AZRG <3

Question - CDJ

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey VJers!

Just out of curiosity.

What are the approval ratings at the Ciudad Juarez consulate for K-1's?

What are/could be causes for a denial?

Is Mexico considered a "high-fraud" country?

Our interview date is getting closer and my nerves are killing me!! :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I do not know the approval ratings, but can tell you the only denials I have seen posted about here on VJ in the last few years have been those that need a waiver due to illegal presence or admitted to drug use at their medical.

CDJ is not really a 'high fraud' consulate. It is difficult to obtain a tourist visa in MX, but they grant K-1 and CR-1 visas fairly easily. All you need is an actual relationship, no drug use, no illegal presence in the US, and all the required documents.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I do not know the approval ratings, but can tell you the only denials I have seen posted about here on VJ in the last few years have been those that need a waiver due to illegal presence or admitted to drug use at their medical.

CDJ is not really a 'high fraud' consulate. It is difficult to obtain a tourist visa in MX, but they grant K-1 and CR-1 visas fairly easily. All you need is an actual relationship, no drug use, no illegal presence in the US, and all the required documents.

I've read a couple of great stories about their interviews here on VJ, they seem like they all passed with flying colors, hopefully ours does as well.

I barely read somewhere that if you had never entered the U.S. and have never obtained any type of visa, your interview should be fairly quick. Luckily, my fiance has never entered the U.S. illegally, never overstayed (he has never had any visa), never done drugs, no tattoos or piercings, no criminal record, and our relationship is 100% true.

I should start drinking some chamomile tea and relaaax.

Oh, one last thing..what letter to they mean by "invitation letter"? Is it the one that the consulate sent my fiance in Mexico?

The one that starts with "Your fiance(e) visa case is now ready for processing. Please go to ...etc etc"

Thank you for your time.

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Timeline

I've read a couple of great stories about their interviews here on VJ, they seem like they all passed with flying colors, hopefully ours does as well.

I barely read somewhere that if you had never entered the U.S. and have never obtained any type of visa, your interview should be fairly quick. Luckily, my fiance has never entered the U.S. illegally, never overstayed (he has never had any visa), never done drugs, no tattoos or piercings, no criminal record, and our relationship is 100% true.

I should start drinking some chamomile tea and relaaax.

Oh, one last thing..what letter to they mean by "invitation letter"? Is it the one that the consulate sent my fiance in Mexico?

The one that starts with "Your fiance(e) visa case is now ready for processing. Please go to ...etc etc"

Thank you for your time.

Yes, relax. I know, easier said than done :P

That is how it was for my husband(then fiance). Never been out of Mexico(though he had some denied tourist visas from trying to visit me), no drugs, no crimes, no tattoos, no piercings.

Yes, that is the 'invitation letter'. It got dubbed that because there used to be no appointments and the letter was an open invite to come to Juarez for an interview. Now it lists all the sites where you can find the forms and schedule your appointments. It is still needed when going for the ASC, medical and interview.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes, relax. I know, easier said than done :P

You got me on that one! Easier said than done. :lol:

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions. :D

Buenas noches.

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Timeline

You got me on that one! Easier said than done. :lol:

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions. :D

Buenas noches.

De nada :)

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey there.....I'm curious as to why you both mentioned "not having piercings" as a positive thing in terms of getting approved for k1.

I'm starting to worry now as my fiancé has his ear pierced: they are actually stretched earlobes/gauges.

I actually wrote a post about this exact thing wondering if he should take them off for the passport style pics.

Do we run the risk of NOT getting approved simply because he has these piercings??

Timeline

Hey there.....I'm curious as to why you both mentioned "not having piercings" as a positive thing in terms of getting approved for k1.

I'm starting to worry now as my fiancé has his ear pierced: they are actually stretched earlobes/gauges.

I actually wrote a post about this exact thing wondering if he should take them off for the passport style pics.

Do we run the risk of NOT getting approved simply because he has these piercings??

