aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

RHONDA WHERE ARE YOU?????? WHAT TIME DO YOU GET OFF WORK??????

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I am very fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work OT if I choose to. I usually live paycheck to paycheck, so I have to say I am very proud of myself for the money we have saved so far. I just want to be able to have some extra money when he gets here so I dont have to work so much OT and can spend time on our relationship. I am usually a shopaholic but since I have been working so much it has kept me out of the stores :yes::whistle:

As your fellow shopaholic, I can relate :lol: I can't even go to the mall. If I go there, I will spend money even if I don't "need" anything! I am obsessed with clothes and shoes. I have over 70 pairs of shoes :o Hang in there girl, you can do it :yes:

RHONDA WHERE ARE YOU?????? WHAT TIME DO YOU GET OFF WORK??????

As you were writing this, I was responding to your post :lol::lol: I get off at 2:30 today.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I am usually a shopaholic but since I have been working so much it has kept me out of the stores :yes::whistle:

Me too :blush: . I've really tried hard not to shop as much lately but I will buy a couple new outfits for my trip to Jamaica. My addictions are: shoes 80+ pairs in my closet at any one time and I usally donate or give away about 20 pairs a year, and handbags, and clothes and jewelry and... I spoil myself rotten :P .

Well seems like we are all SHOPAHOLICS here...I think we need to start Shopaholics Anonymous!!!

Rhonda, I am the same way if I go to a store or mall I always buy "something"..even if i dont need it...and i LOVE the clerance rack..I cannot pass up a good deal...well ya'll have me beat on the shoes I have about 50+ pairs...I usually give mine to my supervisor when I am tired of them or decide I dont like them :lol:

I am also used to getting a pedicure every 2 weeks, but I have cut that out in order to save money, plus I have not been wearing any open toed shoes lately so it has not mattered that much :hehe:

Adrian is also a big time shopper, but he just bought a dang $200 cell phone that he did not need (we got in a argument about this) so he better not buy anything else for a while....But we made a deal that since he paid so much for the phone I can splurge and get my hair straightened which is $100 :whistle:

Edited by jkb919

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted say congrats to all of you with upcoming interviews :thumbs: Joanna before you know it you will be scrambling to get ready to go down soon also.You guys are in my prayers.Everyone have a great weekend :luv: Tee

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted say congrats to all of you with upcoming interviews :thumbs: Joanna before you know it you will be scrambling to get ready to go down soon also.You guys are in my prayers.Everyone have a great weekend :luv: Tee

Thanks Tee, every little bit of encouragement helps...I was kinda down yesterday...but i am better now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well seems like we are all SHOPAHOLICS here...I think we need to start Shopaholics Anonymous!!!

Rhonda, I am the same way if I go to a store or mall I always buy "something"..even if i dont need it...and i LOVE the clerance rack..I cannot pass up a good deal...well ya'll have me beat on the shoes I have about 50+ pairs...I usually give mine to my supervisor when I am tired of them or decide I dont like them :lol:

I am also used to getting a pedicure every 2 weeks, but I have cut that out in order to save money, plus I have not been wearing any open toed shoes lately so it has not mattered that much :hehe:

Adrian is also a big time shopper, but he just bought a dang $200 cell phone that he did not need (we got in a argument about this) so he better not buy anything else for a while....But we made a deal that since he paid so much for the phone I can splurge and get my hair straightened which is $100 :whistle:

So he did get the Razr, I've got Nickiesha's packed. Of course I expect when she sees what mine can do she won't want it any more. I tried to sway her before I bought it, but... Along with being an MP3 player, it can play movies and all the old Nintendo games. She loves the old Nintendo games.

Her phone is worth double what I paid for it in JA, so I suppose she could sell it. Toys... That was one of the biggest things I disliked about JA, the toys cost so much there.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Oh, now that is a sacrifice :o I can't imagine giving up my pedicure! I get my nails and toes done every 2 weeks too. Oh my gosh, if I stopped doing that I could save about $90 a month :o Don't tell Tony that :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Great news!! Congrats :dance::dance::dance:

:dance::D:dance::P:dance::D:dance::P:dance:

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH I got an interview date, this has got to be a record in processing time. I filed January 30, just March 7. DS 230 dropped off, And my interview is APRIL 13TH Less than 3 months after filing, this seems like a record.

Congrats Eric!! :dance::dance: Hope you don't have any trouble extending your time.

Just got off the phone with the Embassy. NIckiesha has an Interview on April 7th. Now if I can just extend my stay that long... It's a couple days longer than I have vacation time left.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

YAY!!! :dance::dance: We got an approval email for our EAD today. Says we were approved on 3/16 - Michael is soooo excited :dance::dance:

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay, everyone I have finally gotten everything back and am ready to begin this process. I just have one question to find out whether this will be a problem. I have changed my name on all of my documents to my first name, maiden name and last name. When I sent the paperwork to have my passport changed, it was sent back with my first name, middle name, and married name. Will this be a problem since all of my other id's and documents use my maiden name as my middle but the passport uses my real middle name. I am planning on mailing everything first thing Monday a.m.

Aside from your passport, are the other "documents" that you're talking about legal documents or are they forms or other non-legal items? If there are any legal changes to your name send in copies of those documents/passports with your application; here in Connecticut we have to have legal name changes(marriage, divorce if you change your name back to your maiden name, or legal name changes) recorded in the town we live in. For my application I would be sending a copy of my passport, my divorce decree, and my legal name change after my divorce. Of course since you're married you would have to send your CMC too. Hopefully they will "get it" but you never know.

The papers that I was talking about was drivers license, credit cards, bank account. Everything has my maiden name as my middle name except for my passport. Well hopefully, this will work. Thanks.

