H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

We need someone that has went to Djibouti to give us full detail of there while trip. Include all details from start to finish please. This will help so many people. Bits and pieces will just confuse people. This is a tough time if you can find it ok your heart to help people In Shaa Allah Allah will help you and speed up your process.

Please details from start to finish

From booking to arriving and what happened after

Timeline

We need someone that has went to Djibouti to give us full detail of there while trip. Include all details from start to finish please. This will help so many people. Bits and pieces will just confuse people. This is a tough time if you can find it ok your heart to help people In Shaa Allah Allah will help you and speed up your process.

My husband left from Ibb to Almakha it was about a 5 hour drive . He got to Almakha booked a hotel for the night. In the morning he went to this office where you pay for your ticket. He paid 18,000 Yemeni riyal. He waited for his passport to be stamped. After he got his exit visa stamped they waited until everybody gathered then they were allowed on the boat. The boat was in good condition. He got on the boat and they started sailing after Isha. He got to Djibouti and was kept at the port and was not allowed to get out without a sponsor. He was left in this room with a couple of fans and a lot of people crowded inside. He was there for 2 days because they dont work Fridays and he arrived Thursday at night. So on Saturday someone came and got him out he paid $100 for the visa and $250 for the man sponsoring him. He left after that and went the next day to get his passport.

Timeline

My husband left from Ibb to Almakha it was about a 5 hour drive . He got to Almakha booked a hotel for the night. In the morning he went to this office where you pay for your ticket. He paid 18,000 Yemeni riyal. He waited for his passport to be stamped. After he got his exit visa stamped they waited until everybody gathered then they were allowed on the boat. The boat was in good condition. He got on the boat and they started sailing after Isha. He got to Djibouti and was kept at the port and was not allowed to get out without a sponsor. He was left in this room with a couple of fans and a lot of people crowded inside. He was there for 2 days because they dont work Fridays and he arrived Thursday at night. So on Saturday someone came and got him out he paid $100 for the visa and $250 for the man sponsoring him. He left after that and went the next day to get his passport.

Thank you for the reply. Where is the office you booked your trip from. Do you have a number ? Thanks again

Timeline

My husband left with a group of four guys from Sanaa to hodedia from there to Mohka where he then spent night in hotel Saturday, left Sunday recieved exist visa upon arriving to the boat. He boarded the ship, around 4pm they did not leave until 8pm. They waited for so many to Board. The condition were very crowded on the boat with livestock, he was not so lucky, bas alhamdilah ala kul li Hal. It was a 16 hr ride. They took everyone's passport. Once he arrived at the port their passport were given to some people in charge at the port. People with transfers and U.S. citizens were taken to some rooms, where they have been waiting to exit. my husband says it's tough, for the woman and children. and kept saying alhamdilah my son and I are not with him.

Okay from others experience it seems like it was easier to exit into Djibouti city, well as of today they are not letting Yemeni citizens exit into city. Even US citizens were unable to leave up until 3pm Djibouti time till know US citizens have been existing, but those with Yemeni citizen family memebers are not able to go with them! Even YEMENi citizens with case transfers and have a sponsor are unable to exit, my husband had a sponsor even before arriving, but hes unable to leave. I have no idea wth they are planning or doing, from my understanding my husband said so many people hundreds came in that ship that maybe it is due to over crowding and they are trying to figure up a plan. Inshallah that's what it is. Tonight I will search for a number or government number for Djibouti to see and ask for a understanding of the situation at the port. It is just not right!

An example I will give that my husband shared with me. Was there's a father and his children who have citizenship, but his wife does not, well they were able to leave, but he had to leave his wife and is going to get ticket booked for her to Malaysia and he the husband will come back to the port with a sponsor tomorrow and show them people that she has a ticket booked and then they would let her exit from my understanding.

I feel very bad for the situation he is in, bas we keep make DUA and inshallah rabbi will help them out of there.

Inshallah Ya rab, this does not last for long. Inshallah my husband and other families can get out of there. Anything else I hear I will share inshallah.

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. Where is the office you booked your trip from. Do you have a number ? Thanks again

your welcome,The office is in Almakha. Sorry i dont have the number my husband booked it when he was there.

