honhey

CFO docs

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I am waiting for my Visa interview, (Spouse visa). I am Married and turning 21 this May 2013, MY QUESTION is "What do i need to bring upon attending the CFO?" I've already seen their site, but i just wanna get the specific documents that i need to bring since there are alot on their list, im getting confused :unsure: PLEASE help for those who already got into this.

PS: If i'm goin there with my Mom, do i still need a parental concent with notary?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Edited by honhey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there!! Im 20 and I had my CFO this month. I brought a lot of docs with me I think thats better than to missed something. I also have parental consent and went there with my dad but they neither asked for my parental consent nor to see my Dad.

They asked for my passport, copy of visa,copy of biographic page of pp,copy of two valid ID's, 2x2 pic and form they gave me to fill out. If you are married, bring copy of your marriage contract and they said sometimes they asked pics of you together.

Good luck!!! you'll be fine :)

Edited by toastedpancake

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

Timeline

Hi there!! Im 20 and I had my CFO this month. I brought a lot of docs with me I think thats better than to missed something. I also have parental consent and went there with my dad but they neither asked for my parental consent nor to see my Dad.

They asked for my passport, copy of visa,copy of biographic page of pp,copy of two valid ID's, 2x2 pic and form they gave me to fill out. If you are married, bring copy of your marriage contract and they said sometimes they asked pics of you together.

Good luck!!! you'll be fine :)

They neither ask for ur parental consent nor ur dar? wow. but thats preety cool! :) Anyways, Thanks for the Information! :*

Timeline

They neither ask for ur parental consent nor ur dar? wow. but thats pretty cool! :) Anyways, Thanks for the Information! :*

BUT do u still have the copy of you parental consent? Would you mind if i ask the file, just to have it just in case.

Edited by honhey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't go to the CFO assuming they won't ask. Unless you want to come back it's better to do everything they request if they don't ask for it then great. You do need a notarized permission. They might not ask for it, but it's something better to do than not to do.

Timeline

I wouldn't go to the CFO assuming they won't ask. Unless you want to come back it's better to do everything they request if they don't ask for it then great. You do need a notarized permission. They might not ask for it, but it's something better to do than not to do.

You're right.. Thank you :)

Timeline

I think partly why they don't ask for consent letter at CFO is you are already married, so you did that already. Just thinking out loud.

Here is the info I have:

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (two sessions per day) for Manila and 12 per session (only one session a day) for Cebu. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR (CEMAR and marriage certificate if married), certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I think partly why they don't ask for consent letter at CFO is you are already married, so you did that already. Just thinking out loud.

Here is the info I have:

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (two sessions per day) for Manila and 12 per session (only one session a day) for Cebu. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR (CEMAR and marriage certificate if married), certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

wow! THANK YOU SO MUCH for ur help, Hank! :)

Bring everything listed on the CFO website and also bring every scrap of paper from your immigration process. And yes, bring your notarized parental consent/advice form too.

Like lola always said: "It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.