aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Glad to hear things are going good with you Rita...I checked out your dress, I think I have seen it in the store....very very pretty!!! you will look fabulous :yes::thumbs:

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Glad to hear things are going good with you Rita...I checked out your dress, I think I have seen it in the store....very very pretty!!! you will look fabulous :yes::thumbs:

Thank you JoJo and the best part is .....its an 18 :) Now I just have to find a pic of my ring to share.

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hola peoples,

I am supposed to be moving to North Carolina (I'm scurred.LOL) in a few years. Other than my aunt and uncle, I wonder how many "Caribs" are out there.

Your aunt and uncle :lol::lol:

I live in a small community where there is a very large, old resort. Everybody and their mother works there because there is very little employment elsewhere. Since the 1960's, they have brought Jamaicans to work there. They come in March and work until November or December, depending on the climate(snow). Many have married and settled here or married and moved on. I hear that they have sister hotels in NC and SC, that do the same thing, I have no idea exactly where they are located, but maybe they will be close to you.

I never can get this thing to do right, this was suppose to be a reply to Elizabethnhenry.

Was trying to add a pic of the dress but I am unable to. I will give the item number

Go to Davidsbridal.com and the dress or item number is V8472. It is hard to tell in the pic but it is form fitting at the top and the straps fall right on the edge of my shoulders and then it is A-line (big full bottom) with a long train. Satin with lots of beads and sequins. I love it!!!

After spending most of the day at Friend of the Court I found out that my ex doesnt have any Parenting Time rights (visitation). He failed to show up to a default hearing so I was granted custody :) Granted this is not gonna prevent him from coming to snatch her out of the yard but it does give me the right to tell him to forget seeing her. He has only seen her 5 times in 7 years. Tashi is having a problem with this (partly because this child is the one he has bonded with the most) because he thinks something bad will happen to her if I let him have visitation and he doesnt want Brittny to be confused about her "daddy". I told Tashi that she is not gonna remember a sperm donor but she will remember who is there tucking her in and reading her bedtime stories. I will keep you all posted.

Blessings,

Rita

Glad to hear everything is working in you favor, Rita and glad you are back on

Edited by woogietail

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

together----to answer your question, i honestly didn't look. it opened up a bunch in February and March. From my perspective it was very easy to do, so I wouldn't do it until you are ready to go to the interview soon. EXCEPT if its around xmass or summer...that's when it will get busier.

jamie-----getting this visa would be so great because his daughter can continue to see him and start travelling to america. We both think its so important to keep a good relationship and henry would love to have her for 1 month in the summer, maybe some xmass's....i want her to gain the experience and so does henry. Also, it will be much cheaper for her to fly here and stay with us in our house then both of us flying down and spending lots of money and doing a couple days in hotels, etc. it's a big savings. It would be nice if not every one of our vacations were to JA every year too...we both have other places we want to go. Does anyone know if a 6 year old can fly alone?

an update on the appointment. we spoke to the mother last night and the date we picked didn't work for her...so i just went online and entered my password, etc. and it let me change the date to 2/27/06 at 9:45...which was what she wanted. it's not as much of a rush that way...

I'll be around all day :star:

Edited by doodle

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Rhonda ~ So sorry to hear about Tonys uncle...are ya'll going to JA soon?

Hope everyone is having a good day...I and seeimg more people posting approvals from Nov. I hope mine is soon...and I sure hope we dont get Administrative review...that would really suck!!!!

No, we are unable to go to Jamaica again so soon. We just can't afford it (especially since we already booked our trip to Punta Cana :blush: ) Tony hasn't even mentioned going down there - I think he knows we just can't do it right now.

Hope you get your NOA2 really soon :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

together----to answer your question, i honestly didn't look. it opened up a bunch in February and March. From my perspective it was very easy to do, so I wouldn't do it until you are ready to go to the interview soon. EXCEPT if its around xmass or summer...that's when it will get busier.

jamie-----getting this visa would be so great because his daughter can continue to see him and start travelling to america. We both think its so important to keep a good relationship and henry would love to have her for 1 month in the summer, maybe some xmass's....i want her to gain the experience and so does henry. Also, it will be much cheaper for her to fly here and stay with us in our house then both of us flying down and spending lots of money and doing a couple days in hotels, etc. it's a big savings. It would be nice if not every one of our vacations were to JA every year too...we both have other places we want to go. Does anyone know if a 6 year old can fly alone?

an update on the appointment. we spoke to the mother last night and the date we picked didn't work for her...so i just went online and entered my password, etc. and it let me change the date to 2/27/06 at 9:45...which was what she wanted. it's not as much of a rush that way...

