HollyEslem

Gathering documents

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I haven't posted in a while but i wanted to say first CONGRATS to all of those who have recently approved petitions. How exciting! We are early November filers but no word yet..patience truly is a virtue! I'm going to go see my beloved in March and I'm currently gathering up stuff we will need on down the line should we get approved. I'm currently gathering tax documents and getting things organized but I have come across a few questions.

1. I was a dependant in 2010 and therefore did not file taxes on my own behalf (only worked 3 months)I have them for 2011 and 2012. Is this enough?

2. I efile with Turbotax. They give you an option to print off all your forms after you file for your records. Can i use these or do i specifically need to ask for transcripts from the IRS?

3. I have 3 children. One lives with me full time and I'm his sole provider. My other two children reside with their father as of right now (their choice)and he has custody of them by the court of law (physical and legal). Do I need to claim my one as fully dependant and the other two partially dependant? Or just claim the one that lives with me and not the other two? The court forgo'd child support so we could travel back and forth to see the kids and per agreement with their father. What is the best way to approach this?

4. What all does my co-sponsor need to send in? The Affidavit, taxes transcripts, letter from employer, bank statements? Does she need to prove US citizenship with a BC or Passport? We are working on this now and I wanted to double and triple check.

5. Last, if we are approved, i'm sure the interview won't be for some time after March. Is it okay to gather up all this stuff and take with me to save time and postage? Is there anything that is time sensitive?

Sorry for all the questions! I just want to be sure that we are gathering up everything that we need and it's done the correct way! We also need Letters of Intent for a second time and ongoing relationship proof, correct? Thank you all for invaluable help! We both appreciate it very much :)

February 4, 2010- Met!!

September 6, 2010-First Trip to Tunisia..officially a couple!

June 28, 2011-Second Trip to Tunisia..became engaged!!

March 2012-Third Trip to Tunisia

June 26, 2012-Fourth Trip to Tunisia..Started preparing our wedding plans!

November 6 2012-Filed our K-1 Petition!

November 16, 2012- NOA 1: K-1 Received and entered into the database

November 23, 2012- Petition was "touched" In initial review..YAY!!

March 16, 2013- Fifth Trip to Tunisia..and anxiously waiting for approval!

May 23, 2013-NOA 2: Petition Approved!!

June 3, 2013-Petition received by NVC!

June 6, 2013-Petition forwarded to the embassy in Tunisia!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

June 17, 2013- Consulate Received!!

June 25, 2013- Received Packet 3 from Embassy!

July 4, 2013- Sent Packet 3 back to Embassy..waiting for an interview date!

July 15, 2013- Packet 4 received..Interview set for July 30, 2013!!!

July 22, 2013- Medical done!!

July 30, 2013- Interview- APPROVED!!!!

August 5, 2013-Picked up Visa!!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

November 7, 2013-We are finally married!!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I haven't posted in a while but i wanted to say first CONGRATS to all of those who have recently approved petitions. How exciting! We are early November filers but no word yet..patience truly is a virtue! I'm going to go see my beloved in March and I'm currently gathering up stuff we will need on down the line should we get approved. I'm currently gathering tax documents and getting things organized but I have come across a few questions.

1. I was a dependant in 2010 and therefore did not file taxes on my own behalf (only worked 3 months)I have them for 2011 and 2012. Is this enough?

Only the most recent year is required, but you can include 2011 too if it will help prove your income. Since you are having a co-sponsor, your most recent is probably all you need.

2. I efile with Turbotax. They give you an option to print off all your forms after you file for your records. Can i use these or do i specifically need to ask for transcripts from the IRS?

2012 transcripts are not available yet. You need to send a copy of your complete return with all forms, W-2s and/or 1099s.

3. I have 3 children. One lives with me full time and I'm his sole provider. My other two children reside with their father as of right now (their choice)and he has custody of them by the court of law (physical and legal). Do I need to claim my one as fully dependant and the other two partially dependant? Or just claim the one that lives with me and not the other two? The court forgo'd child support so we could travel back and forth to see the kids and per agreement with their father. What is the best way to approach this?

All minor children are included in your household count no matter where they live or who claims them on their taxes.

4. What all does my co-sponsor need to send in? The Affidavit, taxes transcripts, letter from employer, bank statements? Does she need to prove US citizenship with a BC or Passport? We are working on this now and I wanted to double and triple check.

Yes. If their income is enough for their own household size plus the foreign fiance(e), not really a need for bank statements unless your consulate specifically asks for them in their instructions. The letter from their employer and most recent pay stubs will prove their current income. They can use one or the other to prove they are a USC, copy of US birth certificate or bio page of their US passport.

5. Last, if we are approved, i'm sure the interview won't be for some time after March. Is it okay to gather up all this stuff and take with me to save time and postage? Is there anything that is time sensitive?

The I-134 forms and their supporting documents should be as recent possible, but within a month or 2 should not be a problem.

Sorry for all the questions! I just want to be sure that we are gathering up everything that we need and it's done the correct way! We also need Letters of Intent for a second time and ongoing relationship proof, correct? Thank you all for invaluable help! We both appreciate it very much :)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.