Timeline

My husband left with a group of four guys from Sanaa to hodedia from there to Mohka where he then spent night in hotel Saturday, left Sunday recieved exist visa upon arriving to the boat. He boarded the ship, around 4pm they did not leave until 8pm. They waited for so many to Board. The condition were very crowded on the boat with livestock, he was not so lucky, bas alhamdilah ala kul li Hal. It was a 16 hr ride. They took everyone's passport. Once he arrived at the port their passport were given to some people in charge at the port. People with transfers and U.S. citizens were taken to some rooms, where they have been waiting to exit. my husband says it's tough, for the woman and children. and kept saying alhamdilah my son and I are not with him.

Okay from others experience it seems like it was easier to exit into Djibouti city, well as of today they are not letting Yemeni citizens exit into city. Even US citizens were unable to leave up until 3pm Djibouti time till know US citizens have been existing, but those with Yemeni citizen family memebers are not able to go with them! Even YEMENi citizens with case transfers and have a sponsor are unable to exit, my husband had a sponsor even before arriving, but hes unable to leave. I have no idea wth they are planning or doing, from my understanding my husband said so many people hundreds came in that ship that maybe it is due to over crowding and they are trying to figure up a plan. Inshallah that's what it is. Tonight I will search for a number or government number for Djibouti to see and ask for a understanding of the situation at the port. It is just not right!

An example I will give that my husband shared with me. Was there's a father and his children who have citizenship, but his wife does not, well they were able to leave, but he had to leave his wife and is going to get ticket booked for her to Malaysia and he the husband will come back to the port with a sponsor tomorrow and show them people that she has a ticket booked and then they would let her exit from my understanding.

I feel very bad for the situation he is in, bas we keep make DUA and inshallah rabbi will help them out of there.

Inshallah Ya rab, this does not last for long. Inshallah my husband and other families can get out of there. Anything else I hear I will share inshallah.

Inshaallah ya rab. Thats the scary part what if they dont process cases fast. They will have to stay in Djibouti for months. Inshaallah that wont happen and we will reunite with our loved ones very soon.

My fiance left a couple weeks ago. He was told there will be a ship arriving at Dakka port in Bureqa. When he got to the port, there was no ship, but he didn't want to miss it, so he ended up camping out there for three days. When the ship arrived, port officials put people's names down on a list and everyone had to pay $100 (some people didn't pay and still ended up on the ship). They boarded the ship around 7:30am. It wasn't in very good condition; lots of people got sick, no where to sit comfortably or even sleep. The trip was around 15 hours. They took everyone's passports while sailing. When they arrived to Djibouti, they had everyone get on buses and transferred them to the area with immigration, etc. He waited for the sponsor to show up and when the sponsor came, they both went to the immigration office, signed some stuff, paid $60 and got his passport stamped with the visa, and then they let him leave. He stayed with the sponsor for about 12 hours (sponsor is a family friend) and then he went to the airport and took a flight out to Sri Lanka.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

did anyone who requested their case be expedited had their case number entirely changed? after my requested was accepted I got an email today stating that my case number has changed and it starts with ytc. what does the ytc stands for?

Timeline

did anyone who requested their case be expedited had their case number entirely changed? after my requested was accepted I got an email today stating that my case number has changed and it starts with ytc. what does the ytc stands for?

i made an expidiate request for a friend nd it was approved nd sent to cairo but they didnt change the case number. did u get an interview appointment?

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

From booking to arriving and

what happened after

My husband is in djbouti now

He said its a safe trip but very long 15 hours

And now we are waiting for a case transfer from egypt to djbouti but in order to do that they need a piciof his djbouti visa which they wouldnt gove his passport back

Hopefully today they will give his passport today from the port

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

i made an expidiate request for a friend nd it was approved nd sent to cairo but they didnt change the case number. did u get an interview appointment?

I called nvc yesterday and they said that YTC stands for Yemen to Cairo. They said that they changed it because it was a transfer case. they haven't sent it to cairo though. I asked how long it takes and the lady said she has no time estimate of how long it will take. No, i don't have an interview appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.