Darren&Steph

Chicago Not Processing Adjustments

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys

I got married December 3rd 2012 after entering on a K1 from England.

We sent in our I485 and I765 and have receipt December 13th 2012.

I had my biometrics taken January 8th 2013.

I have heard nothing since, when I check my status online for the I485 it is still in ACCEPTANCE and I765 is on INITIAL REVIEW.

I called last week and asked if they could tell me how long it is going to be and they said "The Chicago office is not processing any new applications after July 2012"

Where does that leave me? Does anyone know how long it will take for my permission to work to come through?

There is only so much thumb twiddling I can do!

D

You packet was probably routed to NBC which is in Missouri. You are under normal processing times for both; expect to wait 90 days for EAD, and 6 months or so for GC. The online system is unreliable and will sit on initial review until it is approved. What were you expecting to happen there? It's only been a month and a half since you sent in your packet. Good luck!

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

You packet was probably routed to NBC which is in Missouri. You are under normal processing times for both; expect to wait 90 days for EAD, and 6 months or so for GC. The online system is unreliable and will sit on initial review until it is approved. What were you expecting to happen there? It's only been a month and a half since you sent in your packet. Good luck!

Thanks Harpa, I do see the processing times. When I did call they said that my file was in Chicago, they didn't say it had been transferred to Missouri.

Thanks Harpa, I do see the processing times. When I did call they said that my file was in Chicago, they didn't say it had been transferred to Missouri.

Right, but Chicago is not a processing center. It is a lockbox. From there all the files get transferred somewhere else. I bet your receipt numbers start with MSC, right? That stands for "Missouri Service Center."

The USCIS hotline is called the "misinformation" line, because they are not USCIS employees. They are subcontracted call center employees and they don't know what is going on. Everything is going fine with your case :) don't worry.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Right, but Chicago is not a processing center. It is a lockbox. From there all the files get transferred somewhere else. I bet your receipt numbers start with MSC, right? That stands for "Missouri Service Center."

The USCIS hotline is called the "misinformation" line, because they are not USCIS employees. They are subcontracted call center employees and they don't know what is going on. Everything is going fine with your case :) don't worry.

Thank you again Harpa, yes my numbers start with MSC. That makes me feel a little easier.

Thank you.

Good luck and rest easy! The process will take longer than you want; it will be opaque, but it will work out in the end!

AOS for my husband

ROC:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I received my Employment Card today :D

Now I need to find a job :)

Good luck and rest easy! The process will take longer than you want; it will be opaque, but it will work out in the end!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.