H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yes im sure. I know its safer there but some people didnt go there to seek refugee they only went so that the petion that one of their family member filed could process faster but unfortunatly thats not the case. So they end up being stuck there which is bad for you if you were living in a safe place in Yemen like Ibb. But inshaallah they wont be stuck there for long and the war will end soon inshaallah.

Timeline

Some people are going there even before the petition is filed. And each petition is different case. For example filing for a spouse is different from filing for a sibling but they dont know that.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Some people are going there even before the petition is filed. And each petition is different case. For example filing for a spouse is different from filing for a sibling but they dont know that.

That's true... It sucks if it'll take long for interview ther

Timeline

Has anyone here actually ever got their case transferred to djbouti and had their interview?

Would they require you to have an interview then come back for visa pick up? I can imagine that being such a hassle because the time from interview to pick up could be from anywhere between a couple days to a couple months.

Edited by H93

Timeline

Question: those who arrive in Djibouti and have a sponsor are they kept with other refugees? Or will be allowed to go with their sponsor into Djibouti?

They are kept there untill they get a visa stamp. My husband had someone sponsor him he paid him $250 and $100 for the visa. After paying $350 they let him go. But let me tell you something living in Djibouti is so expensive. He rented one bedroom for $750. I just hope they dont stay there for long.

Timeline

do u know anyone with an appointment for an interview in Cairo?

I know someone that had an interview in Cairo he went to get a visa they wouldnt give it to him. He called the US embassy explaining the situation they said they wont be able to do anything. Why is Egypt doing this to us? Astagfirallah!!

Question: those who arrive in Djibouti and have a sponsor are they kept with other refugees? Or will be allowed to go with their sponsor into Djibouti?

My fiance's father knows someone in Djibouti who was able to sponsor him. The minute the sponsor arrived at the port, my fiance was able to get his passport and visa and leave. He didn't have to wait for anything. Only paid $60 for the visa. He was only in Djibouti for 12 hours before he took a flight out to Sri Lanka.

They are kept there untill they get a visa stamp. My husband had someone sponsor him he paid him $250 and $100 for the visa. After paying $350 they let him go. But let me tell you something living in Djibouti is so expensive. He rented one bedroom for $750. I just hope they dont stay there for long.

Kept where? Why did he have to pay so much?

Edited by hsgx2

Timeline

My fiance's father knows someone in Djibouti who was able to sponsor him. The minute the sponsor arrived at the port, my fiance was able to get his passport and visa and leave. He didn't have to wait for anything. Only paid $60 for the visa. He was only in Djibouti for 12 hours before he took a flight out to Sri Lanka.

Kept where? Why did he have to pay so much?

They are kept in this place its not a refugee camp. Its like this big space and its divided between the men and women. Thats what the guy offered him if he wanted to be sponsored by him. Im gussing he took advantage of the sitation. My husband couldnt take it there anymore. He said it was soooooo hot there. They give them one fan for 15 people and the place is packed so he was desprate to leave. May Allah help them get through this.

Timeline

It left the Nvc on the 10th and it took 4 days til arrived to Cairo and the Nvc sent her the interview letter not the embassy. Sorry I responded late

was this case expidiated ??

Timeline

someone i know got an expidiate on there file nd now it was transferred to cairo. he cant make an appointment nd dodnt recieve one but was told when he arrives to cairo he needs to contact them for an appointment . i just hope they dont play him. also he had to make an online account for the registration so that they could make updates on that website for cairo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.