• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Roy would much rather eat at home.....so he can cook :lol:

Yes Adrian would rather cook also..which is good for me cause I dont have very good culinary skills :whistle:

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jill - lots of great news! It's nice that Lake will have a choice about his job... and that he won't be working around anything dangerous if he chooses the first. And congrats to Leann, that must be such a relief for all of you!! :thumbs:

UGH!!!!

I am working on taxes. How in the world did those of you file? As having him resident? Non resident? For the ones that got married last year? He only had like 2 months income and it only equalled bout $500 if even that for those two months, so I just have NO idea. I have read the alian tax guide til my head spins..

Oh, good news,... hubby has interview at Lincoln Public Schools on Tuesday, and I THINK its like a placement interview. But...also, the company he was to start at on Thursday ALSO called thursday eve and wondered "what happened" exactly, so they got MY side of the story. HR lady said was totally sympathetic, when I said we felt like we had been "jacked around" and said the staffing agency had NO business doing what they did. They DO use them as payroll AND also the benefits, which holds me back a bit, but the HR lady said they ARE still interested, so if he doesnt get the LPS job, they will keep his paperwork and they will hold the job open next week til we know for sure bout the school job. Real considerate I thought of them. Not sure if they would STILL want him to go thru staffing (kind of temp to hire) or not, but she was a real sweetheart and assured me he wouldnt be working with hot metals or acids or anything like that, so the fact the called to get the scoop really meant a lot to me. To us both. Get this, the staffing agency told HER that he was "no longer interested" in the position. She was going to call them and give them a piece of her mind! So next week, he might have to decide between TWO jobs! lol

Oh and we had small celebration for Leann's passing 28 weeks and 2 days now! Doc said baby SHOULD make it if born now, without TOO many probs! :yes:

And to the upcoming babies, now....dont HIDE from that ultrasound like my niece's does!!!! I swear every time she puts up the hand, as if to say, "Dont bother me, talk to the hand!" She HATES the ultrasound. Weird huh? Her name will be Kelynn Marie. I think thats the final decision anyhow, its the latest spelling her mom has decided on.... :lol:

So true :yes:

Mom and I had a little dispute last night she wants me to have what she calls a "traditional" wedding cake flavor...I wanted like a pineapple or mago flavored cake and she says no it has to be vanilla flavor (boring) it will look like a "traditional" wedding cake but i wanted some fun flavor in it.

Joanna -- Push for what you want. It is your wedding. I think people like different things.....some weddings get so boring because they are all alike.....

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Joanna -- Push for what you want. It is your wedding. I think people like different things.....some weddings get so boring because they are all alike.....

Yea I know what you mean, I do not want a boring white wedding, like I said before I want a bunch of color!! I think mom is ok with the color choice...but we do have to compomise...mom and dad are paying for it :whistle:

Joanna why don't you have two smaller cakes made instead of one; one that's more traditional and the one that you want?

Oh yeah I forget Adrian ate a Taco Bell in Hawaii once, I had to tell him over the phone what to order, chicken taco and some spanish rice, he liked it,

:lol:

Good luck on finding fresh seafood and produce. Is there a seafood wharf somewhere around? We have one near my job and the prices are reasonable.

There are seafood markets around-no wharf that I'm aware of. The kind of fish that he likes to eat are not the kind you can get around here or not the same name anyway. I was amused that some of animals and birds that are the same ones that we have here are called different names in Jamaica. I saw some birds in JA that I would call 'crows' and my friend told me the name they called them in JA; something similar to the sound the birds make. So maybe we do have the same kind of fish but they may call it a different name there.

Joanna's suggestion to 'seal and freeze' what you find on sale is good. Fish in supermarkets here can be very expensive. I don't like fish or cook either for that matter :o. He does like to cook though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't know how he will adjust to the cooking here, especially my mom's. She does that old fashioned southern style soul food cooking especially on Sundays.

mmm...mmm :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck on finding fresh seafood and produce. Is there a seafood wharf somewhere around? We have one near my job and the prices are reasonable.

There are seafood markets around-no wharf that I'm aware of. The kind of fish that he likes to eat are not the kind you can get around here or not the same name anyway. I was amused that some of animals and birds that are the same ones that we have here are called different names in Jamaica. I saw some birds in JA that I would call 'crows' and my friend told me the name they called them in JA; something similar to the sound the birds make. So maybe we do have the same kind of fish but they may call it a different name there.

