aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning everyone.

Do you gals know if there is anyway you could speed up the K-3 process. Is there a process that you pay more money if they can speed it up or knowing the right person? Or am I just dreaming cause I don't want to wait the nine months. Just curious if there was something special cause I have 2 months to look before I apply.

One (L)

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning everyone.

Do you gals know if there is anyway you could speed up the K-3 process. Is there a process that you pay more money if they can speed it up or knowing the right person? Or am I just dreaming cause I don't want to wait the nine months. Just curious if there was something special cause I have 2 months to look before I apply.

One (L)

Jax

Jax-

I am afraid to say.........but NO!!!! Well........there is a waiver that you can file but there are certain things that qualify. I think these are a few:

Extreme Financial Hardship

Illness

Death of Immediate Family

I think if there was a way to speed it up.....we ALL would have gone that route because waiting is not fun for any of us. It is the main reason I went the K-1 route. The immigration attorney I used (who I recently fired cause he left on vacation for 3 weeks wihout telling anyone.... :angry: ) told me the pros and cons of both. K-3 is a little longer wait but your spouse can obtain the greencard, EAD and LPR status upon entry in the US. The K-1 is usually faster but you need to file for EAD and AOS after entry/after marriage!!! :whistle:

I have NO patience at all so we went the K-1 route...........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

do not want to make alot of new friends here. He says his friends are in JA

Roy has made some friends at school -- but just like Damien, he really doesn't want to have too much to do with them. I am hoping once he gets a job -- which might be hard for a trans-Jamaican :lol: <I have to make fun of this or I will cry :unsure:> Really, I am hoping once he gets a job he will find some guys to "play" with. Hey, I need my time too!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Good Morning everyone.

One (L)

Jax

:no::no: I know it's hard, this really won't help...but use your time wisely.....I would not have changed my wait for the world.....from what I know now :no::thumbs:

I want to see a picture of Mindy with her crazy sef :blink::lol::lol: I think that I have covered all the excuses :hehe:

THE TRUTH: I am a vampire and cannot be photographed :lol: :lol:

Okay Dee -- next week we are going to San Diego to see my sister -- THE DIGITAL PHOTO QUEEN -- I promise you by Monday, June 19 <okay, maybe not that soon - but sometime that week> there will be pictures of us up on Yahoo!!

I knew it :lol: ......I'm sure you'll have fun is San Diego. My brother used to live there. They live in Farfield now, not far for Sacramento. Well' be going to visit next month I hope.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Roy got his EAD card in the mail too :dance: :dance:

For all of you wondering -- yes, he is a FEMALE. Those idiots put that on the card. Do the problems ever end???? :bonk:

Popcorn -- Congratulations to Richie!! :dance: How is the "big boy?"

Leo -- So glad to see you back and doing well. Don't be such a stranger!!

Jules -- My sister used to freeze her milk and we would have to defrost it. We would boil water in the microwave and put the bottle in the water to defrost. That way it never got too hot. I would be afraid to do the formula/milk direct because when you microwave things they get hotter after taken out....

Congrats on the EAD card. So what do you do tochange it?

Roy has made some friends at school -- but just like Damien, he really doesn't want to have too much to do with them. I am hoping once he gets a job -- which might be hard for a trans-Jamaican :lol: <I have to make fun of this or I will cry :unsure:> Really, I am hoping once he gets a job he will find some guys to "play" with. Hey, I need my time too!!!

D makes friends rather easily, but claims that he doesn't believe in going to peoples yard hanging out. He says he uncomfortable having other people in his home as well :huh: Even his two closest friend in Ja, he says they go out, but never really step into each others home. :huh: When we go to the gym, everyone knows his name I'm like ####### I'm been coming here for two years no one has ever noticed me before, now I'm spiderman's wife(I have no idea) :wacko::blink: He has been invited to play on two soccor teams, He trains with two others :blink: They call him on the phone and he doesn't member who they are :blink:

Just checking in....I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Damien is working alot of OT this week - he's working from 8am to 10pm tomorrow. Now he's over his friend house playing dominios while I'm babysitting 5 girls :wacko:

Congrats on the EAD Popcorn and Richie.

Sorry about the mix up on Roy's EAD card. I hope it can up cleared up with no problems.

Good to see you Leo.

Dee - we'll add our pictures soon.

My weekend is going well, I'll finish up computer duty about four thirty. If I don't get any calls I'll head home. I have a dance hangover from dancing til 2 in the moring and having to get back up a seven. :blink:

D went out to get a hair cut on his own yesterday and got lost. He keep saying I'm on the other side of the river??? :wacko: All the while I'm trying to direct him on how to get back on track, He was on the other side of a lake :o:blink::wacko: which makes a lot of difference in the directions :wacko: IDIOT TING DAT :lol::lol:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Squitto on everything :dance::dance::dance:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks guys for your comments. i'll definitely look for that bottle warmer too. when my milk came in, my boobs were the size of dolly parton's (okay not really but almost) and the pain was horrible. it even overshadowed the pain i had from the stitches i received. thankfully they no longer hurt and i still have milk (which the baby doesnt want). i bought a breast pump and i could be there pumping from now til eternity and only 1 teaspoon of milk comes out. i therefore gave that up. Jaden latches on sometimes which results in me seeing stars in front of my eyes (ouch!) but i guess the breastmilk doesnt flow as much as the bottle does so he stops after a few minutes.

he was getting similac advance, but yesterday i purchased nestle's goodstart supreme. hope there's nothing wrong with that. will have to ask the pediatrician tomorrow. he seems to be getting an awful tummyache though which i hear is gas and at night he cries. now he doesnt want to sleep in the crib or on the bed. the only time he sleeps for any lengthy period is when he's in someone's arms. i havent had a good night's sleep since thursday and my mom and sister are helping. i cant imagine what would have happened if they werent.

he weighed 7lbs+ at birth and he seems really big now.

