mizzUsa

Interview Date Received Please Help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello VJ members, I need your help. I finally went through everything and received an interview date at Islamabad,Pakistan in second week of March. I am very nervous. Our interview is about my husband's I-130 petition case. I am currently residing in Pakistan with my husband since the past 6 months and plan on attending the interview with him. I would like some advice from those of you who went through the interview. Please answer the following questions for me:

1. What are the types of questions they will ask me or my husband?

2. Will they interview both of us together or seperate?

3. We sent all originals documents to NVC but is there anything else we should take to the interview with us?

4. We do not have a copy of the Affidavit of Support is that okay?

5. We had a relative be our joint sponsor but at the time of filing the I-864 he hadnt filed 2012 taxes but now he did...do we need a new Affidavit of Support or should we take the 2012 W2s with us and the tax return?

6.Since I am living with my husband since the past 6 months will they ask for my domicile in the U.S.? I am a U.S. born citizen so can my birth certificate and state license copy work? What can I take with me so I can be prepared ahead of time for this issue? I do not have any bank accounts, or property,bills, or rental agreements in the U.S.

Please help me out so I can be prepared. Thanks so much for your help and please pray to Allah for me that my husband gets his visa approved on the day of interview. Inshallah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

they will is ur love or arrane marriage,how u meet both.they can ask to ur husband about ur family members also,and second it depend on co will he take both same or seprate.third when u got interview letter their will b mentiond that what doc more they want at intervie time.

4th,if u have ur own affidavit of support then no need of further, 5th u have to take new one with u

6th u have to take all doc of urs which u have from usa may at the time thay can demand anyone doc,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They will be a little more interested in talking to you since you are living in Pakistan for many months now. They will want to check that you are a normal person/not suspicious.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Take copies of your joint sponsor's 2012 tax info just in case they need it.

Can you guys fill out another affidavit of support form? I have heard where consulate claim they cant find the one sent to NVC and ask the applicant if they have a copy on them.

Since you have been away from the US for six months so far, you will need to establish proof of dimicile and i dnt think your state ID and US BC will cut it. they need to see some form of letter from employer that you are on extended vacation and will resume your position at work upon return , proof of retained bank accounts etc, lease agreements etc.

you have about three weeks to sort these out so do what you can.

bes wishes.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.