dstrausser83

Need Help! K-1, Mumbai - ASAP Please!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok, this isn't for me but a good friend. His fiancee just went to the Mumbai embassy and they told her they were going to reschedule her appointment until tomorrow because she didn't have the proper documentation.

They are trying to say my friend didn't earn enough money because he was born blind and gets partial disability. I say partial because he works as well (about $12k income about $12k disability). All together his income is about $25,000 in rural Pennsylvania where that is good money to live off of. He also owns (mortgage) his own house that is worth $58k. He submitted the last appraisal and listed it on the I-864 (they wanted the I-864 not the I-134).

He is well over income wise. He submitted paystubs from both work and his disability statement, bank statements, and the home details. Why are they still saying he needs a co-sponser? That doesn't make sense. It is only for 2 people.

Any advice? They only have 24 hours to provide more financial proof.

Thanks.

David

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Ok, this isn't for me but a good friend. His fiancee just went to the Mumbai embassy and they told her they were going to reschedule her appointment until tomorrow because she didn't have the proper documentation.

They are trying to say my friend didn't earn enough money because he was born blind and gets partial disability. I say partial because he works as well (about $12k income about $12k disability). All together his income is about $25,000 in rural Pennsylvania where that is good money to live off of. He also owns (mortgage) his own house that is worth $58k. He submitted the last appraisal and listed it on the I-864 (they wanted the I-864 not the I-134).

He is well over income wise. He submitted paystubs from both work and his disability statement, bank statements, and the home details. Why are they still saying he needs a co-sponser? That doesn't make sense. It is only for 2 people.

Any advice? They only have 24 hours to provide more financial proof.

Thanks.

David

Well then he needs a co-sponsor looks like. $25k (minus state and federal taxes) is enough!? Wow, lucky him. That is below the poverty line in the Bay Area. I'm not sure anyone on this site will be able to give you the info you need. Just sayin'.....Good luck tho!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

If you live in a bigger city, it's not enough. But when you live in the country, in the middle of no-where, it is enough. His mortgage payment is like $400 a month. The cost of life in rural America (at least most places) is quite cheap and people that have only been in metropolitan areas don't fully understand that.

I owned a home that was a 5 bedroom, 2 story house with a garage and a small (very small) yard. It cost me $29,000.

Yes, $25,000 in rural PA is enough to support a family of 3 - 4 pretty decently.

Also the I-864P says the minimum needed is only $18,912 @ 125% for 2 people. He clears that benchmark easily with property owned, income, and funds in bank account. He clears it with income alone.

Not trying to argue or anything, but has anybody ever heard of something like this at the mumbai consulate? Could the lady working just be mistaken? This wasn't the immigration official that did this, this was the lady working the counter reviewing her documentation, so it could be a mistake? Thanks!

Edited by dstrausser83

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

If you live in a bigger city, it's not enough. But when you live in the country, in the middle of no-where, it is enough. His mortgage payment is like $400 a month. The cost of life in rural America (at least most places) is quite cheap and people that have only been in metropolitan areas don't fully understand that.

I owned a home that was a 5 bedroom, 2 story house with a garage and a small (very small) yard. It cost me $29,000.

Yes, $25,000 in rural PA is enough to support a family of 3 - 4 pretty decently.

Also the I-864P says the minimum needed is only $18,912 @ 125% for 2 people. He clears that benchmark easily with property owned, income, and funds in bank account. He clears it with income alone.

Not trying to argue or anything, but has anybody ever heard of something like this at the mumbai consulate? Could the lady working just be mistaken? This wasn't the immigration official that did this, this was the lady working the counter reviewing her documentation, so it could be a mistake? Thanks!

ok, sounds like you have a case then if the requirements are there....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

The case may be that since he gets income from the government he may need a co-sponsor. Tough situation, I have thought about this myself if were to have disability how the income would affect the sponsorship financial credibility.

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.