Betha y Nico

I-134 Co-Sponsor, retired uncle?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

While we are waiting for our NOA2 I thought I would start working on the I134 forms. I am going back to the us in a few weeks to start working, but I am not going to be making a lot of $$... but my projected income (hourly, so hard to estimate) before taxes should be over the 125% poverty line. I also am the beneficiary of a trust, and am wondering if anyone has experience using this, since the trust will include our rent-free houseing that I am going to provide as well as pay our health insurance.

My fiancees uncle is a US citizen and we were thinking of using him as a co-sponsor since my mom and dad are not options (one dead and one not in contact). He is retired but owns significant property in California and probably between his assetsw and retirement income would also qualify. Can someone help me to figure out exactly what I need to get from him? His English is not so great, and his technological skills are also lacking so I really need to walk hi step by step through what we need!

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there, from what I have seen there is a form in the "guides" section which the petitioner (US citizen) has to use for sponsorship (even if they do not make enough).. As far as I understand, you just use another one of those forms for the co-sponsor.

If you click "Guides" above and then "K1 Visa guide" it's somewhere there (I can't post links yet in the forum).

Not sure exactly which form it is, still researching this myself lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

While we are waiting for our NOA2 I thought I would start working on the I134 forms. I am going back to the us in a few weeks to start working, but I am not going to be making a lot of $... but my projected income (hourly, so hard to estimate) before taxes should be over the 125% poverty line. I also am the beneficiary of a trust, and am wondering if anyone has experience using this, since the trust will include our rent-free houseing that I am going to provide as well as pay our health insurance.

My fiancees uncle is a US citizen and we were thinking of using him as a co-sponsor since my mom and dad are not options (one dead and one not in contact). He is retired but owns significant property in California and probably between his assetsw and retirement income would also qualify. Can someone help me to figure out exactly what I need to get from him? His English is not so great, and his technological skills are also lacking so I really need to walk hi step by step through what we need!

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks!

You fill out the I-134 and provide all of the evidence you mentioned above. They probably will not approve you with only a projected income so the co-sponsor is good to have. Add on whatever you have though, including evidence of your trust. It can only help show the foreign fiance(e) will not become a public charge and that is what you are trying to convince them of.

Your uncle will fill out his own separate I-134 and provide his most recent tax transcript or a copy of his complete return including all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s. He needs to show proof of his retirement income and if he wants to list assets(this is not necessary or required if he has enough with income alone), he will need to show an appraisal of the property and documents of any liens against it to get the net value. He also needs to provide proof of being a USC with a copy of a US birth certificate, naturalization or the bio page of his US passport.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.