dvd

IR1/CR1 Interview Embassy

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am a US Citizen and I filed I-130 (IR1/CR1) for my spouse. I got NOA1 with a MSC number. Hence I am assuming the processing is at NBC. My spouse resides in Hyderabad, India.

Does anybody know where my spouse’s immigrant visa interview is conducted? I know it is not Hyderabad and not Chennai anymore. So, I am guessing it will be either Delhi or Mumbai. I wasn’t really sure and filled in as Delhi when I submitted the I-130. Is there a specific embassy preference that NVC selects for candidates from Hyderabad for the interview?

Just for the heck of it I applied K3 as well and got the NOA1. I have the same question as above for K3 interview as well.

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Timeline

You will be assigned to Mumbai Embassy since you are from South India and Chennai no longer processing the Immigrant Visas. Unfortunately, there is a heck of delay from Mumbai U.S Embassy with the amount of volume now they have to handle. Good luck!!!!

Timeline

You will be assigned to Mumbai Embassy since you are from South India and Chennai no longer processing the Immigrant Visas. Unfortunately, there is a heck of delay from Mumbai U.S Embassy with the amount of volume now they have to handle. Good luck!!!!

Thanks Johna1..

A follow-up question is, Do you know where the Medicals will have to be done? In Mumbai or Hyderabad? If it's Mumbai then I am guessing two trips are required to cover the medical and then the actual interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Johna1..

A follow-up question is, Do you know where the Medicals will have to be done? In Mumbai or Hyderabad? If it's Mumbai then I am guessing two trips are required to cover the medical and then the actual interview.

You can get it done in Hyd if it is the nearest city for you.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Do you know how long is the wait? Month or two?

Thanks

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Timeline

You are looking at about 2.5 to 3 months of wait time for the Interview Date. However, I seen quite few folks getting an Interview date in a month or so as well. But mostly, you are looking about 2.5 to 3 months. Good Luck !!!!

Timeline

You are looking at about 2.5 to 3 months of wait time for the Interview Date. However, I seen quite few folks getting an Interview date in a month or so as well. But mostly, you are looking about 2.5 to 3 months. Good Luck !!!!

Ok just went to the mumbai website and it's conflicting or is not up to date...

Seems like Andhra Pradesh is not part of Mumbai Jurisdiction...can't find a similar link on the Delhi website..can anyone throw some light on this?

Here is the FAQ from Mumbai embassy.

How do I know which consulate will process the visa?

The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai is responsible for immigrant visa cases for those applicants residing in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Daman and Diu (Union Territory), Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Dadra and Nagar Haveli (Union Territory), Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram (Union Territory), Nagaland, Orissa, Sikkim, Tripura, and West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, and the Union Territories of Lakshadweep Islands and Pondicherry.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just for the heck of it I applied K3 as well and got the NOA1. I have the same question as above for K3 interview as well.

As other posters have indicated, a CR-1 interview will likely take place at the Consulate in Mumbai. If the K3 survives the NVC (unlikely) and the marriage took place in India, then the K3 interview would be in Mumbai.

Unfortunately, there is a heck of delay from Mumbai U.S Embassy

The US Embassy in India is located in New Delhi, not Mumbai. The US Diplomatic Mission in Mumbai is a US Consulate.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I am near to hyderabad....Who are filing immigrant visas from Andhra pradesh should go to Mumbai for interview.

First three letters of NVC CASE NUMBER indicates your place of your consulate for interview....

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Timeline

As other posters have indicated, a CR-1 interview will likely take place at the Consulate in Mumbai. If the K3 survives the NVC (unlikely) and the marriage took place in India, then the K3 interview would be in Mumbai.

The US Embassy in India is located in New Delhi, not Mumbai. The US Diplomatic Mission in Mumbai is a US Consulate.

Ok maybe the terms are confusing (Embassy vs Consulate)..Bottomline, seems like Mumbai is the one for people from Hyderabad. I will have to wait and see what the NVC number starts off with.

Timeline

Yes,you are right. Converted those julian dates to calendar and the latest IR1 found on March interview slot was NVC case received on Jan 9. Any idea why the big holdup?

Timeline

Hey RR136, If you carefully observe the Interview Category from the Mumbai Consulate for the past few months you can come to a decent conclusion. If you are under CR-1 Category, they are only taking in about 25% visa interview for these kinds in a given month. Huge portion of the pie goes to the IR-5 (Parents) visa Category. Unfortunately, those people who have migrated before us is taking pretty much sponsoring all their parents. As a result, the CR-1 visa (Spouse) category is being crushed. Go look up the stats yourself and you can see what I am talking about.

In addition, you could project your interview month. As of March, they are only up to 509 for the IR-1,CR-1 Category. Today we are at BMB558, and do the month. If they only takes in approximately 25-30% in a given month. Where would you be based on your number?

Yes,you are right. Converted those julian dates to calendar and the latest IR1 found on March interview slot was NVC case received on Jan 9. Any idea why the big holdup?

Edited by johna1

Timeline

Hey RR136, If you carefully observe the Interview Category from the Mumbai Consulate for the past few months you can come to a decent conclusion. If you are under CR-1 Category, they are only taking in about 25% visa interview for these kinds in a given month. Huge portion of the pie goes to the IR-5 (Parents) visa Category. Unfortunately, those people who have migrated before us is taking pretty much sponsoring all their parents. As a result, the CR-1 visa (Spouse) category is being crushed. Go look up the stats yourself and you can see what I am talking about.

I noticed that along with F4 and H1, mind blowing actually since I assumed CR1 and k1 was to be prioritized ahead of other visa categories. Am I making the wrong assumption?

Timeline

Hai Johna1!

you are excellent!

Upto now i did not saw anyone analysing about IR1 ,CR1 interview dates of Mumbai consulate like this....wow.gif

Great job....

Thanks for posting....

Edited by sonineni

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.