LoveLife2

Any idea of WIFI cost for apt/House room in Zamboanga?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I'm so happy I now have my Girlfriend out of a boarding house and into a private apartment in a house located in Zamboanga City. The move allows her saftey for her and her kids, privacy, and a much needed feeling of a home she can call her own. So many benefits of her having both her kids with her, a 6 and 8 year old boys,I can't even express how happy I am that she now has this :D It's a long story with her ex-boyfriend 'Playboy' and his family trying to take care of her kids and keep them for their own that this is a major step in giving her back her rightful being as a Mother. She and her kids are very happy to all be together again. FINALLY!

I'm helping with the extra costs of living and water/electric among other daily life needs but we really like to use WIFI for our talks with Android cell phones using VIBER and TANGO. Can anyone tell us what would be an average cost of installing and using a DSL through Globe in the Zamboanga City for her new place?

God bless, Thank you all for any advice you can give us.

Brad and Dale :)

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/01/2012 - Met in person
04/02/2012 - Became engaged
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview
00/00/2013 - Visa in hand
00/00/2013 - CFO Completed
00/00/2013 - Arrived in Minnesota
00/00/2013 - Married in Minnesota

Hello all,

I'm so happy I now have my Girlfriend out of a boarding house and into a private apartment in a house located in Zamboanga City. The move allows her saftey for her and her kids, privacy, and a much needed feeling of a home she can call her own. So many benefits of her having both her kids with her, a 6 and 8 year old boys,I can't even express how happy I am that she now has this :D It's a long story with her ex-boyfriend 'Playboy' and his family trying to take care of her kids and keep them for their own that this is a major step in giving her back her rightful being as a Mother. She and her kids are very happy to all be together again. FINALLY!

I'm helping with the extra costs of living and water/electric among other daily life needs but we really like to use WIFI for our talks with Android cell phones using VIBER and TANGO. Can anyone tell us what would be an average cost of installing and using a DSL through Globe in the Zamboanga City for her new place?

i think monthly will cost around 1000pesos.however the connection fee, i think its one time charge that i dont know...

check GLOBE BROADBAND, PLDTMYDSL snd SMARTBRO... goodluck.. good choice on giving your girl security... she will love you forever

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

There are times that Zamboanga is a dangerous place. Very good on moving your GF to a private apartment. Globe DSL sucks here in Manila. I'm not sure in Zamboanga though. But usually DSL is PHP 1,000 to 1,300 a month and installation fee varies on which type of plan they will be using.

Let's say they have PC at home and other electronic appliances, I would say electricity bill + water would be PHP 4,000 to 5,000 a month excluding food and other daily necessities. You girl is such a lucky girl to have you!

Edited by haggarda.versoza

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Timeline

Hello all,

Thank you so much for the advice,It means the world to me to see that other care for us and will help us. I think I will look into the Globe DSL if it's avaialable for her apartment. and the cost is very affordable for our need to talk and see each other with our CP applications like TANGO.

Thanks.

Brad and Dale

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Hello all,

I live in Zambanga Del Sur for almost two years in an apartment with 1 bedroom it was a large bedroom that I was able to share with my two little brothers and 1 sis.It cost me 1,500 for the rent,plus 995 for Internet 300 for water and 400 for electric , but when we bought a refrigerator the electric cost went sky high 750 a month.sometime if the tv is on through midnight the bill is little less than 1000 pesos with two electric fan.the gas oven cost almost 600 pesos for 3 months,I only cook twice a day.food for 4 of us about 4,00 to 4,500 pesos a month. I took my siblings to eat out once a month and watch movie which cost a 1,000 a month for 4 of us.

Hello all,

We lived pretty comfortable with $250.00 in the province till we moved back to Manila . Good luck

Timeline

Thank you for your reply,

My girls BoardingHouse was 2000 php but we found an apartment for 4200 plus water and electric. Your price seems so much lower, I wonder where you lived for such a low price of that. Was it a good place and safe?

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Thank you for your reply,

My girls BoardingHouse was 2000 php but we found an apartment for 4200 plus water and electric. Your price seems so much lower, I wonder where you lived for such a low price of that. Was it a good place and safe?

