David R

Police check confusion today

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I went into Chatswood Police Station this morning to get my police check processed. I was under the impression I would need form 800. When I went in there the lady told me they no longer have forms and do it all online. She told me to go online and do it and then come back in for fingerprints on Saturday.

I am confused as I have only heard about form 800 on here. I know USCIS can be quite particular and I want to make sure I am getting the correct check done. Does anyone know if we are to do it online or get this form 800.

Also, when I told her I would need the police check sent to me and not directly to the embassy she was very shocked and told me that most of the time the embassy needs it sent directly to them??

So if anyone can shed some light on

a) whether it is acceptable to do it online

and

b) Whether we need to get it sent to our home address and include it with packet 3 or wait until we send packet 3 off and get the police check sent directly to the embassy.

Thanks so much for all your time and guidance, it is very much appreciated!

David

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

a) I don't know.

b) it needs to be sent to you and you will send it off to the embassy with your other papers.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Hi Everyone,

I went into Chatswood Police Station this morning to get my police check processed. I was under the impression I would need form 800. When I went in there the lady told me they no longer have forms and do it all online. She told me to go online and do it and then come back in for fingerprints on Saturday.

I am confused as I have only heard about form 800 on here. I know USCIS can be quite particular and I want to make sure I am getting the correct check done. Does anyone know if we are to do it online or get this form 800.

Also, when I told her I would need the police check sent to me and not directly to the embassy she was very shocked and told me that most of the time the embassy needs it sent directly to them??

So if anyone can shed some light on

a) whether it is acceptable to do it online

and

b) Whether we need to get it sent to our home address and include it with packet 3 or wait until we send packet 3 off and get the police check sent directly to the embassy.

Thanks so much for all your time and guidance, it is very much appreciated!

David

Did you see this forum?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/297828-nsw-police-check-which-form/

Timeline

Hey Lainie,

Yes I did and I saw other posts where the consistent theme was that the form 800 was needed which is why I am now so confused. The lady at the station said they no longer have any forms at the station and to do it all online.

They did not seem to be completely sure of the whole thing but I do not know what to do if they no longer have the form we need? I am guessing it has changed and now it is just done online but I am not sure?

Hey Lainie,

Yes I did and I saw other posts where the consistent theme was that the form 800 was needed which is why I am now so confused. The lady at the station said they no longer have any forms at the station and to do it all online.

They did not seem to be completely sure of the whole thing but I do not know what to do if they no longer have the form we need? I am guessing it has changed and now it is just done online but I am not sure?

I did mine in Victoria, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of NSW, but my impression from the discussion was that online was the way to go now, and if you do it online there is no 799 versus 800 form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I did mine in NSW. Go to this site. Good luck!!!

https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx

Met online - July 19, 2011

First Visit to California - November 24, 2011

Second Visit to California with my children - March 22, 2012

Third visit Chris came to Australia - June 9, 2012

Got engaged - June 9, 2012

Sent I-129F - July 13, 2012

Received at Dallas Lockbox - July 17, 2012

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Timeline

I did mine in NSW. Go to this site. Good luck!!!

https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx

Awesome, thanks so much. So you did your police check online too?

Hey Lainie,

Yeah, I am sure you are right. Thanks heaps for your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Awesome, thanks so much. So you did your police check online too?

Yep I did it online. Can't remember if I had to print the form out, I don't think I did (I did mine in August) From memory I only had to print out the receipt and take that with me to the police station. The certificate arrived at my home about 2-3 weeks later. Good luck!!

Met online - July 19, 2011

First Visit to California - November 24, 2011

Second Visit to California with my children - March 22, 2012

Third visit Chris came to Australia - June 9, 2012

Got engaged - June 9, 2012

Sent I-129F - July 13, 2012

Received at Dallas Lockbox - July 17, 2012

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Timeline

Yep I did it online. Can't remember if I had to print the form out, I don't think I did (I did mine in August) From memory I only had to print out the receipt and take that with me to the police station. The certificate arrived at my home about 2-3 weeks later. Good luck!!

Awesome, thanks so much for your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes, do it online and print the confirmation, check that they will send the request to the parramatta crim records before it gets sent to you at home, balmain police screwed mine up and sent the fingerprint sheet to me.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Timeline

Yes, do it online and print the confirmation, check that they will send the request to the parramatta crim records before it gets sent to you at home, balmain police screwed mine up and sent the fingerprint sheet to me.

OK thanks, did you get the police check sent to your home or the embassy?

Timeline

OK thanks, did you get the police check sent to your home or the embassy?

home, that way I could be sure of its progress, I took a copy of the cert too, and the embassy will give you back the original at interview.

N400

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

ROC

AOS

Timeline

home, that way I could be sure of its progress, I took a copy of the cert too, and the embassy will give you back the original at interview.

OK yeah I got it sent to my home also. So did you send the original with packet 3 and then bring a copy to interview?

Thanks heaps!

Timeline

OK yeah I got it sent to my home also. So did you send the original with packet 3 and then bring a copy to interview?

Thanks heaps!

I can't remember, I think they ask for original + copy - they give you a checklist that tells you what to include in packet 3, and yes, I took a copy of everything with me to the interview, I didn't need anything from my copies, but I was more comfortable being prepared.

N400

ROC

AOS

Timeline

I can't remember, I think they ask for original + copy - they give you a checklist that tells you what to include in packet 3, and yes, I took a copy of everything with me to the interview, I didn't need anything from my copies, but I was more comfortable being prepared.

Absolutely! Thanks so much for your time, you have been a great help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.