justkris

Question from FOrm-I 130

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

i am filling Form I-130 and In that Question 17 says List Husband/wife and all children of your relative.....

so i my question is do i have to write my wife's name as she is the PETITIONER and i am the beneficiary...

thank you very much.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

i am filling Form I-130 and In that Question 17 says List Husband/wife and all children of your relative.....

so i my question is do i have to write my wife's name as she is the PETITIONER and i am the beneficiary...

thank you very much.

Remember - She is the petitioner and you are the beneficiary.

In Q 17 - It is her information NOT your.....

She is filling for you, her alien relative (husband).... it has to be her information in Q#17. :thumbs:

The petitioner fills out form I-130, not the immigrant. The petitioner puts his/her own name there, if petitioning their spouse.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

Actually you are a correct. In your case it should be your wife's name, her relationship with you, her DOB and her country of birth. This question is worded strangely. I had some issues with it too. My lawyer clarified it. Basically it's the list of relatives of the Beneficiary... In this case the beneficiary's relative is the spouse who is your wife and happened to be the petitioner. If YOU have any children (NOT your wife's children with a different father, if any) you should add them too.

thank you very much.

Edited by inqztve

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Remember - She is the petitioner and you are the beneficiary.

In Q 17 - It is her information NOT your.....

She is filling for you, her alien relative (husband).... it has to be her information in Q#17. :thumbs:

She is the petitioner and you are the beneficiary. your name is already in I-130 LETTER C. Information about you . in # 17 is all the names of your kids.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.