Regan L

WHATS THIS THING FOR???

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, so my baby received her CRBA and her US passport. With the CRBA there is a reminder page that says she must get a Emigration Clearance Certificate(ECC). My wife in child are in Southern Mindanao and i am waiting to bring them to America, this ECC is the only thing holding me back as my wife just got her her CR1 Visa, but i need to get them both here b4 it expires in a few months.

1. Can someone please tell me what this ECC is?

2. How do i go about getting the EEC?

3. Most Importantly, how long does it take to get this ECC?

4. Does she have to go to manila to get the ECC, or will they mail it to her?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I skimmed over your question and I am about to attach a link in this email! Please look over it, you will have to request an Exit Clearance Certificate for her.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/topic/11404-exit-clearance-certificates/

Hope this helps!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236343-exit-clearance-vs-philippine-passport-for-our-10-mo-daughter/page__view__findpost__p__3621754

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

“PP”- if a Philippine passport is also presented, or

“IC” – if an Identification Certificate is presented.

(MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. AFFJr. – 04 – 025 dated 14 December 2004).

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236343-exit-clearance-vs-philippine-passport-for-our-10-mo-daughter/page__view__findpost__p__3621754

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

“PP”- if a Philippine passport is also presented, or

“IC” – if an Identification Certificate is presented.

(MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. AFFJr. – 04 – 025 dated 14 December 2004).

please explain does this mean i do not need it?

Timeline

It means if you do not get a Filipino passport for your child, you will have to pay 710 pesos when you depart the Philipines.

well i think i can manage to pay that, but does my baby need a ECC? My wife already has her Cfo stamp which allows her to leave the philippines

well i think i can manage to pay that, but does my baby need a ECC? My wife already has her Cfo stamp which allows her to leave the philippines

The cfo stamp is for her. If you get a Filipino passport for your baby, you have to get one for the baby as well. If you don't, you just pay the fee on the way out. Also, be aware, depending how old the baby is, they may try and charge an overstay charge as well.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Philippines_Specific_Immigration/Emigration_Requirements

Timeline

The cfo stamp is for her. If you get a Filipino passport for your baby, you have to get one for the baby as well. If you don't, you just pay the fee on the way out. Also, be aware, depending how old the baby is, they may try and charge an overstay charge as well.

Im a us citisen, i got married in the philippines and stayed in the philippines for a couple of months and got my wife pregnant after we got married, then i came back to America to start the visa process, 8 months after i left she had our daughter, my daughter is 5 months old. She was born there in the philippines and has been approved for her U.S. passport and CRBA. She has already recieved them and now i am going to pick them up and bring them to America Since my wife already has her cr1 visa now. My wife has a filipino passport with a CR1 visa and a CFO stamp, and my daughter has a us passport with a CRBA. So what will we need to do?

Im a us citisen, i got married in the philippines and stayed in the philippines for a couple of months and got my wife pregnant after we got married, then i came back to America to start the visa process, 8 months after i left she had our daughter, my daughter is 5 months old. She was born there in the philippines and has been approved for her U.S. passport and CRBA. She has already recieved them and now i am going to pick them up and bring them to America Since my wife already has her cr1 visa now. My wife has a filipino passport with a CR1 visa and a CFO stamp, and my daughter has a us passport with a CRBA. So what will we need to do?

Until someone else comes along that has actually done this, if you don't want to get your daughter a Filipino passport, you need to contact the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines. Here is a directory of their various offices. You may be able to take care of everything as you clear customs, or you may have to do this ahead of time.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=128&Itemid=72

Timeline

Until someone else comes along that has actually done this, if you don't want to get your daughter a Filipino passport, you need to contact the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines. Here is a directory of their various offices. You may be able to take care of everything as you clear customs, or you may have to do this ahead of time.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=128&Itemid=72

what im just wondering is that when my wife got our baby's CRBA it came with a paper that said:

After issuance of your first US passport or your child's consular report of birth abroad, and at least 2 weeks before departure from the Philippines, please visit or contact the alien registration division of the philippine bureau of immigration. to obtain an emigration clearance certificate, also known as exit permit. this is a requirement by the Philippine government.

im just wondering will they mail this if can get in contact with them?

what im just wondering is that when my wife got our baby's CRBA it came with a paper that said:

After issuance of your first US passport or your child's consular report of birth abroad, and at least 2 weeks before departure from the Philippines, please visit or contact the alien registration division of the philippine bureau of immigration. to obtain an emigration clearance certificate, also known as exit permit. this is a requirement by the Philippine government.

You, or your fiancee will probably have to contact them in person. If you look at the link, they have offices all over the place.

SOUTHERN MINDANAO

Bureau of Immigration Davao District Office

JP Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City

Florentino Go Diputado - Acting Alien Control Officer

Tel. # (082) 300-1446 | 228-6488

BI Davao International Airport (BI DIA)

Davao City

Atty. Nimfa T. Edroso - Head Supervisor,BI DIA

Tel. # (082) 232-8076

Bureau of Immigration Glan Sarangani Field Office

Ruiz Street, Poblacion, Glan Sarangani Province

Pedrito C. Lopez, Jr. - Acting Alien Control Officer

Tel. # (083) 225-9029 | 225-9035

Bureau of Immigration General Santos Field Office

2nd Flr. Arcade II East Asia , Royal Hotel

National Highway, General Santos City

Eddie P. Delima - Acting Alien Control Officer

Tel. # (083) 552-3442

Bureau of Immigration Jolo Field Office

7400 Jolo, Sulu

Abdusalim J. Salihuddin - Acting Alien Control Officer

Tel. # (085) 341-8911 Connect to Local (2821) | (068) 288-2821

Bureau of Immigration Cotabato Field Office

Door 9, AI-Noor Complex Sinsuat Avenue, Cotabato City

Salidya K. Dalid - Acting Alien Control Officer

Tel. # (064) 421-4058 | 421-2066 Fax: 421-7732

Bureau of Immigration Zamboanga Field Office

2nd Floor Radja Bldg.Gov. Camins Ave.

Zamboanga City 7000

Sitti Rubaina Damih Lutian -Acting Alien Control Officer

Tel. # (062) 991-2234

Edited by The Patriot

since my child was born in the philippines, dosent she have dual citizenship now?

She would need a Filipino passport to show her Filipino citizenship. You said she already has a US passport to show her US citizenship.

To leave the Philippines, she needs either a Filipino passport, or the E.C.C. from the Bureau of Immigration.

By the way, are you aware of having to pay a travel tax for your wife to leave the Philippines as well?

http://www.visitmyphilippines.com/index.php?title=TravelTaxPrimer(Phil.TourismAuthority)&func=all&pid=115&tbl=1

Okay let me give u my two cents worth since i been in the same boat 4 yrs .ago. The ECC is an exit clearance for your child to exit the country. If your child does not have a Philippine passport then he needs to have the ECC .

ECC is only for those who holds a foreignt passport. ( When i had CRBA for my son ,although he was born in the Phils. i had to get him an ECC or exit clearance since i did not get him a Phil. Passport. I only got him a US passport.

They will not mail it to u. Your wife have to apply for it and pay for it at the Beaureau of Immigration. It is just an exit permit for ur son who is holding US passport.

I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.