Jump to content

So I am here in Amuurica.... now what?


5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland

Hi all! So I've landeds in America and I am not sure what to do next.

My fiance3 and I will be married in two weeks and AOS packet is next. Where do I get the forms?

Also, do you have to wait till residency to get a state i.d. and drivers license?

I want to book driving lessons and apply for the test but someone told me you needed proof of residency. I'm not sure if that means you needing to have proof of a fixed address OR that you have to be living in the US six months before applying.

I already have my social security number from my previous stint in the US.

Any help will be greatly recieved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada

For me, in Ohio, the lady printed out a list with all the things that I could use as proof. Your passport with the visa and the i-94 is probably the easiest. The tricky part is that I also had to show something with my address on it, which had to be from the government, or a bank. I will have to use my SSC envelope. I still haven't got my Ohio's driver's license. I am still using my Canadian license, and I have been able to get insurance, transfer my car, and everything. Don't follow my bad example and get yours ASAP lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

Moved from K-1 process to AOS process forums as the OP is already finished K-1 and is asking about the AOS process.

Get your forms from the USCIS website for AOS - use the guides here and the example forms here for AOS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...