rUsSeLL&fAyE

CSC vs other service centers

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i am an october NOA1... i know that it's not my time yet to get an NOA2 but......how come VSC or other service centers are much faster processing K1/K3 visas!!! but CSC? it takes them too long...

can we not question that? is there any way to contact USCIS & tell them the problem..why is this happening? can CSC not be the same as VSC?

it's understood & a fact that CSC has more paperworks to do than other service center right? because some TSC & NVC transfer their cases to CSC...so why not make it faster & be more organized!?!?!

is there any way we can do to make them hear us...???

K1 journey

09/30/06 :mailed I-129F

10/05/06 :date of NOA1

12/15/06 :date of NOA2

03/15/07 :got my VISA!!!!

03/17/07 :welcome to LAS VEGAS!!! wwwooohhhoooo

wedding day - JUNE 3, 2007

AOS

06/12/2007 :sent application to Chicago, IL

06/19/2007 :NOA date

07/18/2007 :biometrics done!

09/10/2007 :interview

09/18/2007 :notice mailed welcoming the NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!

EAD

06/12/2007 :sent application to Chicago, IL

06/19/2007 :NOA date

07/18/2007 :biometrics done!

08/24/2007 :card production ordered

08/27/2007 :touched

09/01/2007 :EAD card received!

116322026488201.gif

rUsSeLL&fAyE,

You are preaching to the choir mate, many have questioned the disparity in the regional processing centers.

Best bet, live in the VSC area of operation or become a legislator. Short of that, we can only complain.

I suspect it will always be this way during our lifetime.

i am an october NOA1... i know that it's not my time yet to get an NOA2 but......how come VSC or other service centers are much faster processing K1/K3 visas!!! but CSC? it takes them too long...

can we not question that? is there any way to contact USCIS & tell them the problem..why is this happening? can CSC not be the same as VSC?

it's understood & a fact that CSC has more paperworks to do than other service center right? because some TSC & NVC transfer their cases to CSC...so why not make it faster & be more organized!?!?!

is there any way we can do to make them hear us...???

Actually CSC is moving along pretty well now, I sure as hell didn't complain at a 2.5 month approval from good ol' California.

On top of that it seems they've caught up on a lot of the WAYYY back applications from March and onward.

Good thing you weren't around to witness the heartache of those who filed in March through July and waited/were expecting a wait of 5 or 6 months.

Also-- It wasn't SOME of the TSC and NSC petitions that were transferred there. It was ALL of them :yes:

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Actually CSC is moving along pretty well now, I sure as hell didn't complain at a 2.5 month approval from good ol' California.

On top of that it seems they've caught up on a lot of the WAYYY back applications from March and onward.

Good thing you weren't around to witness the heartache of those who filed in March through July and waited/were expecting a wait of 5 or 6 months.

Also-- It wasn't SOME of the TSC and NSC petitions that were transferred there. It was ALL of them :yes:

:hehe: Amazing how those who've been approved by CSC (like you) praise them. My N0A1 was received by me well before you got your N0A1, yet you've already gotten your N0A2 and I have not. There's nothing special about my application.. nothing to cause warning bells to go off at USCIS. I'm happy for you that you got your N0A2... but the fact that you got it in 2.5 months DOES NOT in any way indicate that CSC is on the ball now and getting things done. They're still doing things haphazardly and with no rhyme or reason to as how they process one case over another one. I'm at 90 days days now with no approval yet, but there are still many from March, April, May, June and July who are waiting also. I can assure you that none of us who are still waiting will be saying anything nice about CSC.

Um ok.

I'm not sitting here saying CSC is FANTASTIC OMG PRAISE THEM. I said I'm not complaining about a 2-3 month wait for an approval when I went into it thinking more along the lines of 6 months.

I'm saying "better now than they were before", and given your comments you must realize that too.

They're not on the ball. If they were, they'd have everything in order and be turning out approvals at the rate of Vermont. BUT they are doing significantly better than they were when I started poking around here early summer.

Don't read so deeply into what I said.

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: Timeline

rUsSeLL&fAyE,

Point of clarification: The USCIS Service Centers do not process K visas or any other type of visas. They process petitions and applications for immigration benefits, but not visas.

Yodrak

i am an october NOA1... i know that it's not my time yet to get an NOA2 but......how come VSC or other service centers are much faster processing K1/K3 visas!!! ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.