elizatran

OPT student married with US citizen

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

CASE: I’m on OPT in F-1 Visa. My OPT will be expired on 09/2013 but I can apply for STEM extent. My boyfriend is a US Citizen, we got married last month 02/2013. I’m filling application for getting me a green card.

I have a history record of shoplifting case, I didn’t get arrested/jailed just a ticket to court but I had a lawyer to defense at that time and plea No Contest. I just went to expunge/ seal the case yesterday and it might take 8-12 weeks to seal ( wish I had known and done it long time ago)

QUESTIONS:

1. Will this record affect me for approving my I-130, I-485?

2. Should I wait until it seal then turn in the application?

3. What should I check in I-485 Part2 box?

4. What should I check in Part 3 1,2,3 and 4?

5. G-325A What should I check in “This form is submitted in connection with an application for:”

6. I’m using the example form on here and it’s a bit confuse on I-130 form on “Part B: Information about you” is my husband or me the one need to fill?

7. How many / much checks should I write for the application?

a. I-130 : $420 ?

b. I-765 : $380 ?

c. I-485 : $985 +$85 ?

d. I-131 : $131 ?

We would love to have our main wedding in Vietnam in November,2013. We are praying everything is gonna goes well.

Please help me go through all these stress. I’m really appreciated.

Thank you so much

Theft can sometimes be considered a CIMT.

I would advise you speak to an immigration attorney before you file any applications with USCIS.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

The sealing will have no effect on your immigration case. You have to disclose it regardless of it being sealed or not. This is very easy for them to find out, so trying to hide it will surely be a bad idea and result in serious consequences.

Yes, it can have an effect on your application, but we don't have enough information to tell you the extent. As the above poster said, bring all documents to a lawyer before filing any cases with USCIS.

The sealing will have no effect on your immigration case. You have to disclose it regardless of it being sealed or not. This is very easy for them to find out, so trying to hide it will surely be a bad idea and result in serious consequences.

Yes, it can have an effect on your application, but we don't have enough information to tell you the extent. As the above poster said, bring all documents to a lawyer before filing any cases with USCIS.

Thank you so much! I think I will go to the lawyer after all!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

1. Will this record affect me for approving my I-130, I-485?

2. Should I wait until it seal then turn in the application?

3. What should I check in I-485 Part2 box?

4. What should I check in Part 3 1,2,3 and 4?

5. G-325A What should I check in “This form is submitted in connection with an application for:”

6. I’m using the example form on here and it’s a bit confuse on I-130 form on “Part B: Information about you” is my husband or me the one need to fill?

7. How many / much checks should I write for the application?

a. I-130 : $420 ?

b. I-765 : $380 ?

c. I-485 : $985 +$85 ?

d. I-131 : $131 ?

3. Box a

6. Your US spouse is the one filing in the I-130 petition. He is the petitioner. You are the relative.

7. I-130, one check ; I-485/I-765/I-131= one check on $1070. EAD and AP fees are waived when those applications are filed with AOS.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.