA, what part? I grew up just north of Allentown PA, east side of the state.

All the best to the both of you no matter which way you decide to go.

We're in the same boat as you, but it seems like you are going the right way.

We met online and in a couple of months I decided to visit her. Met her once, but we knew we really liked each other before I even went to the Philippines. I didn't go there to confirm our feelings, I did it to fulfill the requirements of the Fiance Visa. We have a real relationship from the start proven to us by our hours of long conversations through Skype, I'm talking about 3-5 hours daily for months. Also our messages throughout the day. Don't need the multiple visits, all we know is we want to grow old together. Meet once, do your petition (measure twice, cut once on the i-129f) and send it off to the Texas address.

Off topic - your video is Hilarious !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Also my fiancee suggested that I try to apply for a US tourist visa just to be together before he files the petition.

This is the best advice, ever.

You should follow his advice.

No need to vette, just do.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I agree with Darnell.

There is no harm in trying to apply for a Tourist Visa although approval is on a case to case basis especially in the Philippines.

I don't want to move to another country without knowing how it is there so I applied for a Tourist Visa, got approved and I visited my then fiancé (now husband) in the US.

A month and half after I came back from my visit we applied for a K1 visa. I took lots of pictures in the US especially with my fiancé's parents (now my in-laws) and these became good solid evidence when it came to the interview part of the K1 process. It was also a good experience facing the consul when applying for the Tourist Visa as when it was time for me to face the consul for the K1 visa (although different consuls) I was I familiar with the process, didn't broke a sweat and the interview went with a breeze.

I think applying for a B2 visa (tourist) first before applying for a K1 is the better way than applying for a K1 visa then applying for a tourist visa (as most people would get inpatient with the K1 process).

If and when you decide to apply for a Tourist Visa, just be sure that you can prove that you have STRONG ties to the Philippines.

Goodluck!

Edited by Bluerose001

Timeline

I agree with Darnell.

There is no harm in trying to apply for a Tourist Visa although approval is on a case to case basis especially in the Philippines.

I don't want to move to another country without knowing how it is there so I applied for a Tourist Visa, got approved and I visited my then fiancé (now husband) in the US.

A month and half after I came back from my visit we applied for a K1 visa. I took lots of pictures in the US especially with my fiancé's parents (now my in-laws) and these became good solid evidence when it came to the interview part of the K1 process. It was also a good experience facing the consul when applying for the Tourist Visa as when it was time for me to face the consul for the K1 visa (although different consuls) I was I familiar with the process, didn't broke a sweat and the interview went with a breeze.

I think applying for a B2 visa (tourist) first before applying for a K1 is the better way than applying for a K1 visa then applying for a tourist visa (as most people would get inpatient with the K1 process).

If and when you decide to apply for a Tourist Visa, just be sure that you can prove that you have STRONG ties to the Philippines.

Goodluck!

Hello! Thank you for your response.. It was very insightful. Although I have the intention to come back to the Philippines when I apply for a tourist visa, the thing is, I don't have enough proof for strong ties in the Philippines. I've researched about acquiring B2 but I get discouraged every time someone tells me that my age can be a red flag. I've also just started my job here, and I don't earn that big atm. Just enough. Thank you tho. We're still considering B2. :)

Timeline

Try not to be overwhelmed by the process as we were lol. My wife, then fiancée just arrived in USA March 1st with no issues. Follow all the links here for what is needed from both of you to get the petition completed. Right now from what I read California Service Center or CSC is moving slower in processing petitions. So the length of your wait would depend on what part of the USA your fiancée lives and where your petition is sent. This process tests everyone's patience as many are enduring longer wait times then we did at 208 days. Which at the time was longer than most at 180. No one can predict timelines as right now they are all over the place.

My suggestion is to ask questions send messages to others that are willing to help as we would be. Many helped us out as this is a great forum.

Good luck

Aww that is why I'm so happy to have found this site. Great people helping each other. :) My fiancé lives in Pennsylvania. I dont really know where he'd send the petition. :/ I'm TRYING to take this whole process very calmly. Haha Thank you so much for your response! :)

Timeline

An attorney is not really needed if you and your fiancee follow the guide here on this website and feel confident in your ability to fill out some forms. Here is a link to the K1 Guide or you can get there through the "Guides" up top:

My link

He is from PA, what part? I grew up just north of Allentown PA, east side of the state.

All the best to the both of you no matter which way you decide to go.

Hi! Yes, I've also thought about that. I guess it's a good thing that I found this site before we apply. It gives us enough or more knowledge about this whole process. :) Ooh! I've seen Allentown in pictures when he virtually toured me around PA. Lol Do you know where he would send his application when he uses his address? :)

This is the best advice, ever.

You should follow his advice.

No need to vette, just do.

Thanks for your response! :) I'm considering it. Just wished I had more proof of strong ties from my country. :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.