joyce0731

k1 petition returned to USCIS

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day. I am Joyce from philippines who recently had an interview last Jan 2013. My case was put on hold due to the fact I have multiple petition. I have 2 k1 petitions filed by 2 different fiance. first petition filed march 2010 and 2nd petition filed April 2012. I dont have any communication with my ex-fiance since he verbally abused me back then. Can Anyone help me what to do with my case since USEM returned the 2 petitions back to USCIS. When do I expect to hear from them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Edited by joyce0731

Timeline

You're going to have a tough time.

What was the final outcome of the first petition?

It was abandoned since USEM asking my ex-fiance for a financial support thing but He cannot provide. I was denied last Sept.1 2010 for the 1st petition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving from AOS to K-1 forums as this is an issue with K-1 petitions not AOS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It's impossible to tell you what's going to happen.

This type of situation is really suspicious to the State Dept, and they are trying to cancel the petition because it seems they didn't believe the interview. It takes a while for USCIS to respond in these cases, and it may be revoked.

what will happen if they will revoke it?? can we just get married with my new fiance and file a spousal visa?

Filed: Timeline

what will happen if they will revoke it?? can we just get married with my new fiance and file a spousal visa?

Yes, you could. But you're going to have trouble either way. If the relationship is completely genuine, you'll get through it.

If the K1 is revoked, it just becomes revoked. Nothing really happens. Any subsequent application of yours is going to get a lot of scrutiny though.

Edited by CC90

Timeline

Yes, you could. But you're going to have trouble either way. If the relationship is completely genuine, you'll get through it.

If the K1 is revoked, it just becomes revoked. Nothing really happens. Any subsequent application of yours is going to get a lot of scrutiny though.

thank you so much for the help.

thank you for the help.

Timeline

I seems you are bent on marrying for immigration benefits...they will give you a rough time even if U get an atty and get married.

2 petitions????

its not for immigration purposes. My first petitioner is very abusive guy that why I decided to end our relationship. and after 2 years I found this loving man who is willing marry me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Like others suggested, you are going to have a hard time. Manila is known for having some tough interviews and having two petitions filed so closely together, but with different people, will look very suspicious. If your relationship is genuine then eventually you'll power through.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am in a similar situation. I talked to a number of lawyers and was told two difference things. Here is what happen with my wife. She did have a boyfriend who did get a K1 visa for her and the girls. They were approved and in October 2011 he canceled the visa. I was worried this would make it harder for us to get the same type K1. One lawyer told me if we were married we would have more rights. Then I had a number of other one say that the K1 would be OK. Finally had one say if I married her it might make it harder. I did marry her and I just sent my I-130 for her and the girls. So I let you know what happens. We do have emails and in her passport that show the canceled K1 visa and she went to the consulate to have that done. We also have a email for the person telling her why he canceled it. We were told that when we get a interview this is were we would have to present this proof. I just sent my packet today 3/15/13. It sound like you need a lawyer to help guide you since you have been denied. I wish you luck

Timeline

I am in a similar situation. I talked to a number of lawyers and was told two difference things. Here is what happen with my wife. She did have a boyfriend who did get a K1 visa for her and the girls. They were approved and in October 2011 he canceled the visa. I was worried this would make it harder for us to get the same type K1. One lawyer told me if we were married we would have more rights. Then I had a number of other one say that the K1 would be OK. Finally had one say if I married her it might make it harder. I did marry her and I just sent my I-130 for her and the girls. So I let you know what happens. We do have emails and in her passport that show the canceled K1 visa and she went to the consulate to have that done. We also have a email for the person telling her why he canceled it. We were told that when we get a interview this is were we would have to present this proof. I just sent my packet today 3/15/13. It sound like you need a lawyer to help guide you since you have been denied. I wish you luck

Thanks I wish you luck too since you just started your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.