BeanCamp

NVC Hold Up with Sending I-129F to Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Posted in NVC but also posting in this forum since it relates to K1 visa. NVC received and assigned my case number on 3/21. I called today and was told it can take 2-4 weeks for processing. I see plenty of people, even those with the same beneficiary country where NVC processes and sendd within 2-3 days. Even when looking at K1 stats it states that NVC is processing as 3/22/2013. Has anyone been in my scenerio and has successfuly been able to get special attention to your file and have it sent right away? i.e like going to a supervisor for further investigation. At this point I am not waiting up to a month and then another month and a half before my fiance gets his visa. It seems arbitary that some get in and out in days and other do not.

I did call to update the beneficary's address once the case was approved. I also updated the beneficiary's email a couple of days ago. Would this have any affect with NVC "administrative process"? Does anyone know exactly what is the NVC Administrative Process for K1's?

Edited by BeanCamp

Posted in NVC but also posting in this forum since it relates to K1 visa. NVC received and assigned my case number on 3/21. I called today and was told it can take 2-4 weeks for processing. I see plenty of people, even those with the same beneficiary country where NVC processes and sendd within 2-3 days. Even when looking at K1 stats it states that NVC is processing as 3/22/2013. Has anyone been in my scenerio and has successfuly been able to get special attention to your file and have it sent right away? i.e like going to a supervisor for further investigation. At this point I am not waiting up to a month and then another month and a half before my fiance gets his visa. It seems arbitary that some get in and out in days and other do not.

I did call to update the beneficary's address once the case was approved. I also updated the beneficiary's email a couple of days ago. Would this have any affect with NVC "administrative process"? Does anyone know exactly what is the NVC Administrative Process for K1's?

There's a good chance it's been sent already, I was told the same thing when I called. Did you email the embassy with the case number, DS 230 and request the interview date?

This how it works; NVC waits for the interview date to be assigned then notify u and ur spouse, then send DS 230 and other docs to Kingston. You can call Dept of State at 202 663 1225. My husband called last week and was told Kingston was fully booked for the remainder of March and all of April and he should call back mid April for a date.

Let us know what you find out from them.

Timeline

Usually once the service center approves your petition they send you a letter telling you your case is being sent to the NVC where it will be routed to the correct Embassy...usually within a week of it reaching the Embassy (usually the case will reach the Embassy within a few days from when it leaves the NVC) packet 3 will be sent to your fiance requesting him to return the DS-230 and once they receive this form back they will issue an appointment letter. Although in my fiance's case an extra month past after the Kingston Embassy supposedly sent his packet 3, which means it probably got lost in the mail somewhere...I only found out because I called DOS and they said it had already been sent about a month prior. I emailed the Embassy to get further information, printed the DS-230 and emailed the form back requesting that my fiance be given an appt to pick up his appt letter from the Embassy or it they could please email his letter due to difficulty receiving mail at his home. As someone else suggested probably calling DOS is the best way to find out the status so you know what step is needed next...good luck and have immense patience with the process as it can be frustrating and longer then expected :)

This how it works; NVC waits for the interview date to be assigned then notify u and ur spouse, then send DS 230 and other docs to Kingston. You can call Dept of State at 202 663 1225. My husband called last week and was told Kingston was fully booked for the remainder of March and all of April and he should call back mid April for a date.

Let us know what you find out from them.

Not at all what happened to us! I simply emailed the embassy the signed DS 230 and got my interview date four days later...NVC waits for nothing then it comes to K-1's, they don't process them! Maybe it's different for people that are already married but this worked for us....

Timeline

Not at all what happened to us! I simply emailed the embassy the signed DS 230 and got my interview date four days later...NVC waits for nothing then it comes to K-1's, they don't process them! Maybe it's different for people that are already married but this worked for us....

Which email address do you email the DS-230 to?

KingstonIVappointment@state.gov or KingstonIV@state.gov

Timeline

4/5/2013

I wanted to come back and post my experiece with the NVC for others who may find themselves in a similar situation. My package left NVC yesterday 4/4/2013; 11 working days after NVC received my petition. On 3/21/2013, I sent an email to the NVC asking they update the beneficiary's mailing address. Two days later I called NVC to inquire about the case status and beneficiary address update. At that time I updated his mailing address over the phone. The rep stated emails are processed in the order they are received. I updated it over the phone because I thought to myself, i didn't want them to send out the case without the address being updated. (silly me)

On 4/2/2013 I received a response email from NVC advising my case was undergoing "necessary administrative processing. You will be notified with further instructions when the processing is complete." In between, I called pretty much every day. Some of the responses I received from reps was my case is undergoing additional processing, administrative processing, one guy even told me my case sits in a box until it fills up after which it is sent to the embassy. (of course I went onto VJ checked out similar timelines and saw some with NOA2 after me had already had their cases forwarded to the same embassy as me) and was infuriated.

