Zenith83

About to get married and in need of help! :)

27 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everybody, it's time for some updates... :)

8 days after sending the I-130 and the I-485, I have received the form I-797C saying my I-130 had been accepted....

I was very happy but unfortunately 3 days after I received another note with my I-485 documents back, this because when I sent the 2 forms I shipped 2 different packages (one for each form) at the same time and apparently that was a mistake...

I re shipped the I-485 signaling that was meant to go along with my I-130 form.

NOW>> it's been 8 days and I haven't received responses.

I just checked in at the USCIS website with my receipt number and it says my I-130 has been accepted and it's currently under the initial review (good thing).

My question is, should I expect another I-797C saying that ALSO my I-485 form has been accepted or when you check on their website the I-130 it actually includes everything you applied for...???

Thanks so much for your time guys and please fell free to say whatever, it's all good..!!! :D

Marco.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes, you will get another I-797 aka NOA1. I hope you included a copy of your first NOA that you got from your I-130 packet when you sent in the 485 package.

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Timeline

Yey...! Just got the I-797 for my I-485, I-131 and I-765.....!!! :) :) :)

Me and my wife are quite happy...

I guess now we'll be waiting for the biometrics and hopefully not too much time will pass till I receive the EAD... :)

Thanks as always for the help y'all.

:thumbs:

Timeline

Biometrics scheduled for the 15th of May........ Yey! dancin5hr.gif

What's supposed to happen next, following USCIS modus operandi?

good.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

After biometrics will be a lot of waiting. You may get an RFE, if not the next you'll hear from them is your EAD or Interview notice.

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

well, what i will is that it is good to get a an experience lawyer, am sure nobody would say otherwise. i recently submitted mine an i did it on my own, i was really short of cash and also i determine and willing to do every research i can regarding the adjustment of status. am always on visa journey and reading peoples comments and experiences. well since u said u are a student, i think u can do it if u put your mind on it. the most important thing is to get every documents in place, make sure u open bank account together now and also get a rent or lease in joint name if u can, then u can do other tins like insurance, clubs membership etc all in joint name, start taking pictures and make sure u take pictures on your wedding day also and am sure u can do this without a lawyer. but its up to u if u think its too much or u have a more complex case then u might need a lawyer. and also. i have seen lawyers collecting 2k. best of luck

• 2 months later...
Timeline

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!! yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

It's with immense pleasure that I can finally say: I'm a permanent resident! dancin5hr.gif

Monday July 8 I received my green card and since I shipped all the documents on March 28, the entire process took exactly 103 days.

Me and my wife would like to thank you all for answering all our questions and also for being friendly and really helpful!

If I'm not mistaken now the next step will be in 21 months to remove the conditions, right?

Hi guys,

I just went through the guide posted before to get myself the greencard and together with my gf, we didn't think of it to be too difficult, thank God smile.gif

I have though a few questions for you, something that to us is not exactly super clear... smile.gif

1) Where can I get a legal translation of both my passport and birth certificate (I live in San Francisco)?

2) I won't be sending the copy of the I-94 since I live in the USA, should I replace it with my I-20 since I am studying?

3) The form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, has to be filled in by myself and a surgeon: where do I find a qualified doctor for this case? Also, I don't have to pay him directly, cause I will add the cost of the visit to the cost of the I-485, right???

Sorry if I am being too intense with my questions, I am sure you know how frustrating it can get though...!

Thank you all,

Marco.

Why won't you be sending your I-94? If you entered the US as an F1 you should have an I-94 card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.