livetolove

Help help help please

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi there

My wife is going to be interviewed next Friday in Casablanca for IR-1 visa. I am sooooo scared about Casablanca coz I read and heard a lot of negative stuff about Casa consulate.

Here is a brief of my case and petition.

1. I filed a petition for my Moroccan wife back in 2010 and after a long background check and RFE, I got NOA2 in October 2012.

2. I am not a moroccan but originally from the Middle east (share the same language and relegion with my wife).

3. I got divorced twice first in 2003 and last in 2006 ( non of them got a green card thru me).

4. I met my wife back in 2003 and our relation is 10 years old.

5. I married my wife back in 2010 ( after 7 years of relation)

6. I travelled to my wife 7 times ( my last vist was back in Januray 2013)(we used to see each other in Morocco and outside morocco.

7. I am 15 years older than my wife ( it is common in MENA coutries that men marry younger women ).

8. We did not a have party for our wedding coz my wife's older brother died 2 months before our marriage ( we have moroccan death certificate)

9. When USCIS sent me a RFE, I sent them 7 pounds of pics and documents.

In lieu of the above, what documents should my wife take with her on her interview date and what is the percentage of getting an immigrant visa the same day without AP though I heard that it is easier for women to get visa than men ( i dont know if it is true or not).

I'm sorry that I can't help you answer the question of which documents to bring, but this did raise a flag for me:

3. I got divorced twice first in 2003 and last in 2006 ( non of them got a green card thru me).

Is your wife prepared to answer questions about having a relationship with you throughout your second marriage?

Timeline

I'm sorry that I can't help you answer the question of which documents to bring, but this did raise a flag for me:

Is your wife prepared to answer questions about having a relationship with you throughout your second marriage?

Yes, at the beggining it was just a friendship and finally after my divorce of my second wife, back in 2006, our friendship started getting romantic till I proposed to her back in 2009 and got married in 2010. Off course she is aware of my previous marriages.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I had my husband take all the same paperwork we file such as marriage license and what not. I also had him take cell phone records, Skype calls and ultrasound pictures. I had just had our son six days before his interview so I had him take pictures of our son also. He said they did not ask for any of this in his interview but he had it if there was any problem. Plus he was in Tunisia and they issue his visa the next day and he was in America by Saturday. I know you are different country but this was our experience.

Timeline

I had my husband take all the same paperwork we file such as marriage license and what not. I also had him take cell phone records, Skype calls and ultrasound pictures. I had just had our son six days before his interview so I had him take pictures of our son also. He said they did not ask for any of this in his interview but he had it if there was any problem. Plus he was in Tunisia and they issue his visa the next day and he was in America by Saturday. I know you are different country but this was our experience.

My wife just got back from the embassy's doctor and he didnt gave her the medical report, but he said he will send it to the consulate by himslef? is that true?? coz what i heard it once u are done with all tests and vaccination, benificery will be given a sealed envelope with the medial result and report...

Timeline

It does seem to be much easier for a moroccan woman in Casablanca, they tend to give the men a hard time about validity of relationships.

Is the Moroccan court or Police certificate valid for 3 or six months?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A local background check is up to the CO. You were divorced twice, no red flags there except you say you have known and had a relationship with your wife since 2003, while married to your ex? Don't use that time as proof of relationship unless you are prepared to have your wife explain why she was with you while you were married. Do you mean to say that you had a friendship with her since 2003 and started a relationship in 2006. No Co will believe you have been together for 10 years while you had 2 other marriages. If anything they do show concern for the applicant thus she may be questions about your previous marriages.

It is true females do have more success with getting visas out of Morocco but there are denials as well. I was preview to this while acting for my husband at the embassy. No one gets visa on the same day they call you back to pick it up a few days later. It is normal to worry, good luck...

Is the Moroccan court or Police certificate valid for 3 or six months?

90 days then they expire

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My wife just got back from the embassy's doctor and he didnt gave her the medical report, but he said he will send it to the consulate by himslef? is that true?? coz what i heard it once u are done with all tests and vaccination, benificery will be given a sealed envelope with the medial result and report...

I'm a beneficiary from Casablanca Morocco, I was given the sealed envelope of my medical examination result by the Dr associated with the consulate right prior to my first CR-1 interview back in Aug 2012, what's the name of the Dr your wife had the examination at?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.