zal4bia

Date format and Address Length

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wasn't paying attention and had my fiancee type in the date as mm/dd/yy for the signature because the box was to small to fill in with mm/dd/yyyy as shown by the example forms. How big of an issue is this? She already sent the form. Can I cross out the date and write in the proper format? Or do I need her to resend the form?

Another issue we have is her home address is very long. I tried shortening the best I can. For example "ABC Compound Block 99 Lot 99 Lolong Street Visa" I had her change it to "ABC BL99 Lot99 Lolong ST" is this ok? If not how can it be corrected with out having her resend a new form?

Timeline

Another thing I need help clarifying. I currently renting an apartment with a roommate. My lease will end in July and I will be looking for a new apartment for just me and my fiancee. So I'm not sure what to put for where it ask where will my fiancee be living when she gets here. Do I need to wait to finish the forms until I get a new apartment that I know I will be at when she gets here? Can I temporarily use my parents address and then correct it later after filing?

Another thing I need help clarifying. I currently renting an apartment with a roommate. My lease will end in July and I will be looking for a new apartment for just me and my fiancee. So I'm not sure what to put for where it ask where will my fiancee be living when she gets here. Do I need to wait to finish the forms until I get a new apartment that I know I will be at when she gets here? Can I temporarily use my parents address and then correct it later after filing?

I don't personally see anything wrong with using your parents address. Hopefully you have a new apartment by the time her interview comes around, and she can update her address then.

Timeline

Thank you for the answers! I'm just uncertain how long this process takes. So it's hard to say what my exact address will be. All I know is I will be in the same town.

I don't personally see anything wrong with using your parents address. Hopefully you have a new apartment by the time her interview comes around, and she can update her address then.

Thank you for the answers! I'm just uncertain how long this process takes. So it's hard to say what my exact address will be. All I know is I will be in the same town.

When you file your initial petition, you will have between 5-9 months of waiting before you hear anything about it. In that time, you can easily find a new place to live. After the petition approval, there is still an embassy portion which can take a couple of months at least. The LAST part is the interview.

Expect 8-10 months from beginning to end if everything goes well. Sometimes it's shorter, sometimes it's longer, but 8-10 months seems the average. In 8-10 months, you can find a new place to live.

You put the information on the form that is true and correct when you sign the form. If you want to use your parent's address then you can do that. The bigger issue is being able to receive notices from the USCIS as they do not forward most items they mail to you. Here is an example for you to consider: you decide to put your parent's adress on the form and for some reason at the end of May they decide to move to another state. Did you know that was going to happen? No. Will it matter? No. Just make certain if you still have not received the final NOA2 that you have access to the mail until you do. The USCIS will have the most current address when you file for AOS later in the pocess and also remember that once she becomes a LPR to inform the USCIS when she moves using the AR-11 and when you and any co-sponsors for the I-864 move using the I-865 form.

I know it is a bit late now, but I was able to use a smaller font for long addresses, so it was readable and complete. It does help that I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro :) .

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

Thanks Dave! I know my parents will remain at that address at least until they retire and that is a few years away. But I just thought about something else. On the g-325 that I have to fill out. Where it ask to list my previous addresses in the last five years. What should I put there? I mean if I put my current address which will end in July will they go off that for return mail? On the cover letter and fiance letter I went ahead and put my parent's address. And I guess on the i-129f I should put my parent's address as well?

You put the information on the form that is true and correct when you sign the form. If you want to use your parent's address then you can do that. The bigger issue is being able to receive notices from the USCIS as they do not forward most items they mail to you. Here is an example for you to consider: you decide to put your parent's adress on the form and for some reason at the end of May they decide to move to another state. Did you know that was going to happen? No. Will it matter? No. Just make certain if you still have not received the final NOA2 that you have access to the mail until you do. The USCIS will have the most current address when you file for AOS later in the pocess and also remember that once she becomes a LPR to inform the USCIS when she moves using the AR-11 and when you and any co-sponsors for the I-864 move using the I-865 form.

I know it is a bit late now, but I was able to use a smaller font for long addresses, so it was readable and complete. It does help that I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro :) .

Good luck,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.