I am sooooo bad also about shopping. Since I've not been working, I have been QVCing and HSNing it up like there's no tomorrow. Not to many stores here, nearest mall is 1 1/2 hours away. My retirement is no where near what I was making so now I'm getting scared about having spent so much. Just went today to furniture store and bought bedroom set. Hopefully, this has cured me, because I had to transfer money from my car savings. After I got home, I had a big wake up call. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

I am sooooo bad also about shopping. Since I've not been working, I have been QVCing and HSNing it up like there's no tomorrow. Not to many stores here, nearest mall is 1 1/2 hours away. My retirement is no where near what I was making so now I'm getting scared about having spent so much. Just went today to furniture store and bought bedroom set. Hopefully, this has cured me, because I had to transfer money from my car savings. After I got home, I had a big wake up call. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

1 1/2 hours to the nearest mall :o . I relocated about 1 1/2 years ago and I want to move again because it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to nearest malls/shopping areas, whereas where I lived before the mall was only about 5 minutes away; and I could hit 3 Walmart's and 2 Target's within a 10 mile radius :lol: and they were on my way home from work to boot!! When people come to my house and if I open my closets I say: "My name is Michele, and I am a shopaholic". They get the idea.

YAY!!! :dance::dance: We got an approval email for our EAD today. Says we were approved on 3/16 - Michael is soooo excited :dance::dance:

:dance::dance: Congratulations! BTW Julie how's the pregnancy going? Feeling ok?

Michele

Timeline

Doing great, thanks for asking (L) I'm half way there :dance: I've been lucky enough to escape most morning sickness - and I've finally gained my energy back. That first trimester is harsh :yes: ....we are so excited because we find out the sex (hopefully) on the 24th!

BTW Julie how's the pregnancy going? Feeling ok?

Michele

Edited by Sbys

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

"Have any of you regretted or doubted your decision once your SO was here?

-Are things just not what they were when you were still in the LDR?

-What do you think makes someone change their mind so quickly?

"

You all have excellent replies to this. I think what it boils down to, with the culture shock, is that it makes them TREMENDOUSLY needy. Even if they have been very independent in the past, which makes it doubly hard for them,and then they get GRUMPY. I mean, at first..your their ONLY transportation, or at least the only way of figuring out how to get somewhere. I imagine Guyana is more backwards than Jamaica, and with me somewhat working at home, my work went right out the window when he came. I had to fly to go get him, he had never done transfers, etc. etc. Just imagine someone that has NO conception of what life is like here, or how to get around, or how to read some of those big menu's in the restaurants (Lake still refuses to read menu's, he gets frustrated, puts it down and says no way can I figure this out). If its foods he is not familiar with, he gets frustrated. This is a grown man who knows how to read well, speak english well, and has travelled extensively. Same goes for job interview, filling out paperwork, etc. I did all the papers, and I didnt even ask him to help. I can only imagine going to another country that doesnt require much paperwork and having someone set this ####### in front of me and have me help them fill it out. EEEKS!

And to date, I probably not doing him any favors, but I have been doing job applications. I HATE apps. I dont know bout where your from, but each company here wants their OWN. It takes me 1/2 hour to do each one and he has NO conception of the length of time it takes. He keeps telling me "In New York, he can go shop to shop and get a job, just like that!" and snaps his fingers. Perhaps this is true, but its NOT that way here. And the poor guy has never attended an interiew and I am applying for jobs I have no idea about. :lol: He had his first interview on Friday. I must admit, sometimes I get a bit irritated at his non ability to contribute financially as well, especially as you near the end of your pennies and your worried every day about money and so are they. I know its not his fault, but I also know we are way in the hole, and he is wanting to get a good job and then go home twice a year to help out with folks at home finances. If you GET a GOOD job here, you dont up and quit every six months, and I cant get him to understand THAT either. They also come from a country where men don't listen very well to women, so....even tho YOU KNOW stuff, they take a while to figure out that you really DO know what your talking about, but in the meantime, you want to conk them on the head. Repeatedly.

But now, on the other hand, he has done a LOT of housework, dishes, he brooms the floor every day, the outside front porch, cooks, and he has no end of patience. I love the man to pieces and dont have an ounce of regret. A few worries, (money right now, and his family, and My family) but no regrets. And he is a quick learner and a very hard worker. I am old enough to realize tho, even with AMERICAN men, you need to tell them what you want and need from them, so suck it up and let them know. Men are just idiots when it comes to women, no matter where they are from. I actually have to TELL him when I want a hug, I figured no use sitting around wishing, right? And I have to tell him, "ok, NOW I want some compliments.." Its really gotten to be a joke between us, cuz he will turn around and tell me HE wants some too.... But he came from a very non affectionate household and just really doesnt have a clue.

So, sorry I have rattled on again, but really, I think as long as you communicate, it will work itself out. :lol:

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

I am old enough to realize tho, even with AMERICAN men, you need to tell them what you want and need from them, so suck it up and let them know. Men are just idiots when it comes to women, no matter where they are from.

but really, I think as long as you communicate, it will work itself out. :lol:

Jill

:whistle::yes:

I have met only met one man in my life (just friends) who was in tune with my needs; of course he was already taken (sighing). The rest needed some encouragement, but were fast learners :bonk:

:lol:

Doing great, thanks for asking (L) I'm half way there :dance: I've been lucky enough to escape most morning sickness - and I've finally gained my energy back. That first trimester is harsh :yes: ....we are so excited because we find out the sex (hopefully) on the 24th!
BTW Julie how's the pregnancy going? Feeling ok?

Michele

How exciting!! Do you and Michael have any preferences as to the sex of the baby?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.