madeforeachother

Naturalization interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everybody,

My Citizenship interview is scheduled on Monday, April 15,2013 at 2:00 PM in Pittsburgh, PA USCIS office.Can I get some help/guidance to prepare for the interview(e.g., organizers etc)?. Any help will be appreciated.Also, Do you think my oath ceremony will be same day?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everybody,

My Citizenship interview is scheduled on Monday, April 15,2013 at 2:00 PM in Pittsburgh, PA USCIS office.Can I get some help/guidance to prepare for the interview(e.g., organizers etc)?. Any help will be appreciated.Also, Do you think my oath ceremony will be same day?

I just had my interview there on the Feb 28. I took a tons of documentation with me, the IO didn't ask for a single document that I brought with me. He asked for my green card and drivers license and that was it. He then went over my N-400 application, asked me the question at the end, you know defend the constitution, I then signed it and put my initial. We then moved into the questions, he had me read one question, then write its answer that he read. After that he asked the other 6 questions and wrote down the answers. and that was it. Then he said that I will receive the oath letter in the mail.

As far as I know Pittsburgh doesn't offer same day oath except for military people. The odd thing was that at the same time I had my interview there a ceremony going at the same time. since your interview is on April 15 you will miss the court house ceremony which is held every 3rd of the month (April 19) my guess is if you pass and get approved you will be scheduled for May. Good luck.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I just had my interview there on the Feb 28. I took a tons of documentation with me, the IO didn't ask for a single document that I brought with me. He asked for my green card and drivers license and that was it. He then went over my N-400 application, asked me the question at the end, you know defend the constitution, I then signed it and put my initial. We then moved into the questions, he had me read one question, then write its answer that he read. After that he asked the other 6 questions and wrote down the answers. and that was it. Then he said that I will receive the oath letter in the mail.

As far as I know Pittsburgh doesn't offer same day oath except for military people. The odd thing was that at the same time I had my interview there a ceremony going at the same time. since your interview is on April 15 you will miss the court house ceremony which is held every 3rd of the month (April 19) my guess is if you pass and get approved you will be scheduled for May. Good luck.

hey did u have ur oath ceremony yet

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : HAITI
I-129F SENT APRIL 25, 2013
NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
ALIEN # CHANGE MAY 7, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
NVC RECEIVE JULY 19, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
EMBASSY RECEIVED JULY 25, 2013
PACKET 3 SENT AUGUST 7, 2013 (BUT VIA MAIL)
RECEIVED PACKET 3 AUGUST 26, 2013 IN THE STATE
FIANCE RECIEVED PACKET 3 AUGUST 29, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

No I was not approved in time for today's ceremony but I was scheduled. I am anticipating to get it either today or tomorrow!

when u said every third of the month what day?

NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

when u said every third of the month what day?

sorry every 3rd Friday of the each month but that's only at the court house. They do also do ceremonies at the USCIS office in south side but I do not know how often they hold those!

are you in the process or something?

event.png

Timeline

sorry every 3rd Friday of the each month but that's only at the court house. They do also do ceremonies at the USCIS office in south side but I do not know how often they hold those!

are you in the process or something?

yes my interview is on tuesday ive been looking to see if they do same day ceremony

NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

yes my interview is on tuesday ive been looking to see if they do same day ceremony

unfortunately they do not! but if you get approved in time you will for sure be scheduled for April 19 that will be the latest you can be scheduled.

there was another guy who had the interview on same day as me and he had his ceremony today. He received the oath letter last Saturday for a following Friday ceremony. Once I receive my letter I will post the date. good luck on Tuesday!

event.png

Timeline

unfortunately they do not! but if you get approved in time you will for sure be scheduled for April 19 that will be the latest you can be scheduled.

there was another guy who had the interview on same day as me and he had his ceremony today. He received the oath letter last Saturday for a following Friday ceremony. Once I receive my letter I will post the date. good luck on Tuesday!

thanks i'm kinda nervous right now, how was ur interview was it hard, my appt is at 8 30 am, it would be nice if they have the same day interview in the north side

NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

i just found out my appt is on the south side 3000 sydney

NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

thanks i'm kinda nervous right now, how was ur interview was it hard, my appt is at 8 30 am, it would be nice if they have the same day interview in the north side

The interview was a piece of cake, what I did was I downloaded the questions and answers in MP3 format and loaded them into my iPhone. I was listening to them and that helped a lot. if you get the same office he was really nice and very casual. I was freaking out about the interview too but it went really well!

event.png

Timeline

The interview was a piece of cake, what I did was I downloaded the questions and answers in MP3 format and loaded them into my iPhone. I was listening to them and that helped a lot. if you get the same office he was really nice and very casual. I was freaking out about the interview too but it went really well!

nice hope mine goes smooth, so ur interview was in the south side too?

NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

nice hope mine goes smooth, so ur interview was in the south side too?

yes that's where all interviews are conducted. The oat on the other hand changes and some times are held in the same office. I am sure you will be fine on Tuesday!

event.png

Timeline

yes that's where all interviews are conducted. The oat on the other hand changes and some times are held in the same office. I am sure you will be fine on Tuesday!

Hope so and i was really hoping that they will have the same day ceremony

NOA1 APRIL 29, 2013
NOA2 JULY 14, 2013
LEFT NVC JULY 23, 2013
event.png
event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.