Darah,

I agree with you, it would be cheaper for us too! We'd like to bring Tony's daughter up here but she's also (almost) 6 years old and I'm worried about her flying alone. I'm not sure how that works. Obviously someone would have to guide her through security, to her gate, make sure she gets on the plane ok and finds her seat, etc... Not to mention going through Immigration by herself. I'm not sure what process they have in place for children flying alone, especially from outside the country :huh: Tony also has a son who's only 2 1/2 but I think he's too young to be away from his mother yet. Maybe when he gets older. Good luck with everything, sorry I don't have an answer for you.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Jamie -- what are your children's names? Boys and/or girls??

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Thursday Everbody!!! :D

With regard to NC:

Hi Kimone!! - Well right now - my aunt and uncle are in the Gas House (Gastonia) and my cousins live and work in Charlotte. My mom is building a house outside Gastonia. Any business world connections that I have (clients, classmates, etc.) are in Charlotte. But I like Asheville and some other places.

Jamie: No particular reason for choosing NC - we want to move South soon and have relatives in FL, GA, AL and NC. So each group makes a pitch as to why we should move to their state.LOL So right now NC has the floor.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Jamie,

I'm so excited for you guys getting the new puppies :D That's a great way to keep Andre happy & occupied. It's also a great time to have new puppies when someone will be home with them all day. I have a 3 year old yellow labrador retriever named Harley. I just love him :luv: I was working a lot of hours when I first got him and it took me forever to potty train him because I wasn't home enough. So in that sense, now is the perfect time for you guys to get puppies since Andre isn't working yet. :yes: We want to see pics of your new babies!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning :dance:

I looked up some of the major airlines and it seems that the standard age to travel alone is 5 years or older. So you are ok! Do a search with your airline for unaccompanied minor/international travel. It seems there is a lot of limitations on what types of flights and what time the flights can be. There also seems to be a fee for some of the airlines. Definitely check it out.

Here are some of the links I found

NWA

United

US Air

Continental

Jamie,

I'm so excited for you guys getting the new puppies :D That's a great way to keep Andre happy & occupied. It's also a great time to have new puppies when someone will be home with them all day. I have a 3 year old yellow labrador retriever named Harley. I just love him :luv: I was working a lot of hours when I first got him and it took me forever to potty train him because I wasn't home enough. So in that sense, now is the perfect time for you guys to get puppies since Andre isn't working yet. :yes: We want to see pics of your new babies!

Yeah its working out perfectly. Andre is getting a little frustrated but I always gently remind that he is the one that wanted the puppies and agreed to take care of them :yes: There are adorable but FULL of energy

The dress is spectacular :star:

Glad things worked out with your daughter :yes:

Jamie -- what are your children's names? Boys and/or girls??

Both boys...Milo and Nemo...don't ask :blush::lol:

jamie...thanks for the info. it really helps. the only thing is there are virtually no non-stop flights from boston to jamrock.

hmmmmm. i'll have to think about this one.

d

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Good evening everyone,

Sorry to hear about Tony's Uncle, Rhonda, you have my condolences.

Good to hear about your pups, Jamie, one of my dogs is an Australian Sheppard mix.

Hope everyone is having a good evening, had a wonderful day, and will have a great tomorrow. :luv:

Hi Dru! How do you like your australian sheppard? I have been hearing some bad things :unsure: About how big is your dogs (pounds?)

jamie...thanks for the info. it really helps. the only thing is there are virtually no non-stop flights from boston to jamrock.

hmmmmm. i'll have to think about this one.

d

If I remember right there was an airline that would allow transfers as long as it was during the day and not overnight. Definitely shop around for the airline that will allow the most/what you need.

Milo & Nemo???? :thumbs: Animation fans???? Those are great names. We MUST see pictures soon!!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Milo & Nemo???? :thumbs: Animation fans???? Those are great names. We MUST see pictures soon!!!!

LOL :lol:

Well Milo came from the movie Milo and Otis...not sure how that came in the mix.

Nemo...well when I was in JA with Andre last Christmas we were watching the movie Finding Nemo when we heard the most awful cries outside the window. We go out there to find this little little puppy being attacked by 2 bigger dogs :help: So we rescued it and fixed it up and gave it some food. It was a cute puppy. So we named it Nemo. Andre and I kept it on his little veranda in a box and he was staying by a church. The very next day there was funeral at the church and someone STOLE our puppy out of the box on the veranda. The grill was shut and he couldn't fit through the bars so someone had to open it up and take him out of the box...he couldn't get out on his own. It was so sad :crying: So in honor of our stolen puppy we know have Nemo.

Edited by Jme3584

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.