raven52

Is this True??? The "culture" at St. Luke's!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last month my fiance and I were "floored" when she was going through the medical and all was fine, until the x-ray, 2 doctors say fine, and the last one say "suspicious!!!" So we know that this starts the un-believable journey of 8-9 weeks, (after dealing with VSC for 6 and 1/2 months)!

- Her "smear" was negative!

- She is almost through her 2nd week after the 3 day culture exam!

- Is it true, or has anyone read that if you get by the No. 3-6 weeks, that more than likely the test will be "normal"

- If she is called by St. Luke's during that period of 3-6 weeks.,.,.it is "bad news, usually!"

- Has anyone ever been called "early" telling them to come in to the hospital, and their test is OK?

- She was told to call back March 27th at 9:00 a.m, which is almost 9 weeks!

- If she is found to be "normal" will the hospital schedule her interview at the embassy, or does she have to do it?

PLEASE, MY FRIENDS, any comments that can be offered would be so much appreciated, at this point.,.,.,.as me and my fiance are going through "hades" at this time after our "adventure" with VSC! Please offer your guidance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to Philippines regional forum for country specific answers ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

you have been asking this question for like many times. I am not being rude but why don't you just call st. lukes if you want an accurate answers.

06/25/2008 : Met for the first time

07/25/2011 : Met for the 2nd time, HE PROPOSED!

04/06/2012 : Sent I29-F Package

04/09/2012 : NOA1 received

10/03/2012 : NOA2 (no RFE)

11/15/2012 : Med Exam @ St.Lukes (scar found on xray film)

11/19/2012 : start of my 3-day sputum exam

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

01/21/2013 : PASSED the med exam! smile.png

01/28/2013 : Interview at USEM(7:30AM)-- APPROVED

02/02/2013 : Visa on Hand

02/25/2013 : USA entry

03/12/2013 : Got Married, got SSN after 4 days

04/08/2013 : Filed/sent AOS, EAD, AP

04/22/2013 : NOA1 letter received with biometrics appontment

05/15/2013 : biometrics

06/25/2013 : received the EAD/AP combo card

First of all sorry again you are going through this. I will answer next to your questions below:

Is it true, or has anyone read that if you get by the No. 3-6 weeks, that more than likely the test will be "normal" They spin the sample which means test it in an aging process to see if any of the TB bacteria grows. The test takes from my understanding 7-8 weeks which is why they are giving you the 9 weeks time frame. And as you can imagine if the bacteria/TB grows then of course they stop the test early and place the call to you to have you start the treatments. No sense in them waiting at this point.

- If she is called by St. Luke's during that period of 3-6 weeks.,.,.it is "bad news, usually!" As mentioned above yes this means they want to get her started on her meds to reduce the TB to safe levels or kill/contain the contagious portions

- Has anyone ever been called "early" telling them to come in to the hospital, and their test is OK? I cannot say I have heard this from what I have read

- She was told to call back March 27th at 9:00 a.m, which is almost 9 weeks! Gives them time to process her results.

- If she is found to be "normal" will the hospital schedule her interview at the embassy, or does she have to do it?

St Lukes then re-scheduled your interview from what I was told and you get preferred dates as you have been waiting. So if a March 27th call is successful then most likely before April 10th as an estimate your interview will be.

You can do this. Keep the faith. Time does not take Love away.

Edited by LSnBigBear

you have been asking this question for like many times. I am not being rude but why don't you just call st. lukes if you want an accurate answers.

Hey don't take this the wrong way but stress and going through this causes brain freezes and anxiety. I went through this same issue in 2007 that ultimately tore my ex fiancee and I apart as she could not handle this prcess etc. So I know first hand how stressful this St Lukes process can be and how the OP needs to keep it together for his fiancee at this time. It is a very difficult time for them and anyone going through this. St Lukes is not good at giving answers on this topic. Just wait and call back March 27th. I heard this all before and it is the longest dang 7 weeks of your life wondering.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** One post removed for bad language. If you don't like an answer, ignore them, do not attack the other VJ member. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i understand the OP for being anxious and worried, stress and whatever you call it...

BUT i can see his previous posts asking the same questions... Vjers who was in the same situation before already answered him with the SAME answer.

TO OP: Pull yourself together. Be strong as your fiancee needs you the most this time. Read the answers to your previous questions which are same with your questions now. I believe the Vjers have been answering it already. Asking the same question over and over again will not help you. It will just pile build up the tension in you. Waiting is all you can do right now, and of course praying :innocent:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey don't take this the wrong way but stress and going through this causes brain freezes and anxiety. I went through this same issue in 2007 that ultimately tore my ex fiancee and I apart as she could not handle this prcess etc. So I know first hand how stressful this St Lukes process can be and how the OP needs to keep it together for his fiancee at this time. It is a very difficult time for them and anyone going through this. St Lukes is not good at giving answers on this topic. Just wait and call back March 27th. I heard this all before and it is the longest dang 7 weeks of your life wondering.

the OP can actually ask st.lukes nurses. They give answers. My fiancee asked them many questions after she was told about the sputum exam. And they clearly explained to her the process.. The staff nurses in 4th floor are the one who are giving explanation. I, the petitioner even called them and asked about the process., they explained everything to me over the phone.

Timeline

i understand the OP for being anxious and worried, stress and whatever you call it...

BUT i can see his previous posts asking the same questions... Vjers who was in the same situation before already answered him with the SAME answer.

TO OP: Pull yourself together. Be strong as your fiancee needs you the most this time. Read the answers to your previous questions which are same with your questions now. I believe the Vjers have been answering it already. Asking the same question over and over again will not help you. It will just pile build up the tension in you. Waiting is all you can do right now, and of course praying :innocent:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

06/25/2008 : Met for the first time

07/25/2011 : Met for the 2nd time, HE PROPOSED!

04/06/2012 : Sent I29-F Package

04/09/2012 : NOA1 received

10/03/2012 : NOA2 (no RFE)

11/15/2012 : Med Exam @ St.Lukes (scar found on xray film)

11/19/2012 : start of my 3-day sputum exam

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

01/21/2013 : PASSED the med exam! smile.png

01/28/2013 : Interview at USEM(7:30AM)-- APPROVED

02/02/2013 : Visa on Hand

02/25/2013 : USA entry

03/12/2013 : Got Married, got SSN after 4 days

04/08/2013 : Filed/sent AOS, EAD, AP

04/22/2013 : NOA1 letter received with biometrics appontment

05/15/2013 : biometrics

06/25/2013 : received the EAD/AP combo card

Timeline

the OP can actually ask st.lukes nurses. They give answers. My fiancee asked them many questions after she was told about the sputum exam. And they clearly explained to her the process.. The staff nurses in 4th floor are the one who are giving explanation. I, the petitioner even called them and asked about the process., they explained everything to me over the phone.

:thumbs: thanks to this,now I know what to do when I go to St. Lukes.. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.