madtownguy

Someone suddenly is a bit cocky

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was separated for many years, but not divorced until right before our K-1 filing. My divorce was final about a month before we filed. It was never questioned. The interview at the embassy is more about her, and her relationship with you, its not really about you except do you meet the money requirements. My wife was shaking in her shoes about the interview. As it was they didn't ask her any questions, just made friendly chat while he glanced over the papers. We were pretty heavily front loaded. Three binders worth of evidence, another binder of photos, and not one thing was asked from her except the required forms. :rofl:

Yeah you're probably right, hard to judge separation and divorce. Plus the state I lived in had 6 month wait before divorce is finalized. I didn't go super crazy with evidence, I maybe have 100 total pages of chat, a dozen photos, and a screen show that shows there is 541 pages of viber chat I just didn't want to print out. They approved NOA2 with no photos, which I was way more worried about than the interview in the big picture. My first marriage was with someone who overstayed visa, used fake social, and who knows what else... they didn't ask a single question of me at the interview except are you married. At the time we were married, but sleeping in separate rooms on the brink of divorce but I tried to keep status quo to have my step boys in my life for as long as possible. So certainly it would be odd if this gets denied doing everything the right way, and someone doing it all wrong gets approved. This forum really helped, I put way more in the file for income verification and other things just because of all the problems I've seen on this forum. Better to be super safe than sorry.

Well, if your lucky, she got the names and addresses of the folk giving her advice.

That's gonna be useful, if there's a denial, as she can then sue them for monetary recompense.

Like that is going to happen in the Philippines. :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I know , I know - she's probably not that lucky - didn't get any names or addresses.

I feel bad for the OP, as she's gonna do what she wants, now, without regard to what he tells her.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I wonder if I'll encounter any extra scrutiny (prejudice) because my ex wife was a Caucasian? We've been separated/divorced for over 10 years now, but I'm sure they will ask my Fiancee "why" we got divorced. Even though I've already told her the real reason, I'm still worried that her unadulterated response might be, "Siguro, because she was a nagger...". That would likely open up another whole can of worms. :unsure:

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Highly unlikely. The CO at the embassy will be more interested in how well your fiancee knows you and about your life. You already provided a divorce decree at the petition stage to USCIS so that isn't something the CO will ask about.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Highly unlikely. The CO at the embassy will be more interested in how well your fiancee knows you and about your life. You already provided a divorce decree at the petition stage to USCIS so that isn't something the CO will ask about.

And I've never heard about asking what race the divorced partner was before. They may ask the beneficiary knows about the previous marriage and why they divorced, but the who and when doesn't seem to matter.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

ya, the OP married a foreigner on the prior marriage, went through AOS and some other stuff,

so the Vice Consul is gonna look a bit harder at his lass during the interview.

That's ok, also - only I am sad that he won't be able to prep her for this.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ya, the OP married a foreigner on the prior marriage, went through AOS and some other stuff,

so the Vice Consul is gonna look a bit harder at his lass during the interview.

That's ok, also - only I am sad that he won't be able to prep her for this.

Oh, multiple immigrations, yep a harder look but still shouldn't be too bad. Philippines isn't the worst place to go through that. There are guys serially marrying out of that country and even with the new laws, seem to continue to do so.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. First fiance visa so maybe since they ask that question it is more their concern. I'm an overly prepaired overly cautious type person, and she obviously is not. There is one more business day before her interview and she still doesn't have her cenomar, supposedly for sure she will have it tomorrow but I don't know why she didn't just do what she needed to do in the beginning. She could have took one day and went everywhere to make sure she gets everything instead of this try to get it cheap and easy through local government. I don't really understand it but it seems like there are slow ways and fast ways to get things, and she always chooses the slow first and then when time runs out goes to faster. It's really irritating. And then her facebook has done nothing but be problems from the beginning, why do girls act so stupid and with out thought when it comes to that. Social media should be outlawed nothing good ever comes of it.

Timeline

I will burn some joss and pray to the Goddess.

You better prepare her for some "curveballs". I thought i had everything when i went to my interview....then they told me i have to come back with a notarized photocopy of my husband's passport stamp of his latest visit. Just because i was pregnant at that time and the filipino lady at the window was doubtful "it" was my husband's. #SHOCKER! Haha

Timeline

I wonder if she can plead the 5th in questioning... It's too bad I couldn't be there, I would not be worried at all then. I was more worried about the medical part, I assumed she had the same up bringing as me when it comes to medical type stuff. But from what she explains she never saw a Dr her entire life. I guess maybe it's kind of normal in the Philippines, but when she said she was born at home, never had a needle stuck in her from what she can recall or a physical, I was like damn from what I was taught in the US she should be dead. I guess maybe we don't need our hospitals as bad as I thought. Except for her complaining 5 days now that her arm still hurts from vaccine shots, the medical was a breeze.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.