Joanna's suggestion to 'seal and freeze' what you find on sale is good. Fish in supermarkets here can be very expensive. I don't like fish or cook either for that matter :o. He does like to cook though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't know how he will adjust to the cooking here, especially my mom's. She does that old fashioned southern style soul food cooking especially on Sundays.

mmm...mmm :thumbs:

Is there a Caribbean grocery store near you? Damien buy his red snapper and king fish from the Caribbean grocery store. The first time he asked for red snapper, we went to the wharf and he didn't see anything he liked. That was my biggest fear before his arrival - what if Damien didn't like American food. I can't cook Jamaican food (or any kind really) but everything worked out. Sometimes I wonder if he eat my cooking because he's too lazy (or spoiled) to cook his own :unsure:

Is there a Caribbean grocery store near you? Damien buy his red snapper and king fish from the Caribbean grocery store. The first time he asked for red snapper, we went to the wharf and he didn't see anything he liked. That was my biggest fear before his arrival - what if Damien didn't like American food. I can't cook Jamaican food (or any kind really) but everything worked out. Sometimes I wonder if he eat my cooking because he's too lazy (or spoiled) to cook his own :unsure:

Yes, there are plenty of Caribbean grocery stores near me. CT(Hartford area) supposedly has the 3rd largest Jamaican population in the US, and we have a very large Puerto Rican population too. Also there is a mix of a lot of other Caribbean people, so I don't know why I'm so worried. I'm sure he won't starve. King fish seems to be his favorite so I'm sure the markets here must carry what he wants.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, there are plenty of Caribbean grocery stores near me. CT(Hartford area) supposedly has the 3rd largest Jamaican population in the US, and we have a very large Puerto Rican population too. Also there is a mix of a lot of other Caribbean people, so I don't know why I'm so worried. I'm sure he won't starve. King fish seems to be his favorite so I'm sure the markets here must carry what he wants.

See, everything will work out :thumbs:

Take care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening VJ family,

Good new! Anthony got his driver's license. He has been driving everywhere since he got it. His license expires on April 11, 2006. He will need an EAD or green card to get a license for a longer period. I don't see why they wouldn't give him the amount of time his NOA for the AOS stated the processing time for the application (180 days). That makes more sense but then I don't make the laws.

Good evening VJ family,

Good new! Anthony got his driver's license. He has been driving everywhere since he got it. His license expires on April 11, 2006. He will need an EAD or green card to get a license for a longer period. I don't see why they wouldn't give him the amount of time his NOA for the AOS stated the processing time for the application (180 days). That makes more sense but then I don't make the laws.

Congratulations to Anthony! I know he must be thrilled.

I have to say it though, to give him a license that expires in a few weeks does not make any sense to me

:no:. I agree with your reasoning and timing Ann.

But still I am happy for him and I know it must be a relief for you too.

I have a long commute to work and don't like driving much more than I have to. Chauffeuring is not my idea of fun.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good evening VJ family,

Congrats Anthony on getting your license. Did he drive before in JA? :thumbs:

Good evening VJ family,

Congratulations to Anthony! I know he must be thrilled.

I have to say it though, to give him a license that expires in a few weeks does not make any sense to me

:no:. I agree with your reasoning and timing Ann.

But still I am happy for him and I know it must be a relief for you too.

I have a long commute to work and don't like driving much more than I have to. Chauffeuring is not my idea of fun.

Mine either. Before I retired, I had an hour commute each way. Now that I am home, my sister has severe rhuematoid arthritis and sometimes is in too much pain to drive to her numerous doctors' app. so I have to drive her and my mother doesn't drive, so everywhere she goes I'm the driver, so the idea of adding a third person to drive around is not very appealing, but those are the breaks, you know I won't be complaining, except to you guys :no: .

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good morning, everyone!

I just thot I would share, I think its a bit funny. I was discussing interviews with Lake, since they never really had them in his country. Well come to find out, he thinks they are FUN! FUN, can you believe it???

I guess that just goes to show you how starved he is for social contact other than myself! :lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.