H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

You know what, we didn't try Cairo. If I were all of you I would use the template, short and sweet above, and reach out to other posts. The US Emb in Sanaa mentions you can do this. Addis Ababa did take a Yemeni case before, but what they did was change their address to their Aunts house during the NVC phase I think.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

You know what, we didn't try Cairo. If I were all of you I would use the template, short and sweet above, and reach out to other posts. The US Emb in Sanaa mentions you can do this. Addis Ababa did take a Yemeni case before, but what they did was change their address to their Aunts house during the NVC phase I think.

I sent one to Cairo. But do you think she will have to live there for the 6Months?

Timeline

The thing that sucks is that in Cairo they have long waits too. Not sure. I would ask in the public forum. When was your case complete -- sorry typing from phone.

My case isn't complete yet. I'm trying to be proactive and not get stuck in the long wait. I figured if I can get a different embassy to accept my petition before the case complete it will be easier. I'm trying anything I can think of. I know I cant be the only person considering this. Unfortunately people that have either don't update us or stopped logging on. Something about Yemenis and sharing info. Always think it will affect them. Look how many people on this forum ask for info and not bother even filling out there timeline.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

IS that what we find to s solve our proplem. TRANSFER our cases to ather conslate.

ABOUT me. I try to write throw the facebook. the montda galih in detroid .

I add attach files .

Timeline

Do you have family in Jordan or Egypt? Im wondring if you could update her residence now and then when it gets to the NVC it would get transferrd to the other embassy. Thats what the Addis Ababba case did.

Dream Comes True what kind of visa are you trying to get?

Timeline

Do you have family in Jordan or Egypt? Im wondring if you could update her residence now and then when it gets to the NVC it would get transferrd to the other embassy. Thats what the Addis Ababba case did.

Dream Comes True what kind of visa are you trying to get?

what if they ask for proof that she lives there

Timeline

HI.my friends.can i get help.

CAN any tell me what this mean.

IS the conslate start working on the new cases that complete at nvc...

IF any one want translate this word to arabic word.please contact me by the privete .

The U.S. Embassy continues to process all Immigrant Visa classifications. However, the security situation in Yemen has severely reduced Embassy staffing. As such, the Embassy is scheduling and processing significantly reduced numbers of Immigrant Visa cases until further notice. If you are applying for an Immigrant Visa, or if your visa application is already in process, please read the following information in its entirety.

Timeline

HI.my friends.can i get help.

CAN any tell me what this mean.

IS the conslate start working on the new cases that complete at nvc...

IF any one want translate this word to arabic word.please contact me by the privete .

The U.S. Embassy continues to process all Immigrant Visa classifications. However, the security situation in Yemen has severely reduced Embassy staffing. As such, the Embassy is scheduling and processing significantly reduced numbers of Immigrant Visa cases until further notice. If you are applying for an Immigrant Visa, or if your visa application is already in process, please read the following information in its entirety.

تواصل السفارة الأميركية لمعالجة جميع التصنيفات تأشيرة هجرة. ومع ذلك، فإن الوضع الأمني في اليمن قد خفضت بشدة السفارة التوظيف. على هذا النحو، والسفارة وجدولة ومعالجة خفض كبير أعداد حالات تأشيرة الهجرة حتى إشعار آخر. إذا كنت التقدم بطلب للحصول على تأشيرة هجرة، أو إذا كان طلب التأشيرة الخاص بك هو بالفعل في العملية، يرجى قراءة المعلومات التالية في مجملها.

Send the full email

Timeline

I know this does not help either of you, but just for public knowledge - a fiance visa is faster to get from Yemen than a CR1. But most Yemenis will not do this since it is against cultural norms - but maybe it will help someone else.

It also looks like the embassy updated their site today with much clearer guidelines. They say it can talk up to a year or years after Case Complete for CR1 visas to get an interview.

Timeline

AFTER one year NOTHING change. THE EMBASSY looking for excuse to waste our time.

THE new ubdate of the bage of embassy said that:

The U.S. Embassy continues to process all Immigrant Visa classifications. However, the security situation in Yemen has severely reduced Embassy staffing. As such, the Embassy is scheduling and processing significantly reduced numbers of Immigrant Visa cases until further notice.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy is currently unable to accept cases for NVC scheduling; only cases presenting a serious and credible medical or humanitarian emergency may be considered for scheduling at this time

THE old bage said that

U.S. Embassy in Sanaa Open for Limited Consular Services (December 4, 2013)

The Consular Section remains closed for all routine services and appointments. We are only handling urgent cases.

Edited by DREAM COMES TRUTH

Timeline

At least they are being forthright with their new clear update and not providing false hope. Yemen is a mess and if there is a civil war or more fighting it is going to make it even harder for them to operate.

Timeline

THERE is no war in sanaa at all. BUT the embassy have alot of cases in the ref .and want to finished .but not on our time.

THE embassy should move the conslate to adis baba in 2011.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Yemen
Timeline

For help To transfer your case to another country ! for people how waitting more than 6 months try to call the NVC then ask for the superviser for info , that's what I did , he should help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.