CanadiaGirl

I-751 Package - Is this good to go?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My conditional is done March (3rd to be exact) of this year. With that I'm looking to file this week. Not that this entirely matters but DH and I will be married for 4 years come April 2013.

I just want to check if all of this evidence is sufficient. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Here's my Cover letter.

"1/9/2013

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:

Amanda B, USCIS # [Number}

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, Amanda B. Please also find a money order for $590, the fee for this form. My wife entered the US on a CR-1. We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife Amanda B.

• Enclosed with the I-751 is an Additional Information page – Previous addresses lived.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copies of the passports and green cards of Amanda B.

• Copy of New York State Drivers License for Amanda B

• Copy of New York State Drivers License for Paul B

• Copy of rental agreement

• Copy of 2011 Tax statements filed as married, but not jointly

• Copy of Fertility treatments with Paul B and Amanda B.

• Copy of Positive Pregnancy Blood test (resulting in our 3rd medically documented Miscarriage at 8 weeks)

• Ultrasound from pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage.

• Copy of 2 shared AMEX credit card with transactions by Paul B and Amanda B

• Copy of Homeowners Insurance Bill addressed to both Paul and Amanda B.

• Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership.

• Copy of Holiday Cards addressed to Paul and Amanda B.

• Copy of various Bank statements showing a joint account at NBT Bank.

• A copy of our hotel reservations for our 3rd wedding anniversary vacation we took to Montreal, Canada in April of 2012.

• A copy of our airline reservations for a vacation that we took to Dominican Republic in August of 2012.

• Pictures of vacations taken in April and August of 2012.

• Pictures from our wedding April 18th 2009

• Labeled pictures of our married life together post Entry into the United States.

• Copies of various mail items to the address both of us reside at.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

--------------------------------

The information I've provided I'm a tiny bit worried about. I didn't get a bank account until I had a job in the US. I opened my bank account October 2011 and had my husband put on the savings account November 2011 (I included that statement) then a few others throughout the year.

The vacations we took were all in 2012 as we weren't in a place financially to really go on vacation. I do have tons of photos (photographer)and will have them labeled with our label maker. Question is should I put this on the front of the photo or is the back ok? I'll be sure to put them in chronological order.

My uneasiness is about our taxes. We really didn't know how to file jointly last year. But we did file as married on both of our taxes (does this matter or should I take it out all together?)

I did include our Fertility treatments because I read somewhere that pregnancy and ultrasounds were a good thing to add. This would let them know that while we don't have children it hasn't been for lack of trying.

Our joint ownership of our new car was just in 2012. I'm getting a bit worried only because a lot of our documentation is in 2012 and late 2011. I've heard a few get an RFE. Hopefully photos of friends with their babies 'growing' will kind of help with timelines as well.

I'm not sure if this will be of assistance but my husband and I do both work together at the same company. Should I provide pay stubs from the same work place? I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

Also I'll be sending this out with a money order (for traceability) should we also send it out via Certified Mail? (I was going to do this but want to be sure it's still ok to do)

Edited by CanadiaGirl

04/18/2009: When two became one

USCIS

03/04/2010: Submitted I-130

06/29/2010: NOA2

NVC

09/02/2010: 1-864 & IV Paid

10/16/2010: 1-864 delivered to NVC

10/27/2010: IV Package delivered to NVC

11/18/2010: AVR "Case Complete" at the NVC

02/14/2011: Medical

02/23/2011: Interview APPROVED!!!!

03/04/2011: Visa Recieved

03/04/2011: POE: Lewiston Bridge, Buffalo, NY

ROC

01/12/2013: I-751 Packet Submitted

01/14/2013: I-751 Packet Received (via certified mail)

01/18/2013: NOA1 Letter Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

My conditional is done March (3rd to be exact) of this year. With that I'm looking to file this week. Not that this entirely matters but DH and I will be married for 4 years come April 2013.

I just want to check if all of this evidence is sufficient. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Here's my Cover letter.

"1/9/2013

75 Lower Welden St.

P.O. Box 200

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, Amanda B. Please also find a money order for $590, the fee for this form. My wife entered the US on a CR-1. We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife Amanda B.

• Enclosed with the I-751 is an Additional Information page – Previous addresses lived.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copy of Positive Pregnancy Blood test (resulting in our 3rd medically documented Miscarriage at 8 weeks)

• A copy of our hotel reservations for our 3rd wedding anniversary vacation we took to Montreal, Canada in April of 2012.

• A copy of our airline reservations for a vacation that we took to Dominican Republic in August of 2012.

• Labeled pictures of our married life together post Entry into the United States.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

The information I've provided I'm a tiny bit worried about. I didn't get a bank account until I had a job in the US. I opened my bank account October 2011 and had my husband put on the savings account November 2011 (I included that statement) then a few others throughout the year.

The vacations we took were all in 2012 as we weren't in a place financially to really go on vacation. I do have tons of photos (photographer)and will have them labeled with our label maker. Question is should I put this on the front of the photo or is the back ok? I'll be sure to put them in chronological order.

