12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Preparing my package and hoping to send it off tomorrow or the day after. Wanted to double check and see if anyone thinks I am missing any key items. What do you think?

Cover Letter Listing the Following Documents (Copied format from one of the other VJ posts)

-Payment in the amount of $590.00

-I-751 Petition to Remove conditions on Residence

-Copy of Green Card (front and back) for Person A

-Copy of Driver's Licenses for Person A and Person B

-Copy of Medical Insurance card showing Person B as a dependent of Person A

-Copy of Dental insurance cards and a statement showing employee, Person B and dependent Person A

-Copy of Renter Insurance Policy renewal (as of 2012) of the current residence for Person A and Person B

-Copy of membership card of Costco for Person A and Person B

-Copy of credit cards, under one account for Marriott and Banana Republic, for Person A and Person B

-Copies of a selected gas bills addressed to both Person B and Person A

RESIDENCE

-Copy of current residence rental lease signed in 2007 – document shows that this lease expired in 2008 but we still live here as shown through licenses and other evidence

-Copy of our mortgage loan application with conditional approval, from Bank A and Bank B, with Person A and B as applicants (We later decided to not pursue so there are no mortgages to show)

FINANCE

-Copy of our Tax transcripts for 2010 and 2011, both filed jointly

-Copy of 3 shared AMEX credit card with transactions by Person A and Person B, over the past two years

-Copy of 401K plan B for Person B and beneficiary info named Person A

-Copy of 401K plan A for Person A and beneficiary info named Person B

We have a negligible amount in our joint savings so decided not to include it as that account is meaningless

PICTURES

-Sample of pics from our wedding (Date)

-Trip to XXXX (Honeymoon-December 2010) travel arrangement info and pics

-Trip to XXXX (Month/Date) travel arrangements and pics.

-Trip to Europe (September 2011) travel arrangements and pics.

-Trip #1 to XXX (June 2012) for friends wedding, travel arrangements and pics.

-Trip #2 to XXX (December 2012), with family, travel arrangements and pics.

-Misc pics - Montreal, New Years celebrations with friends at our apartment

Timeline

Do you have any affidavits? If I were you I would get two affidavits and you are good to go. :)

No affidavits, our parents dont live near us and seems like an odd request for close friends. Can I get an RFE based without an affidavit?

Filed: Timeline

No affidavits, our parents dont live near us and seems like an odd request for close friends. Can I get an RFE based without an affidavit?

If I were I would try. I wouldnt be an odd request for close friends. I got them from my friends. Yet affidavits are not that important but it just looks good.

By the way, your evidence is one of the strongest ones I have seen. I dont think you will have any problem with affidavit or without affidavit. However, with affidavit you might get your 10 year card without interview. Dont worry you will be fine brother.

Preparing my package and hoping to send it off tomorrow or the day after. Wanted to double check and see if anyone thinks I am missing any key items. What do you think?

Cover Letter Listing the Following Documents (Copied format from one of the other VJ posts)

-Payment in the amount of $590.00

-I-751 Petition to Remove conditions on Residence

-Copy of Green Card (front and back) for Person A

-Copy of Driver's Licenses for Person A and Person B

-Copy of Medical Insurance card showing Person B as a dependent of Person A

-Copy of Dental insurance cards and a statement showing employee, Person B and dependent Person A

-Copy of Renter Insurance Policy renewal (as of 2012) of the current residence for Person A and Person B

-Copy of membership card of Costco for Person A and Person B

-Copy of credit cards, under one account for Marriott and Banana Republic, for Person A and Person B

-Copies of a selected gas bills addressed to both Person B and Person A

RESIDENCE

-Copy of current residence rental lease signed in 2007 – document shows that this lease expired in 2008 but we still live here as shown through licenses and other evidence

-Copy of our mortgage loan application with conditional approval, from Bank A and Bank B, with Person A and B as applicants (We later decided to not pursue so there are no mortgages to show)

FINANCE

-Copy of our Tax transcripts for 2010 and 2011, both filed jointly

-Copy of 3 shared AMEX credit card with transactions by Person A and Person B, over the past two years

-Copy of 401K plan B for Person B and beneficiary info named Person A

-Copy of 401K plan A for Person A and beneficiary info named Person B

We have a negligible amount in our joint savings so decided not to include it as that account is meaningless

PICTURES

-Sample of pics from our wedding (Date)

-Trip to XXXX (Honeymoon-December 2010) travel arrangement info and pics

-Trip to XXXX (Month/Date) travel arrangements and pics.

-Trip to Europe (September 2011) travel arrangements and pics.

-Trip #1 to XXX (June 2012) for friends wedding, travel arrangements and pics.

-Trip #2 to XXX (December 2012), with family, travel arrangements and pics.

-Misc pics - Montreal, New Years celebrations with friends at our apartment

Your evidence is very strong enough. Affidavits are for people who don't have strong evidence as you do. Few things I see missing is water bills, electricity bills and possibly any bill from any hospital or dentist which you have visited. If you have them and mail them off, there is no way you would get a RFE. Good luck.

Naturalization

04/08/2013 - N-400 Mailed

07/22/2013 - N-400 Recommended for approval

08/13/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Officially a US citizen.

08/20/2013 - I-130 for Mom mailed

09/02/2013 - NOA received

03/04/2014 - I-130 Approval

Timeline

I got the utility bills for selected month, will move that to the residence sections.

Thanks for the note on the medical bills, download the dental and medical claims for past few months (not able to get more than a 15 months).

You are good to go. You will be approved. I sent almost the same thing you sent but without pictures and got approved

Naturalization

Officially a US citizen.

I thought I read somewhere that you also need to include a copy of your passport...double check to be sure.

Edited by Brenda2010

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

I thought I read somewhere that you also need to include a copy of your passport...double check to be sure.

I didn't include my passport.

Naturalization

Officially a US citizen.

Timeline

Thanks, I just looked at the instructions and it does not mention Passport anywhere.

Finally, sending today :)

Edited by M + M

Thanks, I just looked at the instructions and it does not mention Passport anywhere.

Finally, sending today :)

Sorry about that - you're right, it doesn't on the form. Oddly enough, in the Guides section the sample letter included does say copy of passport and green card. Weird. And confusing.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry about that - you're right, it doesn't on the form. Oddly enough, in the Guides section the sample letter included does say copy of passport and green card. Weird. And confusing.

Sending just the required is not sufficient. The bottomline is to see that one has more than sufficient evidence to show continuing relationship. This application is well loaded.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.