No. They will not deny just because he has piercings. They can be the cause of additional scrutiny at the medical is all. They look for signs of drug use and gang activity. To them that would be piercings, scars and tattoos. My husband has some scars. They do not really look like stab or bullet wound scars, except for perhaps the one on his arm where a big bolt went into it.. A medical doctor would know this, BUT the doctor still asked him if he had ever been shot or stabbed and seemed fixated on his scars. My husband said they had a short chat about what the scars were from, and the fact that my husband's mother is also a doctor and worked where he used to. He STILL sent him for a drug test. It was negative of course and everything was fine. They may not even ask anything about his piercings through. I do not think you need to worry about them. :)

Timeline

Thanks for clearing that up.....I was all "Ohh man!"

The good thing is he's in no way affiliated with drugs or gangs.

Don't worry! Shouldn't be a problem. Just like Jay-Kay said about the medical, it's a pain but you shouldn't worry, nowhere do they say "Automatically denied visa because of piercings or tattoos".

Good luck to you!

:thumbs:

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Timeline

Im kinda anxious. My finace EWI when he was 14. But left 172 daya after his 18th bday. 8 days before he turned 18.5 and it actually started counting against him.

I even printed the difference in days from his 18th bday (March 27th) to when he left to Mexico (Sept 17) I saved up his bus ticket, and all the reciepts of money I have beem sending him. But Im paranoid he will get a grouchy officer. :( and look past all that because he was awakw away from reaching his limit. Idk.

CAOAm5.png

12/06/08= Fiance EWI (age:14)

12/15/08-> Love at first sight; even tho I was askd to hook him up w/ my bff. :)

12/27/08-> Early inoccent New Years Kiss :P (start dating)

7/21/09-> Find out we're expecting; move in together!

3/15/10->Gemma Jasmene is born!

9/1/10-> Get our first Apartment!

3/15/11-> Find out we're expecting, AGAIN! (Amazing gift for my daughters bday; a little sister)

6/1/11-> Move back home due to tornado disaster :(

8/2011-> Decide to start the K1 process

11/08/11-> Naila Geraldine is born.

9/15/12-> Fiance left before turning 18.5 [172 days]

10/05/12-> Mailed I-129F (waiting game, begins) :/

10/11/12-> NOA1 [via text message]

Timeline

Pray, pray, pray.

We're at Juarez right now, tomorrow is my fiancés interview.

I'm scared as well :( , hopefully everything will be fine and turn out for good.

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Pray, pray, pray.

We're at Juarez right now, tomorrow is my fiancés interview.

I'm scared as well :( , hopefully everything will be fine and turn out for good.

Positive vibes your way! How exciting!!

Good luck & please let us know how the interview went :)

Timeline

Positive vibes your way! How exciting!!

Good luck & please let us know how the interview went :)

Exciting and nerve wrecking!

Thank you for your good vibes! Will let everyone know how it went.

:D

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

I'm so glad to hear that the K-1 visa goes well for most in CJ as my Fiancé will have his interview soon. I was hoping you'd be able to help me answer some questions that i've been getting mixed answers about if it's not too much trouble.

I was wondering if when you guys went through the process and filled out the DS -260 if you put spouse as the relationship to the petitioner? One person said they put Spouse and there were no issues, others said you can't put Spouse because you're not married. But fiancé isn't an option I'm not sure what to put. Any advice?

Also did your fiancé's have to go to an ASC appt for finger printing and photos in their city in Mexico before the interview?

And do you know if you can go to another local doctor to get vaccinations or if they have to be given by the US embassy doctor? My Fiancé has had some vaccinations on the list, but not all of them, and I've heard that vaccinations, if given to many at once, can make you sick. So we were hoping he could get some done at a local doctor before he sees the medical doctor in Juarez.

I ask these questions because I cannot seem to get in touch with someone who can give me clear information, and my Fiance's packet of instructions has still not arrived so we're kind of in the dark. They embassy told us to send in the DS 260 and interview payment, and make the interview appointment while we're waiting for the packet to arrive. Is that normal? They said in most cases the packet's never arrive. Therefore we're researching to figure out what they steps would be incase the packet doesn't arrive.

I apologize for the large number of questions, but I truly appreciate your time.

Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.