doelin

about AOS

7 posts in this topic

i am always relieve bringing up my worries and confusion everytime i am here.and thanks to those ever supportive members!once again i am here hoping to get help.i am already married but my I-94 will expire next month.my concern is..do i really need to apply for my AOS right before the expiration of my I-94?and if ever i could not apply for AOS and my I-94 will expire do i be deliberately out of status?honestly because of the expenditure thru out processing since k-1 visa until my travel here.my husband still trying to raise the amount we need to pay for the AOS :-( i hoping for help once again and advises are highly appreciated.

and one thing,is medical here in USA is one of requirement for AOS?or records of the saint lukes will be okay?my sincerest gratitude for the help..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

NO, you do not need to apply for AOS before the I-94 expires. As long as you were married before the 90 day mark all is good. Delaying AOS will not be an issue. As for the medical, the one you had at St. Luke's is good for a year so as long as you file for AOS before reaching that date you should be good. In theory you only need to send in the 3025 vaccination record, but many have said to go to a civil surgeon and have the 3025 transcribed to the 693 and send that with your application - that is what we did just to avoid an RFE for not having the 693.

** note: some civil surgeons try to stiff you for a medical exam when you go to them to transcribe the 3025 to the 693. The civil surgeon we found only did the transcribing without issue.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

NO, you do not need to apply for AOS before the I-94 expires. As long as you were married before the 90 day mark all is good. Delaying AOS will not be an issue. As for the medical, the one you had at St. Luke's is good for a year so as long as you file for AOS before reaching that date you should be good. In theory you only need to send in the 3025 vaccination record, but many have said to go to a civil surgeon and have the 3025 transcribed to the 693 and send that with your application - that is what we did just to avoid an RFE for not having the 693.

** note: some civil surgeons try to stiff you for a medical exam when you go to them to transcribe the 3025 to the 693. The civil surgeon we found only did the transcribing without issue.

:star: you are really an angel hank,thank so very much.....i am happy now and relieve!!!i fell pity for my husband working hard wish i could work now too.so,that i can help him.but,unluckily until npow SSA can not even issue me SSN for they said i do not have any record fro homeland :-( it seems all the trial falling down on me!!!i know god will give me smile one day,,,again a million thanks hank,god bless you.:innocent:

Timeline

Really you records are not showing up at SSA? You are like the 5th or 6th I have read of having issues with SSA and DHS regarding records, wonder what is up?

We applied for the EA (Employment Authorization) card and AP card when we did AOS being they are free when filing then, USCIS sent a combo card in a couple months for the EA/AP and then my wife got her green card a month or two after that. Once you get the EA card you can work... I know sort of like a Catch 22 at the moment.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Really you records are not showing up at SSA? You are like the 5th or 6th I have read of having issues with SSA and DHS regarding records, wonder what is up?

We applied for the EA (Employment Authorization) card and AP card when we did AOS being they are free when filing then, USCIS sent a combo card in a couple months for the EA/AP and then my wife got her green card a month or two after that. Once you get the EA card you can work... I know sort of like a Catch 22 at the moment.

thank you hank!we are tired of calling SSA.USCIS and other sourse,it takes forever and so frustrating.what i am thinking now.maybe i had to wait for EAD/AP and by then i have to reapply for SSN.im sure they will not tell us, i do not any record in homeland at that time :-( and what is Catch 22?congratulation to your wife it seems she got her CG at very short span of time waiting.

Edited by doelin

Timeline

Catch 22 is a satire movie, in essense to get "this" done you need to do "this other thing" but you can't do "this other thing" until "this" is done... so you can never do anything.. :lol:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Catch 22 is a satire movie, in essense to get "this" done you need to do "this other thing" but you can't do "this other thing" until "this" is done... so you can never do anything.. :lol:

LOL :no: well,a never ending of praise and gratitude for a big help!!now,i can sleep well!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.