Here are some of my observations. If there is any activity email/address update submitted via email, there is a chance your case comes out of the normal shuffle and put into "necessary administrative processing". Reason being, I got the email from NVC on 4/2/2013 and two days later my packet went out. Which would be consistent with most timelines.

I have done extensive research on what "administrative processing" means for K1's. Most of what I read states that NVC only enters your case in the system and ships it off to the Embassy. I also read the NVC randomly selects files and puts them through security checks. I never found actual confirmation that this takes place, NVC never confirms it I did go onto the government website and even read a newsletter posted by the NVC which describes how they process cases. click here to read. http://digitaledition.state.gov/publication/?i=108925&p=37

Throughout my quest for answers, I came across a fellow v'jers post about how to check your NVC case status. Here is the link https://ceac.state.g...er/Status.aspx?. When I entered my case number, a pop up box appreared stating my case was processing and to contact NVC if I hadn't been contacted by them. An hour later I re-entered my case number and an error appeared stating my search did not return any results. I immediately contacted NVC. Once I was able to get a live person, I was told my case had been sent out today.

This process has been quite frustrating, especially seeing others going in and out of the NVC in no time. My advise for anyone, wait until the embassy receives the case and then update the beneficiary's address. We are going through Kingston, and it seems as though Kingston is very responsive to email inquires.

Good luck, and God bless you all through your journey.

Next stop... Interview!

Edited by BeanCamp

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Your NVC case status link doesn't work.

4/5/2013

I wanted to come back and post my experiece with the NVC for others who may find themselves in a similar situation. My package left NVC yesterday 4/4/2013; 11 working days after NVC received my petition. On 3/21/2013, I sent an email to the NVC asking they update the beneficiary's mailing address. Two days later I called NVC to inquire about the case status and beneficiary address update. At that time I updated his mailing address over the phone. The rep stated emails are processed in the order they are received. I updated it over the phone because I thought to myself, i didn't want them to send out the case without the address being updated. (silly me)

On 4/2/2013 I received a response email from NVC advising my case was undergoing "necessary administrative processing. You will be notified with further instructions when the processing is complete." In between, I called pretty much every day. Some of the responses I received from reps was my case is undergoing additional processing, administrative processing, one guy even told me my case sits in a box until it fills up after which it is sent to the embassy. (of course I went onto VJ checked out similar timelines and saw some with NOA2 after me had already had their cases forwarded to the same embassy as me) and was infuriated.

Here are some of my observations. If there is any activity email/address update submitted via email, there is a chance your case comes out of the normal shuffle and put into "necessary administrative processing". Reason being, I got the email from NVC on 4/2/2013 and two days later my packet went out. Which would be consistent with most timelines.

I have done extensive research on what "administrative processing" means for K1's. Most of what I read states that NVC only enters your case in the system and ships it off to the Embassy. I also read the NVC randomly selects files and puts them through security checks. I never found actual confirmation that this takes place, NVC never confirms it I did go onto the government website and even read a newsletter posted by the NVC which describes how they process cases. click here to read. http://digitaledition.state.gov/publication/?i=108925&p=37

Throughout my quest for answers, I came across a fellow v'jers post about how to check your NVC case status. Here is the link https://ceac.state.g...er/Status.aspx?. When I entered my case number, a pop up box appreared stating my case was processing and to contact NVC if I hadn't been contacted by them. An hour later I re-entered my case number and an error appeared stating my search did not return any results. I immediately contacted NVC. Once I was able to get a live person, I was told my case had been sent out today.

This process has been quite frustrating, especially seeing others going in and out of the NVC in no time. My advise for anyone, wait until the embassy receives the case and then update the beneficiary's address. We are going through Kingston, and it seems as though Kingston is very responsive to email inquires.

Good luck, and God bless you all through your journey.

Next stop... Interview!

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.