Iraqvet

Woman in the Infantry?

73 posts in this topic

I think that men should be held accountable if/when they fight over the girl and the girl should not be punished and prohibited from an opportunity because we worry the poor boys can't handle themselves and deal with the consequences of acting out.

do you know how many feminazi's I heard spouting the same ol garbage in my Officer basic course. Keep in mind this was a supply course. We finally went on our FTX which was probably not as taxing as a weekend boy scout retreat. 3 of them could not complete the 5 mile slow walk with 20 lb ruck. 2 had to leave the field for a rash, 1 got a booboo on her finger and had to go. I think the only ones that completed the little vacation in the woods, was the class ####### and 2 lesbians.

Filed: Timeline

I think that men should be held accountable if/when they fight over the girl and the girl should not be punished and prohibited from an opportunity because we worry the poor boys can't handle themselves and deal with the consequences of acting out.

I understand you. I agree that it is not the girls fault. There are good solders and marines that would respect the females presence, and theres some that wont. Trust me. If you go join the infantry. Especially in the Marine Corps, you will be verbally sexually harressed everyday that you are there if not physically harressed. And instead of the Colonel focusing on the mission, his attention will be on punishing those other idiots. The colonel will not allow you there because of that.

I am older and in my life I have seen men do some bat ####### crazy stuff over women. Myself not being the exception.

I heard that. There was a guy in our sister battalion that killed a guy over a female civilian out in town. I would hate to see what would happen if it was out in the field.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

High school, college and then straight to a K-1? Going to a high school prom or being on the college debate team is hardly life experience.

No, that wasn't my life, but thank you for implying things, Troll.

do you know how many feminazi's I heard spouting the same ol garbage in my Officer basic course. Keep in mind this was a supply course. We finally went on our FTX which was probably not as taxing as a weekend boy scout retreat. 3 of them could not complete the 5 mile slow walk with 20 lb ruck. 2 had to leave the field for a rash, 1 got a booboo on her finger and had to go. I think the only ones that completed the little vacation in the woods, was the class ####### and 2 lesbians.

Wow. Everything about this is offensive.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

I understand you. I agree that it is not the girls fault. There are good solders and marines that would respect the females presence, and theres some that wont. Trust me. If you go join the infantry. Especially in the Marine Corps, you will be verbally sexually harressed everyday that you are there if not physically harressed. And instead of the Colonel focusing on the mission, his attention will be on punishing those other idiots. The colonel will not allow you there because of that.

I can see your point, really. Unfortunately, daily sexual harassment exists in civilian life too, but judging my brother who's in the Marines, I can only assume that the sexism is further amplified there - just as homophobia was and is. I just don't believe it is fair to prohibit a woman from the opportunity if she wants to take it and is qualified to do so.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1362710314' post='6030272]

offensive is what he does best. i suggest you ignore him.

Suggestion heeded. :thumbs:

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

09/19/2013 - Interview

I can see your point, really. Unfortunately, daily sexual harassment exists in civilian life too, but judging my brother who's in the Marines, I can only assume that the sexism is further amplified there - just as homophobia was and is. I just don't believe it is fair to prohibit a woman from the opportunity if she wants to take it and is qualified to do

It isn't fair to the woman at all to be prohibited. I don't want a woman there because I don't want to grow some sort of attachment or crush on her in the middle of a fire fight. Because I would lose focus on the mission and try to keep her safe. That scenario would happen with every other guy as well. Those men are not going to see that girl as one of the guys. Out there you will be the only opposite sex connection they will have for an extended period of time.

Timeline

It isn't fair to the woman at all to be prohibited. I don't want a woman there because I don't want to grow some sort of attachment or crush on her in the middle of a fire fight. Because I would lose focus on the mission and try to keep her safe. That scenario would happen with every other guy as well. Those men are not going to see that girl as one of the guys. Out there you will be the only opposite sex connection they will have for an extended period of time.

I think it's safe to say that we agree that there is an unfairness to the woman at this point, but we disagree on whether this unfairness should be combatted through allowing her to serve with the infantry and condemn guys for blaming her or rather we should shield her and the guys from perhaps inevitable harassment as it would be tedious/difficult to combat or eradicate. Or at least that's how I'm interpreting our stances at the moment and both are definitely fair and understandable from my point of view.

Perhaps we would better agree if we weren't still caught in a society that sexualizes woman while simultaneously enforcing a construct that they are the lesser gender. Thankfully, this is slowly changes as we move towards equality, but we have a long way to go. Or perhaps we would never fully agree!

Thank you for the great debate today. Although I may disagree with certain points, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to (well, reading) your perspective and I appreciate the respect you showed for my perspective as well! It was great reading your insight.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview

I think it's safe to say that we agree that there is an unfairness to the woman at this point, but we disagree on whether this unfairness should be combatted through allowing her to serve with the infantry and condemn guys for blaming her or rather we should shield her and the guys from perhaps inevitable harassment as it would be tedious/difficult to combat or eradicate. Or at least that's how I'm interpreting our stances at the moment and both are definitely fair and understandable from my point of view.

Perhaps we would better agree if we weren't still caught in a society that sexualizes woman while simultaneously enforcing a construct that they are the lesser gender. Thankfully, this is slowly changes as we move towards equality, but we have a long way to go. Or perhaps we would never fully agree!

Thank you for the great debate today. Although I may disagree with certain points, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to (well, reading) your perspective and I appreciate the respect you showed for my perspective as well! It was great reading your insight.

Well thanks! Good chattin with you. You held your own and thats good! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread closed per op request

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!