devblt

i-130 process begining to end

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Fellow VJ'ers,

I've just begun this long and ardous journey, and I'm am very optimistic that this journey will be painfree (somewhat), based on postings that I have read.

I'm a Naturalized citizen got married in India in early August, and came back to the States at the end of August. I applied through the i130 process (CSC) in Sept and received my NOA1 on Sep 15th or so. Looking at some of the time lines, it seems as though CSC is working on August and some Sept applications, and so I hope that means I'll have my NOA2 by end of December at the latest. Am I being too optomistic???

My question is, does the process go any faster if I had also applied for a K3 visa as well? or does it not make a difference?

If it does, is it too late for me to submit a K3 application (i.e. will it make a significant difference to my timeline at the point?)

Reading other post's and time lines it seems on average once the NVC get's the approved application, the process with NVC take on average about 2 months before it get's sent to the embassy abroad. Is that 2 month average about right?

Finally for those of you how have been through the entire process or coming to the end of your process, I've heard conflicting responses as to how long the embassy process takes i.e. the time from when the embassy receives the application from NVC to the Interview date.

Is there anyone who is applying through the Mumbai office? What has your experience been with them?

Overall, assuming everything goes smoothly (assuming and smoothly being the operative words here) is an 8 month journey starting in Sept 06 and finishing in May 07 in my stars :star: or am I just dreaming? :huh:

Thanks and good luck to all my fellow journeyman and women

Deven...

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi

i think u opted for the longer procedure

u must have filed a K1(fiance ) instead of spouse becuase K1 's are processed much faster .even if u r married u could have apllied k1 n then got married again after ur spouse reaches US . The one u opted is a lenghty n painful way .

neways gud luck n i pray ur things get faster

theres not much benefit of filing a K3 but i m not quite sure about it

gud luck

Fellow VJ'ers,

I've just begun this long and ardous journey, and I'm am very optimistic that this journey will be painfree (somewhat), based on postings that I have read.

I'm a Naturalized citizen got married in India in early August, and came back to the States at the end of August. I applied through the i130 process (CSC) in Sept and received my NOA1 on Sep 15th or so. Looking at some of the time lines, it seems as though CSC is working on August and some Sept applications, and so I hope that means I'll have my NOA2 by end of December at the latest. Am I being too optomistic???

My question is, does the process go any faster if I had also applied for a K3 visa as well? or does it not make a difference?

If it does, is it too late for me to submit a K3 application (i.e. will it make a significant difference to my timeline at the point?)

Reading other post's and time lines it seems on average once the NVC get's the approved application, the process with NVC take on average about 2 months before it get's sent to the embassy abroad. Is that 2 month average about right?

Finally for those of you how have been through the entire process or coming to the end of your process, I've heard conflicting responses as to how long the embassy process takes i.e. the time from when the embassy receives the application from NVC to the Interview date.

Is there anyone who is applying through the Mumbai office? What has your experience been with them?

Overall, assuming everything goes smoothly (assuming and smoothly being the operative words here) is an 8 month journey starting in Sept 06 and finishing in May 07 in my stars :star: or am I just dreaming? :huh:

Thanks and good luck to all my fellow journeyman and women

Deven...

according to NVC, we r expecting my wife's interview in feb or march 2007. if u check r timeline i believe from beginning 2 end is now almost as fast as k-1 or k-3with the added benefit of no more paperwork needs 2 b done once my wife arrives here, other than 2 remove conditions b4 her 2 year anniversary of arrival. but what works for 1 couple may not work 4 other couples, weigh all ur options.

115826537339028.gif

CSC

2006-06-22 I-130 sent to TSC

2006-07-24 received NOA1 from CSC.

2006-09-06 I-130 petition approved!

NVC

2006-09-25 NVC case # assigned

2006-10-02 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

2006-10-03 Sent AOS fee overnight. emailed agent of choice.

2006-10-04 AOS payment delivered

2006-10-05 Received email confirmation of agent of choice

2006-10-06 NVC posts AOS fee payment

2006-10-09 IV Fee Bill generated

2006-10-12 Affidavit of Support package sent overnight USPS

2006-10-21 IV Fee Bill received

2006-10-23 IV Fee Bill mailed overnight

2006-10-23 Affidavit of Support reviewed

2006-10-24 IV fee delivered

2006-10-30 IV Fee payment posted

2006-10-31 ds-230 generated

2006-11-01 ds-230 mailed to nvc via usps express mail

2006-11-03 nvc received ds-230

2006-11-06 nvc enters ds-230 package into the system

2006-11-08 ds-230 package recieved via snail mail

2006-11-16 nvc case complete

USE Manila

2007-02-05 Packet 4 recvd

2007-03-01/02 medical. complete!

2007-03-14 interview! APPROVED!!

2007-03-20 Visa received!

2007-03-28 Arrival USA, POE Guam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For starters Mihi you cannot file a K1 if already married you must file K3 or CR1. If you lie and are caught it can mean a lifetime ban.

Deven,

Look at my profile and my timeline is indicted from start to finish. I will say that you will bring a lady and it is easier to bring over than a male from India/Pakistan since they have to endure AR/AP.

You can file the K3 if you have already gotten NOA 1 from your 130. It usually goes faster and means you can be reunited sooner but your spouse will need to AOS with an EAD here in the states to work. Depending on your patience and financially if you can wait would be a factor. I filed both petitons and they ended up at the embassy within one week of each other and the K3 was cancelled and we were not given the option to pursue it.

Weigh your options like soulm8z0928 mentioned and good luck on your journey.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

welcome to VJ Deven.....

dont make plans for loooooong journey......yours case will be end much much before may 07...... ours going to end in dec 06......best wishes

and

MaryandMian......if you do thorough research you will find that males from INDIA are not having that much waiting in AP/AR in comparison to what men from PAK face.....and the reason is also obvious...........

riz

IR5- Mother CIS (mom currently residing in UAE)

Jan 10, 2011 NOA 1 receipt

***********GOT RFE since my birth certificate was made after 29 years.********

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

NVC Case Number and IIN Received, E-mails Exchanged : 08-03-2011

DS-3032 E-mail sent by Beneficiary: 08-03-2011

DS 3032 approved 08/10/11

IV & AOS bill payed 08/12/11

NVC receivd AOS & IV package 09/12/11

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

now NVC wants to see my original marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

VISA granted...... 1/24/2012 thank you JESUS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
welcome to VJ Deven.....

dont make plans for loooooong journey......yours case will be end much much before may 07...... ours going to end in dec 06......best wishes

and

MaryandMian......if you do thorough research you will find that males from INDIA are not having that much waiting in AP/AR in comparison to what men from PAK face.....and the reason is also obvious...........

riz

It does happen but not as much for men from India.

Bismillahir-Rhamaner-Rahim (Bangladesh/Saudi Arabia, CR-1) Interviewed SEPT. 12th SUCCESS!!!! After more than SEVEN MONTHS of AR !!!!

And it is also known that men from a certain age group are required to be checked more so than younger and older men. Read the FAM 406 Age Requirement of name checks. http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nam...ey%20Check'

So it does happen to men from India but it usually is not as long. Chraurans is another one that had a lengthy AR/AP. 04/04/2005 Interview : Put on Administrative Procedure / Review

04/06/2006 CR1 Visa Issued

04/24/2006 IR1 VISA ISSUED

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.