Found Frolicking

2012 Canadian Applicants Thread

35 posts in this topic

A lot of the horse scenes were filmed in badlands so not close to the mountains at all.

I have lived most of my life being able to see the mountains most days.

I’m going to miss that.

Hubby calls me a Mountain Snob because I call the Smoky Mountains hills. :P

Edited by hikergirl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My hubby and I met online playing Reapers in 2011; we chatted for months and he decided to fly into Buffalo from Texas to visit me in Ontario; we were stopped at the Canadian Border due to a DUI in 1987 while serving in the Military; he has been sober since; it was alcohol or the Army; he chose the Army; served 23 yrs for his Country and a Federal Marshall and Canada would not let him visit. So I traveled back and forth to Texas; we applied for a TRP March 2012; he then sold his house in Texas and packed up his life to move to Niagara Falls NY to be closer to me; we leased a lovely little home and I travel from Hamilton Ontario to Niagara Falls NY every weekend with our dogs...we were married in Manitou Springs CO in a beautiful Lodge in the side of a red rock mountain; we were the only two there...it was beautiful....3 weeks ago he was approved to visit Canada and has been here with me since YAY !! ..it is truly HEAVEN to live under the same roof as my Love .... we will head back to Texas once we are approved....since having here with me in Canada the stress is a lot less....my heart goes out to ya'all that are so far apart....I just wish our NOA2 would get approved soon...uuugghhh lol

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

A lot of the horse scenes were filmed in badlands so not close to the mountains at all.

I have lived most of my life being able to see the mountains most days.

I’m going to miss that.

Hubby calls me a Mountain Snob because I call the Smoky Mountains hills. :P

LOL!!!

I can't wait to be in Denver and see the mountains all the time. I miss them. Where I live, you can't see them.

I grew up in the Okanagan so I have an affinity for mountains and lakes. ;) Hubs grew up in Alabama but has decided he loves mountains. He took so many pictures on the way back from our wedding (driving from BC to AB.) I think the Rockies make him awestruck.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Went to my health unit today to make an appointment to catch up on any missing vaccinations for me and kiddo and the closest appointment was April 2. I was a little surprised it was going to take that long. Luckily I didn’t wait too much longer.

Got my police check applied for today. The Commissionaire said I should have it back on Monday.

The baby steps are making me feel better about the process. I hate the feeling of being in limbo.

I have to admit that I am not going to miss our cold winters. At all.

Went to my health unit today to make an appointment to catch up on any missing vaccinations for me and kiddo and the closest appointment was April 2. I was a little surprised it was going to take that long. Luckily I didn't wait too much longer.

Got my police check applied for today. The Commissionaire said I should have it back on Monday.

The baby steps are making me feel better about the process. I hate the feeling of being in limbo.

I have to admit that I am not going to miss our cold winters. At all.

How about short summers? Like it's May 29th and snowing? Oh and it's Sept 29th and snowing?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.