John5976

GC Approved on the spot within 6 min

6 posts in this topic

Here is my story from the interview (AOS).

We got to the AOS interview early with my lawyer and we waited in the room until my name was called out that took about 2 min.

Once my name was called out he took us to his office he swore us in and asked my wife 1 question about her name and said that the sponsor papers are approved.

Than he stated doing some work on his PC and i was all nervous.

Than he turned to me and asked me 2 questions.

1, When did we get married i said 2006 he smiled.

2, What have i been doing for the last months in the US while waiting. I said been playing golf. He smiled again.

4 min later he said i have been approved for 10 years :)He didnt ask for pictures or and other papers.

I asked him if i can get a stamp in my passport for travel he said no problem and stamped my passport since i never got a EAD combo card.

He printed out a paper saying i was approved and i said thank you.

The officer said go and play some golf and relax and he walked us out.

By the time i got to the parking lot i recived a text message and email.

This was the easiest interview ever even my lawyer was shocked. in and out within 6 min

Good luck all.

Here is my TIMELINE:

Nov 26- Sent i130,i485 and i765 ups

Nov 28- received at Chicago lockbox

Dev 4 - email t text for all 3

Dec 7 - checks cashed

Dec 15 -received hard copy for all 3

Dec 20 -received biometric apptment Dec 31

Dec 21 -biometric done (WALKIN)

Jan 2 -received hard copy for interview Feb 5

Feb 5 -Interview got approved

Edited by John5976

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Here is my story from the interview (AOS).

We got to the AOS interview early with my lawyer and we waited in the room until my name was called out that took about 2 min.

Once my name was called out he took us to his office he swore us in and asked my wife 1 question about her name and said that the sponsor papers are approved.

Than he stated doing some work on his PC and i was all nervous.

Than he turned to me and asked me 2 questions.

1, When did we get married i said 2006 he smiled.

2, What have i been doing for the last months in the US while waiting. I said been playing golf. He smiled again.

4 min later he said i have been approved for 10 years :)He didnt ask for pictures or and other papers.

I asked him if i can get a stamp in my passport for travel he said no problem and stamped my passport since i never got a EAD combo card.

He printed out a paper saying i was approved and i said thank you.

The officer said go and play some golf and relax and he walked us out.

By the time i got to the parking lot i recived a text message and email.

This was the easiest interview ever even my lawyer was shocked. in and out within 6 min

Good luck all.

Here is my TIMELINE:

Nov 26- Sent i130,i485 and i765 ups

Nov 28- received at Chicago lockbox

Dev 4 - email t text for all 3

Dec 7 - checks cashed

Dec 15 -received hard copy for all 3

Dec 20 -received biometric apptment Dec 31

Dec 21 -biometric done (WALKIN)

Jan 2 -received hard copy for interview Feb 5

Feb 5 -Interview got approved

sweet !! congrats !! i hope ours next week would be as easy as this :) enjoy and go celebrate.

Day 11/14 Mailed AOS Package

Day 11/16 AOS Package Accepted

Day 11/20 Received Text with receipt numbers

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 11/26 -Letter for Biometrix - its on 12/20

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Day 1/15/2013 - received hard copy letter to let us know interview is on 2/12 !

Day 1/17/2013 - received text/email that EAD has been approved

Day 1/26/2013 - received EAD card

Day 2/12 - interview done - approved on spot!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Nice!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

We have our interview on March 6th, hope its just as easy.

Met my wife: Spring 2010
Became Bf & Gf: July 16, 2010
Got engaged: July 16, 2011
Wedding: August 11, 2012
Sent AOS Docs: December 12, 2012
Rec'd Receipts: December 22, 2012
Rec'd Bio Appt: December 24, 2012 (1/7/12)
Biometrics Done: December 28, 2012 (went early because I wouldn't be able to go on the 7th)
Rec'd Req for Evidence: January 5, 2013 (initial request for my joint sponsor's proof of citizenship)
Sent Evidence Requested: January 10, 2013 (my join sponsor's certificate of naturalization)
Evidence Received: January 15, 2013 (status updated on USCIS website)
Testing and Interview: January 25, 2013 (status updated on USCIS website - now just waiting for the interview date)
Interview date set: January 30, 2013 (our interview was set for March 6th, 2013)
EAD Approved: February 12, 2013
EAD Card Production: February 15, 2013
EAD Card Mailed: February 19, 2013
EAD Card Rec'd: February 23, 2013
Applied for S.S.No.: February 25, 2013
Interview and Approval: March 6, 2013
Green Card Rec'd: March 14, 2013
Applied for new S.S. card: March 15, 2013
Rec'd S.S. card: March 22, 2013

Sent I-751: January 10, 2015

NOA1: January 15, 2015

Biometrics: February 20, 2015
Green Card Rec'd: June 8, 2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow thats great!!!!! congrats!!!!

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Congrats!! I pray and hope mine is that easy too....

Adjusting from B-2
AOS

08/23/2013 - Package Mailed

08/25/2013 - Package delivered
08/29/2013 - Email/text notifications received

08/30/2013 - Checks Cleared
09/03/2013 - NOA hard copies received

09/09/2013 - Received Biometrics Appointment for 9/25
09/13/2013 - Text/Email for RFE (I-864 & I-94)

09/16/2013 - Completed Biometricks (Walk In)

(Long gap in sending RFE back because I had to complete I-94 application and tried to wait for decision but ended up submitting RFE for I-864 with I-94 NOA)

11/29/2013 - RFE response sent

12/30/2014 - EAD received

01/06/2014 - I-94 Approved!!!!!
02/06/2014 - Interview (had to go back to civil surgeon to re-do paperwork and make sure this time he signs it. Took care of it that very same day and dropped it off at the USCIS office the following morning.
02/14/2014 - Green card received!!!

Thank you VJ for all your help!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.