My uneasiness is about our taxes. We really didn't know how to file jointly last year. But we did file as married on both of our taxes (does this matter or should I take it out all together?)

I did include our Fertility treatments because I read somewhere that pregnancy and ultrasounds were a good thing to add. This would let them know that while we don't have children it hasn't been for lack of trying.

Our joint ownership of our new car was just in 2012. I'm getting a bit worried only because a lot of our documentation is in 2012 and late 2011. I've heard a few get an RFE. Hopefully photos of friends with their babies 'growing' will kind of help with timelines as well.

I'm not sure if this will be of assistance but my husband and I do both work together at the same company. Should I provide pay stubs from the same work place? I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

Also I'll be sending this out with a money order (for traceability) should we also send it out via Certified Mail? (I was going to do this but want to be sure it's still ok to do)

Why don't you just become a citizen, you qualify after 3 years of marriage to a USC.

Timeline

Why don't you just become a citizen, you qualify after 3 years of marriage to a USC.

I guess I'm a bit unsure as to this route and a bit uneasy if this will take longer then to renew our green card. I really don't' want to end up with an expired green card. Not to mention I really have no clue how to go about this or just what it's going to entail. (Yes I will read up on it)

Also when I did toy with getting the N-400 I noticed that it says you have to reside in the USA for 3 years while being married to a USC or 5 years if not married. So I haven't been in the USA for a total of 3 years. It's only been 2 years once March comes. Even the forums state that you have to be in the USA for 3 years.

"

8.1)...When can I apply for United States citizenship?

A...As a spouse of a US Citizen, you can apply for citizenship 3 (three) years after approval of your Adjustment of Status. Your approval may be noted via any of the following: approval notice (I-797), on your passport (I-551 stamp and date), your green card ("resident since" date). The 3 year countdown begins with that date. This 3 year period does not include long absences from the United States.

8.4)...Can I still apply for Naturalization even though my I-751 has not yet been approved?

A..Some people will wait over a year for the I-751 approval, so yes, even though the I-751 has not yet been approved, you can still apply for Naturalization. What happens is the I-751 will be processed either before or as part of the Naturalization process, since the I-751 must be approved in order for you to apply for Naturalization 3 years after AOS based on marriage to a US Citizen. This all means that you do not have to wait for the I-751 approval, but it may mean a delay in the Naturalization process. "

Edited by CanadiaGirl

USCIS

NVC

ROC

Timeline

Any one else? Please..

USCIS

NVC

ROC

Here's my Cover letter.

"1/9/2013

75 Lower Welden St.

P.O. Box 200

Dear USCIS examiner:

Sincerely,

Good package and I would throw in these. 2010 tax transcript also explain to them why you filed separately, utility bills, insurance card with both names, 401k of any of you with the spouse as beneficiary. You don't have to get them all but some added to what you already have.

Naturalization

04/08/2013 - N-400 Mailed

07/22/2013 - N-400 Recommended for approval

08/13/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Officially a US citizen.

08/20/2013 - I-130 for Mom mailed

09/02/2013 - NOA received

03/04/2014 - I-130 Approval

Timeline

Good package and I would throw in these. 2010 tax transcript also explain to them why you filed separately, utility bills, insurance card with both names, 401k of any of you with the spouse as beneficiary. You don't have to get them all but some added to what you already have.

Thank you! 2010 I was not a US resident so didn't file for that reason. So i think including that would be a mute point? I have my 2010 Canadian tax returns?

My husband has his 401k with my name on it. Mine I'm still setting up with my company since my full time hire late October. I will include his though, Insurance card I was the beneficiary last year this year we split up our health insurance as we wanted to start an HSA with him but keep me under a FSA low deductible while I was going through fertility treatments. My treatments were going to cost an arm and a leg under the high deductible policy. Utilities are all under my DH. Thank you again I will be sure to include the health insurance (we also have fidelity car and homeowners insurance which i did include), and his 401k naming me as the beneficiary.

Thank you again for your suggestions they were very helpful!

What do you think about the PP suggested? I didn't think I was eligible to file for the N-400. Just want to be sure I didn't misunderstand something.

USCIS

NVC

ROC

Timeline

does it look bad if the paper that shows I'm his beneficiary was signed today? Some how he didn't realize that he neglected to elect me as a beneficiary. I'm worried about how this may look to the person looking at my packet,

USCIS

NVC

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

does it look bad if the paper that shows I'm his beneficiary was signed today? Some how he didn't realize that he neglected to elect me as a beneficiary. I'm worried about how this may look to the person looking at my packet,

I think you have a very good evidence of continued relationship. One or two misses in maintaining a perfect joint financial relationship is not going to be an issue. Yes, getting one piece done now is not bad - it prooves that you guys forgot one and took care of it and that too is evidence of continuing relationship.

If you want get two affidavits from relatives or friends and add those else just be cool and all the best.

Edited by Navyk

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.