^_^

Supreme Court approves Georgia ban on firearns in places of worship

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court won’t overturn a Georgia law banning firearms in churches and other places of worship.

The high court on Monday refused to hear an appeal from GeorgiaCarry.org, which wanted the justices to overturn a lower court decision upholding Georgia’s law banning guns in churches and other places of worship.

GeorgiaCarry.org argued that the ban applying specifically to places of worship burdens “religiously motivated conduct by regulating how or what a worshipper can do with a weapon while he is worshipping.”

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2013-01-07/supreme-court-wont-hear-ga-gun-lawsuit

Man, that Roberts court sure is turning into a nightmare for the right wing. :lol:

how do you figure that? this and the stem cell ruling are common sense and a + for everyone but a minority of idiots.

Now if we could only ban them in shopping centers, movie theaters, and schools.

they're legal there in cali? all of those places have no guns allowed policies around here.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

how do you figure that? this and the stem cell ruling are common sense and a + for everyone but a minority of idiots.

So you are calling RWN's "a minority of idiots"!!? :rofl:

Couldn't agree more! :yes:

So you are calling RWN's "a minority of idiots"!!? :rofl:

Couldn't agree more! :yes:

no. i'm calling people against taking advantage of the benefits coming from stem cells & people wanting to bring weapons into houses of worship idiots. and now, i'm going to include people that constantly attempt to misrepresent others words in an effort to...well idk. why do you do that jimmy?

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

no. i'm calling people against taking advantage of the benefits coming from stem cells & people wanting to bring weapons into houses of worship idiots. and now, i'm going to include people that constantly attempt to misrepresent others words in an effort to...well idk. why do you do that jimmy?

I guess I should have known better than to think you were actually finally casting aside the idiocy of some of your past positions and joining the ranks of the educated and rational!! Sorry. I will try in the future to resist the urge to see in what you write evidence of rational thinking!! :devil:

:rofl: jk

Come on, lighten up a bit! :D

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

put a sign out front ... "no guns inside here"

sad part is some wacko with an issue against the congregations religious beliefs now knows where he locate lots of potential victims.

more than likely what will happen is some people in the congregation will carry anyway and just keep it quiet. i knew quite a few who have done this over the years regardless of state law. during my time in central VA (previous wife/ life) some of the members in the ex's congregation wore tatoos from their youth .... they and others have long memories ...

eta:

just noticed your follow-up post. my comment is not directed to you ... only the house of worship being a "gun free zone". we all know how that worked out with schools ....

Edited by natty bumppo