Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Born and raised in Pictou County, Nova Scotia :thumbs:

Now living in Alabama :P

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband is from West Pubnico Nova Scotia...southwest part of the province. Lovely area too, about three and a half hours from the airport in Halifax. About 30-35 minutes from Yarmouth. When the Cat is running, you can get to Portland (or is it Bar Harbour) Maine in about three hours. Someday we hope to move there permanently. :luv:

I think if I could live anywhere it'd be Maine. My soul just draws me there. We currently get daily listings for real estate in the Bangor area.....but if I had to choose somewhere in Canada it'd def be Peggy's Cove. I have an attraction to quaint fishing towns.

My hub was born in Halifax but as the son of a sailor ( Cndn Navy) they traveled about....or is it aboot ;) from shore to shore. He also lived in Ottawa( 3 different times), Victoria BC, Angus ON(CFB Borden), CFS Barrington NS, CFB St Hubert QC and now currently rotting at CFB Petawawa ON (it's not hell but you can see it from there). He's also done tours in Afghanastan,The Golan Heights and Haiti as well as a tasking in Alert Nunavut.

Do you want a summer full of visitors and buses and cars crawling all over your village, swelling the population of 45 to 100s, even thousands a day? Welcome to Peggy's Cove!

(Don't get me wrong, Peggy's Cove and the surrounding communities are beautiful and you can't beat the scenery, but I would get awfully tired awfully quick of all the people crawling around in such a small place! Trust me, I worked in tourist information centres for four years and would feel bad for the residents every time I'd tell people about the lighthouse there.)

Maine is gorgeous to be sure and I've checked into teaching opportunities up there as well. We were thinking of maybe just outside the Pubnicos, like Tusket maybe. Peggy's Cove is nice...but I don't think I could handle the tourists. We deal with that here where we are now, in the Northeast Georgia Mountains. Oy Vey!

Tusket and the Pubnicos are great (as I know you already know :) ) My grandmother lived down in that area for a number of years and I would love the drive down to see her.

Jerry and I want to eventually buy property in Nova Scotia once we get our debt cleared up (2 years from now, yayay!) so I've been running through possible communities in my mind to keep an eye on properties. I have my wish list but I have to be realistic financially! :lol:

Oh how exciting! I'm not sure when Joel and I can actually start looking. His mom and stepdad live in West Pubnico, he has an aunt and uncle that live in East Pubnico. As soon as we know when we'll be able to move they'll be more than glad to help us look. When we're there we look for places and dream....sigh. Yeah, we have to be realistic financially as well. As soon as I can I want to look into the qualifications I'll need to work in the schools up there (the English speaking one that is...my French stinks!).

Who knows...we might be neighbours someday up there! :)

That would be very cool. We can drink tea and commiserate over dealing with Canadian immigration! :lol:

I don't know when we'll actually be able to buy property up there, but it's awfully fun to dream in the meantime. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I was born in Burbank, Calif.

Hubby born/raised in Ottawa

Been living in London, ON since July

Going back to Long Beach, CA

hopefully in less than 2 weeks!

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Oh, the East Coast ... *whistful sigh*

My Dad's family is from Marystown, NF, and I've spent enough time on the rock to know my heart is there :P

Born in Southern Ontario (Meaford, anyone?), recently moved to Kamloops, BC. Used to camp every year near McArthur Mills (near Bancroft, read someone was from there). Moving to eastern Washington (south of Spokane, in a wheat field somewhere...). Nice to meet ya's!

-Eli-

K-1

March 24-06------I129F sent to NSC

March 27-06------NOA1

...5 Months of waiting b/c of IMBRA ridiculousness...

September 5-06--APPROVED!! 162 days!

September 09-06-Received NOA2

January 03-07----Medical and Interview in Vancouver - APPROVED!! 285 days from filing!

January 04-07----POE at Vancouver Int'l Airport

January 12-07----Wedding Day!

AOS & EAD

February 20-07---AOS, EAD sent to Chicago

February 27-07---NOA1

March 15-07------Biometrics Appointment

May 09-07------AOS Interview - Approved pending new sponsor.

June 11-07-------Approved & Green Card Issued

Removal of Conditions

May 11-09--------I-751 Sent via FedEx Overnight

May 15-09--------Receipt date on I-797

June 16-09-------Change of Address Confirmed

...one giant address change/biometrics fuxxup later...

July 28-09--------Biometrics taken (walk-in)

July 29-09--------Touched :)

August 13-09---APPROVAL EMAIL!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was born in Steinbach, MB, then lived in Paraguay, South America for a few years, then back to Winnipeg, MB and lived there until I moved to NC.

Alie

Removal of Conditions - TSC:

08/08/07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

08/11/07 - I-751 received at TSC (Signature Confirmation)

09/10/07 - Check for I-751 Cashed

......I-751 Transfered to CSC.......

09/12/07 - NOA1 Received in Mail (NOA dated 08/13/07)

09/20/07 - Received Biometrics Letter in mail

10/12/07 - Biometrics Appointment 8am

11/16/07 - Received Approval notice e-mail

11/23/07 - Received 10yr Permanent Resident Card in mail

born at st.joe's in t. spent first 6yrs in port credit, then moved to brampton. well, it was bramalea when i moved there, turned into brampton.

boy i miss the cycling in milton, caledon, orangeville, kitchener, markham, stouffville.....

k

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, the East Coast ... *whistful sigh*

My Dad's family is from Marystown, NF, and I've spent enough time on the rock to know my heart is there :P

Born in Southern Ontario (Meaford, anyone?), recently moved to Kamloops, BC. Used to camp every year near McArthur Mills (near Bancroft, read someone was from there). Moving to eastern Washington (south of Spokane, in a wheat field somewhere...). Nice to meet ya's!

-Eli-

Yup I know exactly what you mean when you say you know where your heart is when you talk of the ROCK..................SSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :crying: Glad to hear somebody got some Newfie blood here.......... :P .......{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

same here, that is born in Toronto and raised in Brampton

did you hear that the new theater..I think it's called the Rose something theater is completed and they're having live shows there now? Friends of mine just went to see Chantel Kreviak (sp?)

born at st.joe's in t. spent first 6yrs in port credit, then moved to brampton. well, it was bramalea when i moved there, turned into brampton.

boy i miss the cycling in milton, caledon, orangeville, kitchener, markham, stouffville.....

k

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I was born in Steinbach, MB, then lived in Paraguay, South America for a few years, then back to Winnipeg, MB and lived there until I moved to NC.

Alie

holy cow..... I was born in Steinbach too :o I lived there from 1974 til 1989.... actually I lived in Kleefled from 1981 til 1989....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Born and raised in Montreal, Quebec

Moving to Chicago suburbs asap!

Actually havent found any other french pal over the boards...Feel free to pm me if you speak french from quebec id like to share experience :yes:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Which province or territory are you or your SO from?

I'm (Karen) born and raised in Ontario. Currently in Brantford, Ontario.

I was born in Guatemala city, Central America, came to Canada as a child and was raised in Québec, Montreal.

I am going to live in Alabama with my husband as soon as we get the visa. We are planning to leave around the first week of January if God's will.

Elinor And David.

Elinor_911@hotmail.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.