67654.png

Timeline

hi

i have a question for all u mothers. is there a downside to microwaving formula after u've mixed it and stored it in the refrigerator? has anyone ever done that?

Did it all the time after I stopped breast feeding.

I want to see a picture of Mindy with her crazy sef :blink::lol::lol: I think that I have covered all the excuses :hehe:

THE TRUTH: I am a vampire and cannot be photographed :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Timeline

Just checking in....I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Damien is working alot of OT this week - he's working from 8am to 10pm tomorrow. Now he's over his friend house playing dominios while I'm babysitting 5 girls :wacko:

Sorry about the mix up on Roy's EAD card. I hope it can up cleared up with no problems.

Good to see you Leo.

Just curious........

This brings up a question I have for everyone........where does your husband meet friends to hang out with? I know Duane has tons of friends in Jamaica and he is really friendly so I am sure he won't have trouble making friends but where do they find em?????

Happy Sunday. Good question. Damien is very friendly but really do not want to make alot of new friends here. He says his friends are in JA. His co-workers are always inviting him out but he never go for some reason. Not having his drivers license yet may have something to do with it. The guys house he was over last night is a friend of a friend - they hit it off right away. He's Jamaican and lives around the corner. But all they do is drink beer, play dominioes and talk trash every once in awhile..... they don't go anywhere. I can't wait until Damien find friends to hang out with. Until then....it's just me & him (L) .

Dee - Glad to hear you daughter is okay (F)

Since Trevor's not here yet, I don't know how he'll do. There are a lot of Jamaicans here, but Trevor is so introverted. He only has 2 friends that he hangs with in JA and one of them is his cousin.

Good Morning everyone.

One (L)

Jax

If you find a way, please, please :help: let me know!!!!!!

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Timeline

D makes friends rather easily, but claims that he doesn't believe in going to peoples yard hanging out. He says he uncomfortable having other people in his home as well :huh: Even his two closest friend in Ja, he says they go out, but never really step into each others home. :huh: When we go to the gym, everyone knows his name I'm like ####### I'm been coming here for two years no one has ever noticed me before, now I'm spiderman's wife(I have no idea) :wacko::blink: He has been invited to play on two soccor teams, He trains with two others :blink: They call him on the phone and he doesn't member who they are :blink:

Good to see you Leo.

My weekend is going well, I'll finish up computer duty about four thirty. If I don't get any calls I'll head home. I have a dance hangover from dancing til 2 in the moring and having to get back up a seven. :blink:

D went out to get a hair cut on his own yesterday and got lost. He keep saying I'm on the other side of the river??? :wacko: All the while I'm trying to direct him on how to get back on track, He was on the other side of a lake :o:blink::wacko: which makes a lot of difference in the directions :wacko: IDIOT TING DAT :lol::lol:

Hey Dee-

If you get out to Fairfield to visit your Bro...look up Jonesie and me!!! Both of us do not live that far from your brother.....about an hour or so for me and about 30 minutes for Jonesie. It would be kinda fun for all of us to hook up and hang out. :thumbs::thumbs:

:(

thanks guys for your comments. i'll definitely look for that bottle warmer too. when my milk came in, my boobs were the size of dolly parton's (okay not really but almost) and the pain was horrible. it even overshadowed the pain i had from the stitches i received. thankfully they no longer hurt and i still have milk (which the baby doesnt want). i bought a breast pump and i could be there pumping from now til eternity and only 1 teaspoon of milk comes out. i therefore gave that up. Jaden latches on sometimes which results in me seeing stars in front of my eyes (ouch!) but i guess the breastmilk doesnt flow as much as the bottle does so he stops after a few minutes.

he was getting similac advance, but yesterday i purchased nestle's goodstart supreme. hope there's nothing wrong with that. will have to ask the pediatrician tomorrow. he seems to be getting an awful tummyache though which i hear is gas and at night he cries. now he doesnt want to sleep in the crib or on the bed. the only time he sleeps for any lengthy period is when he's in someone's arms. i havent had a good night's sleep since thursday and my mom and sister are helping. i cant imagine what would have happened if they werent.

he weighed 7lbs+ at birth and he seems really big now.

Definately talk with the pediatrician....my son had bad gas and tummy aches when I switched from breast over to formula. The doctor switched him to soy formula and that did the trick!!! He stopped crying and fussing...finally slept in his little crib after that......oh..those were the days....... :(

Now he is all grown...acting like my daddy and such...... :whistle::whistle:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Hey Dee-

If you get out to Fairfield to visit your Bro...look up Jonesie and me!!! Both of us do not live that far from your brother.....about an hour or so for me and about 30 minutes for Jonesie. It would be kinda fun for all of us to hook up and hang out. :thumbs::thumbs:

Now he is all grown...acting like my daddy and such...... :whistle::whistle:

Okay (F) my plan is for us to leave the last week in July....That is if I have the airfare purchased by the 23rd of June. :thumbs:

Edited by Dee&Dav

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good to see you Leo.

Mindy - I feel 'ya on "me" time. Sometimes I wonder if Damien will ever go out with friends :blush:.

Dee - everyone knows Damien at our gym as well. Like D he is terrible with names...it drives me crazy :wacko: He'll work out with someone for hours weekly and still don't know their name.

And our neighbors knows him more than me. They always speak to him. He's very friendly.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everyone!!!

just checking in...moved into the apartement with some minor problems.....but other than that all is good...can't to leave in 11 days to get my mike fix :yes::lol::innocent:

paging miss kimmy... :P

kelly did you fall off the face of the earth???? :P

hope all is well with everyone!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.