H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

inshallah they dont give you AP cuz it will drive u crazy waiting.iv been waitin for 5 months and nothing yet. iv sent the embassy over 5 emails this month no respond .has anyone recieved a response from them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

My fiancé is still waiting to get his passport back with the visa. They told him 2 - 3 days and they would call him to come and pick it up. His appointment was last Tuesday. They did call and tell him to come to the Embassy today, and once again when he arrived he was not on the list. He had to send an email to the Embassy again (they messed up his original appointment last week, wasn't on the list the first time). I told him that they were going to try to pull something like this as 2 - 3 days in Embassy speak is obviously 2- 3 weeks or longer. He's quite upset at this point because he has a flight scheduled to go back to his work in Algeria as of Saturday and needs his passport to get back to work. Hoping that they can at least get his passport back to him tomorrow. Ugh... I cannot wait to be done with this Embassy!

Timeline

They let me into the embassy with no problems. Me and my daughter actually and we all had our passports. I don't think it matters THAT much if you attend with your spouse. If you have all the required documents and pics and especially if you have kids together, I don't think it matters. And they only requested this document from me because I've been in Yemen for more than a year. If you're in America, you don't need it. But no, pay stubs and diplomas wouldn't cut it. They need something that ties you to the U.S. while you are in Yemen. For instance I'm paying bills in America while I've been here, so that's what I'm sending in. Only those who got approved visitor visas were told to pay a fee. Which I believe was like 35 bucks or so. But no, no one else was told to pay. They just took their pink slips and left.

Timeline

My fiancé is still waiting to get his passport back with the visa. They told him 2 - 3 days and they would call him to come and pick it up. His appointment was last Tuesday. They did call and tell him to come to the Embassy today, and once again when he arrived he was not on the list. He had to send an email to the Embassy again (they messed up his original appointment last week, wasn't on the list the first time). I told him that they were going to try to pull something like this as 2 - 3 days in Embassy speak is obviously 2- 3 weeks or longer. He's quite upset at this point because he has a flight scheduled to go back to his work in Algeria as of Saturday and needs his passport to get back to work. Hoping that they can at least get his passport back to him tomorrow. Ugh... I cannot wait to be done with this Embassy!

They need his passport to print his visa. And I don't think they'll give it back until they have. I wouldn't ask for it back until the visa is in your hands as it would most likely delay your case.

Was your husband's appointment a visa pick up? Or was he just getting his passport back?

Timeline

Question for missing you babe and neferure.

When both your husbands got the 221g refusal sheet was Administrative Processing checked on it?

Because my husband's sheet just has 'Domicile,' checked. We sent in the papers yesterday BTW. Anyway, please answer my Q and thanks.

Timeline

They need his passport to print his visa. And I don't think they'll give it back until they have. I wouldn't ask for it back until the visa is in your hands as it would most likely delay your case.

Was your husband's appointment a visa pick up? Or was he just getting his passport back?

This was for visa pick up. They took his passport last week so that they could issue the visa. No word back from them, so now he has to reschedule his flight back to work AGAIN. He has been in contact with someone he knows that works in the Embassy and they are trying to help him in getting his passport back (hopefully with visa in it). Hopefully he will hear this weekend.

Timeline

When both your husbands got the 221g refusal sheet was Administrative Processing checked on it?

Because my husband's sheet just has 'Domicile,' checked. We sent in the papers yesterday BTW. Anyway, please answer my Q and thanks.

He never told me that he got a sheet. I know he had to send in a written statement from his ex-wife saying they were truly divorced and also they wanted her phone number. On this past visit they told him they needed his birth certificate translated, which they did not tell him on the previous visit. I swear they are doing any and everything to slow things down!

Timeline

@neferure

They took his passport and told him they needed a translated birth certificate on the same day? Or was that another visit? Because the councler who delt with us said she won't keep my husband's passport until we give them the documents they needed.

Timeline

He never told me that he got a sheet.

Are you sure he didn't get a paper after they told him they needed a written statement from his ex? I really want to know if AP was marked if he did get the paper. Ask him? Lol.

Timeline

Wow sounds like for the most part you had a good experience! Glad to hear it and hope they'll keep to their word and give you the pickup date when you send the additional evidence they requested. Must be a relief! Inshallah you and your husband will be on your way home soon good.gif

Yeah I guess for the most part it wasn't a bad experience. We just left pretty bummed though to honest. Has USCIS approved your case?

Timeline

h93-i think the sheet they gave u was marked for domicile because ur not in AP they r just requesting the proof from u that u have something tiein u to the u.s so i think thats a good thing they didnt check AP.

Edited by Ryan H

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.