26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

WE SUBMITTED MY HUSBANDS WAIVER ON NOVEMBER 29, 2012 AND IT IS FINALLY APPROVED. IT WAS APPROVED FRIDAY JANUARY 11, 2012, I CALLED TODAY AND THE LADY TOLD ME THAT OUR WAIVER WAS APPROVED AND THAT MY HUSBAND HAD A PACKET READY TO BE PICKED UP AT THE DHL LOCATION. HE WENT TO PICK IT THIS MORNING AND THE INSTRUCTION LETTER TELLS HIM TO SEND IN HIS PASSPORT ALONG WITH THAT LETTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IM SO HAPPY, WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY WE ARE, I WAS LITERALLY CRYING WHEN I FOUND OUT. GOD IS GREAT :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION, AFTER HE SENDS THE PASSPORT IN WHAT WILL BE NEXT? HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO GET HIS VISA IN HAND SO HE CAN FINALLY COME HOME?

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSES :) GOD BLESS YOU ALL (F)

Timeline

First of all Congratulations!!!! It is such a wonderful feeling when you hear those final words, "waiver approved" I cried, jumped around like an idiot, and thanked God when I heard it with my husband.

Your husband is sending in his Passport so that they can print his Visa into it, our case was a little different because my husband had to return to CDJ for a 2nd Medical (approval updated in the system 1 wk after the 6 month expiration) so he delivered his directly. From the time he left it at the consulate to when they delivered it to DF it took about a week for him to get the passport with visa in hand (this included a weekend). You will need to factor in delivery time from where your husband lives to CDJ, processing time, and if i'm not mistaken they return it to him express overnight or next day. Delivery is also tricky check the DHL site often and have him call as well, in our case they waited to update the system 5mins before the office closed and had to wait till the next morning to pick it up (good memories, lol) He will also get in the box a sealed black plastic envelope with DO NOT OPEN written across it. This needs to be carried with him (not packed in checked luggage) on his flight home and given to the Customs Agent at his POE (according to my husband, its just his waiver packet)

I recommend you start searching for return flights home but DO NOT buy until he has his VISA in hand, you don't want to have to pay to change the dates of the flight. I brought my honey home within a week. Good Luck and Congratulations again!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Is there anyway you could explain your hardship that the waiver was approved under?

First of all Congratulations!!!! It is such a wonderful feeling when you hear those final words, "waiver approved" I cried, jumped around like an idiot, and thanked God when I heard it with my husband.

Your husband is sending in his Passport so that they can print his Visa into it, our case was a little different because my husband had to return to CDJ for a 2nd Medical (approval updated in the system 1 wk after the 6 month expiration) so he delivered his directly. From the time he left it at the consulate to when they delivered it to DF it took about a week for him to get the passport with visa in hand (this included a weekend). You will need to factor in delivery time from where your husband lives to CDJ, processing time, and if i'm not mistaken they return it to him express overnight or next day. Delivery is also tricky check the DHL site often and have him call as well, in our case they waited to update the system 5mins before the office closed and had to wait till the next morning to pick it up (good memories, lol) He will also get in the box a sealed black plastic envelope with DO NOT OPEN written across it. This needs to be carried with him (not packed in checked luggage) on his flight home and given to the Customs Agent at his POE (according to my husband, its just his waiver packet)

I recommend you start searching for return flights home but DO NOT buy until he has his VISA in hand, you don't want to have to pay to change the dates of the flight. I brought my honey home within a week. Good Luck and Congratulations again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats!!!! :thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Timeline

Is there anyway you could explain your hardship that the waiver was approved under?

well im not sure what you mean, but in my husbands waiver packet and letter i had evidence that am a college student,working part time with a minimum wage. proof of all my bills. that was pretty much it :) I honestly thought that i was going to get a RFE because I didnt think it would be enough for his waiver to approved so quickly. thank GOD it has been approved. good luck to you :star:

Timeline

well im not sure what you mean, but in my husbands waiver packet and letter i had evidence that am a college student,working part time with a minimum wage. proof of all my bills. that was pretty much it :) I honestly thought that i was going to get a RFE because I didnt think it would be enough for his waiver to approved so quickly. thank GOD it has been approved. good luck to you :star:

Thank you for sharing with us. This is really going to help me when the time comes (if needed) to write my letter. Once again, congratulations and best wishes to you both

Timeline

HI, would you please tell us when you submitted your I-601 , just to see how loong i might have to wait. I submitted my I-601 on December 13th , im praying ill have my husband home soon !

Edited by jhoena&victor

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, lol a lot in my waiver. We have been married over 8 years, have three children. My parents are disabled and we care for them, i work ft as a teacher. I already pay for his health/life insurance, our childrens prescriptions are really expensive...the mayor and other church members wrote letters of support and signed petitions for his return. The thing about hardships are you need to prove hardships because the more they see of the same thing, the more likely that theu say no. I even heard that autism in a child is no longer immigration hardship because it was over used. We were some of the last to apply in juarez, im not sure about the new system though. Blessings to everyone. Btw if anyone knows how long itll be before dhl has his packet plz let me know. Thanks!!

Congratulationssss ! :thumbs:

hi , when did you submit your I-601 ? how long was the wait ? :hehe:

We submitted waiver nov21 Approved jan 15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.