felipe2121

Removal of Conditons Interview after Divorce Input appreciated

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

HI everyone on this forum!!!

Its been a while since I last posted on here and I want to start off by Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!

I received my temporary green card on 05/05/2010 , and have since filed for the removal of conditions and had the green card extended by 1 yr. I received notice today after 7 months that my appoint would be next Friday which seems kind of odd less than two weeks since receiving the mail? is this normal?

So long story short, I had divorced my Ex-wife because she decided to become a stripper, me and her family have had a very good

relationship but even her family couldn't help her which left me with no choice.

My marriage was true and loving, never really gathered a lot of evidence like bills and stuff because I wasnt trying to build a case actually

I thought this was the love of my life and it would last for ever. I do have pictures, tax returns, affidavits and some bills that I managed to get.

I have hired a attorney who tells me not to worry, that he will prep me one day before and he thinks its a good case.

I know deep inside that i shouldnt worry because I have done nothing wrong but I always get nervous at these interviews. What can I expect at these interviews? What sort of questions would they ask? Also what are usually the chances of approval/denial?

On top of all this I have fallen in Love again and I want to marry again a ex marine girl....If I get denied for the removal of conditions how could a new marriage help me? I love this country very much and actually have planned to apply my college education to the military except that they wont take me since my green card is expiring.

I greatly appreciate any input/help, thank you!!!

I think you are in a good shape, try to get affidavits from your in laws that your marriage is real… etc. you have a very big valid reason for divorce. Just be prepared with documents. Regarding your second question, I think you should think about your current case. And DON’T volunteer with extra information to the IO. Let this case finish then think about your next step in life. However, if you would like a relief, even if this case is denied, and you get married to your GF, you can do AOS. But they will give you an intensive interview since this would be your second petition through marriage to USC :thumbs:

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You sholuld not ahve any issues especially with an attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys so just an update, the interview went fine even though they had some really weird questions and at one point I thought I would get it denied.

They approved me on the spot....Hurray next stop citizenship!

congratulation :thumbs: try to share your interview experience

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.