Bob & Joana

DS-230 packet

8 posts in this topic

The NVC says I am supposed to mail the DS-230 packet to them in the US before they will forward that to the embassy in manila and set an appointment. This has confused me because I have seen other people who have said they are worried about getting their passport before their interview date. I was led to believe that you needed to include a photocopy of the passport info page with the DS-230 packet. Is it possible to send it without the passport info page and still be approved? My wife and I have encountered many delays in getting her passport so this has been stalling our progress. Can anyone clarify this? Is there a way to file this packet at the embassy instead of mailing to NVC? Or is the passport page optional?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have to send the DS-230 and civil documents to NVC.

The photocopy of the passport bio page is a requirement. Its a MUST to submit it together with the DS-230 packet.

You have to send the DS-230 and civil documents to NVC.

The photocopy of the passport bio page is a requirement. Its a MUST to submit it together with the DS-230 packet.

are the people who are worried about getting the passport before their interview date just more confused than I am about the process?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

are the people who are worried about getting the passport before their interview date just more confused than I am about the process?

You will have to wait till your wife is issued a Philippine passport before you can mail your DS-230 packet. This may delay the submission but at least you will have all the required documents submitted to NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you can get a passport with in a week but, you pay more and its better than paying less and it takes a month. Just comply DFA requirements like authenticated birth certificate, NBI, or school record SSS/GSIS ID . If you have 2 any of those requirements then go quick and file it.. then make a photocopy of the first page of your passport for your DS-230.

Edited by blackgirl

you can get a passport with in a week but, you pay more and its better than paying less and it takes a month. Just comply DFA requirements like authenticated birth certificate, NBI, or school record SSS/GSIS ID . If you have 2 any of those requirements then go quick and file it.. then make a photocopy of the first page of your passport for your DS-230.

Do you know if the delivery is reliable and quick or is it going to save multiple days going to pick it up after 7 working days? I was thinking to do rush and delivery as it takes 3hrs to get to Manila, but if delivery is going to make it 2+ extra days I might bite the bullet and arrange to pick it up.

Timeline

as long as you chose the week processing it cost 1,500.00PHP if i was not wrong. You can pick it up with in a week . They will not delivered the passport you must to pick it up personally. File your passport in the nearest DFA in your area. same processing if you will do it in manila. They have two options if you pay less you can get it with in a month. if you will pay more you can get it with in a week. Go for it and Good Luck!!!!

Timeline

You need to wait her passport. if she can get a passport then let her go to internet cafe to scan the first page of her passport and send it to you. NVC don't need the original passport they only need a photocopy . Original passport needed in Medical and Interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.