4200 for Zamboanga price? How many bedrooms ? Sounds like the price of a house not an apartment. It was in Pagadian City Zamboanga Del Sur. Price of a one bedroom apartment with kitchen and bathroom.Yes it was good close to the hospital and shopping centre,and yes it was safe place. That was four years ago tho.

Timeline

Yes it is a one bedroom with a large living room. It does has a ktichen and a CR. I've seen pictures and it is so much better than the boarding house Id'e seen with which had teens and young boys staying that played jokes on her. Not funney jokes, They locked her in her section of her room with a padlock! Not funney for a Woman and her kids. Not to mention the same young guys had drilled HOLES in the walls so they could look at her while she undressed and put her kid to sleep.

My one wish is that I could walk up and meet these young men, and show them what a real man is.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Rent, bills, food and other necessities run about 12000-15000 a month.

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Yes it is a one bedroom with a large living room. It does has a ktichen and a CR. I've seen pictures and it is so much better than the boarding house Id'e seen with which had teens and young boys staying that played jokes on her. Not funney jokes, They locked her in her section of her room with a padlock! Not funney for a Woman and her kids. Not to mention the same young guys had drilled HOLES in the walls so they could look at her while she undressed and put her kid to sleep.

My one wish is that I could walk up and meet these young men, and show them what a real man is.

oh okay... are you really sure about this. I mean, i have nothing against my kababayans.. but this story seems unrealistic. i have met a lot of filipina that would exaggerate stories to get the $$$$ coming.

For your sake.... do investigate properly.. Anyone can just take pictures and send them, doesnt mean they will be staying.. SOrry to say this... how much do you really know your gf...

dont get mad.. just a piece of advice.

Timeline

Hello all,

As what I know wifi cost Php1,000 more or less. That is the amount I paid for my wi fi connection.

For 1 bedroom that seems too high of a price really.I paid 4,000 apartment 2 bedrooms ,kitchen,br,with huge living room when I moved back to Manila.Manila is a lot expensive than zambo.

Timeline

oh okay... are you really sure about this. I mean, i have nothing against my kababayans.. but this story seems unrealistic. i have met a lot of filipina that would exaggerate stories to get the $$$$ coming.

For your sake.... do investigate properly.. Anyone can just take pictures and send them, doesnt mean they will be staying.. SOrry to say this... how much do you really know your gf...

dont get mad.. just a piece of advice.

WOW, Don't get mad but I'll call you a fool and your Girlfriend a thief?

All I can say. If you think I'm the one being conned for paying the extra $50 a month when it was my suggestion? You have very little faith in man kind. PS. If this is such a crappy deal then why don't YOU find an apartment that is close to her work and also close enough to her boy's school so she can feed them lunch every day as she likes to.

PS. We are all flying to Cebu on April 1st and staying at the Radisson for 2 weeks.

As what I know wifi cost Php1,000 more or less. That is the amount I paid for my wi fi connection.

Thank you so much for answering my question.

God bless.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Timeline

WOW, Don't get mad but I'll call you a fool and your Girlfriend a thief?

All I can say. If you think I'm the one being conned for paying the extra $50 a month when it was my suggestion? You have very little faith in man kind. PS. If this is such a crappy deal then why don't YOU find an apartment that is close to her work and also close enough to her boy's school so she can feed them lunch every day as she likes to.

PS. We are all flying to Cebu on April 1st and staying at the Radisson for 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for answering my question.

God bless.

Thank you to the persons for assesing whether my girlfriend should live with her two boys in a $4,200 php a month house. It seems quite rude to say this is too much and I only ask are YOU living in a house at this price and how comfortable do you find it. Are you living in luxery? or are you simply ok and comfortable. I'm so proud of my girl for getting into a safer and more private house and I'm only helping her with the additional cost as she still pays what she did at the boarding house and I cover the rest to assure her and the kids safety and comfort. I only asked how much a WIFI would be? Not wether you think my relationship is real. If your unhappy with your life or relationship don't expect others are too.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.