5 posts in this topic

Hi ,

I was wondering if somebody can help me.

So in May 02 2012 I filed my I-751 for removing condition.My green card expired in July 30 2012.

I went for fingerprints and I received an extension letter for year.

However I feel like its been awhile since I files my petition and I haven't even received approval yet.

Now in march me and my husband are planning to take a trip down to Dominican republic. I will obviously take my extension letter and expired Green crd with me, but I am SOOO CONCERNED if the Dominican side will give me a hard time. I am concerned about entering US but I am concerned entering and leaving DR.

Also I created an account online and everytime I check it doesnt give me any updates on my status. All it says is that they received my form on may of 2012 and they are still in process of reviewing it. Maybe there is a way to contact them so I can speak with alive person?

Thanks in advance

Marina Zagurska

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi ,

I was wondering if somebody can help me.

So in May 02 2012 I filed my I-751 for removing condition.My green card expired in July 30 2012.

I went for fingerprints and I received an extension letter for year.

However I feel like its been awhile since I files my petition and I haven't even received approval yet.

Now in march me and my husband are planning to take a trip down to Dominican republic. I will obviously take my extension letter and expired Green crd with me, but I am SOOO CONCERNED if the Dominican side will give me a hard time. I am concerned about entering US but I am concerned entering and leaving DR.

Also I created an account online and everytime I check it doesnt give me any updates on my status. All it says is that they received my form on may of 2012 and they are still in process of reviewing it. Maybe there is a way to contact them so I can speak with alive person?

Thanks in advance

Marina Zagurska

They are currently working on January and February petitions, so you have a couple months to wait. You should have no trouble to enter Dominican Republic as you do not need your green card for that, only your passport. Your green card and extension letter will be used to re-enter the USA and they will have no problem with it. You will also have to show your green card and extension letter to the airline personell before you board, should be no problem there.

My wife and two sons traveled to Canada (many times) and Russia and Ukraine and returned using their green card and extension letters, never a problem at all.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 4 months later...

Hello .I was wondering if somebody was in the same situation as I am now.So in May 02 2012 I filed my I-751 for removing condition.My green card expired in July 30 2012.My extension letter will be expiring July 30 2013. Somewhere in April Immigration services sent me a letter with the requestof more proof that our marriage is real( !!!) so we sent them more bills and couple of letters from third parties.

My concern is that I purchased tickets to the Ukraine for August 1 2013 .My husband says that since my status according to the extension letter expires this July 30 2013 , they have to give me green card simply because they cant just keep me illigal here.

But what if for some reason I wont get it ? Did anybody have a problem like that ?

Also I tried to find out if I could call somebody to the immigration services so maybe they can update me more on my case status( because online my case status is not up til date ) but It doesnt seem like they have a direct phone number where I can call .

Please if somebody has any piece of info about this situation or maybe somebody had to experience the same thing -Please let me know! I just cant wait for it to be over.It gives me so much hard time as I am trying to apply to colleges and I have to keep explaining to them about my extension letter and my expired green card

Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you filed on May 2, I would make an info-pass appointment asap, to see whats up or call and speak with a tier 2 ISO. Also look at the similar timelines to yours and compare your progress to yours. Maybe input your timeline?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello .I was wondering if somebody was in the same situation as I am now.So in May 02 2012 I filed my I-751 for removing condition.My green card expired in July 30 2012.My extension letter will be expiring July 30 2013. Somewhere in April Immigration services sent me a letter with the requestof more proof that our marriage is real( !!!) so we sent them more bills and couple of letters from third parties.

My concern is that I purchased tickets to the Ukraine for August 1 2013 .My husband says that since my status according to the extension letter expires this July 30 2013 , they have to give me green card simply because they cant just keep me illigal here.

But what if for some reason I wont get it ? Did anybody have a problem like that ?

Also I tried to find out if I could call somebody to the immigration services so maybe they can update me more on my case status( because online my case status is not up til date ) but It doesnt seem like they have a direct phone number where I can call .

Please if somebody has any piece of info about this situation or maybe somebody had to experience the same thing -Please let me know! I just cant wait for it to be over.It gives me so much hard time as I am trying to apply to colleges and I have to keep explaining to them about my extension letter and my expired green card

Thank you

call them do a service request and try to find out about your file, you can call your cangressman and have them help you also. If they didn't approve you by the time your extension expires you can get another one stamped to your passport. But your application is pretty late so I advice you to call them and bugg them a little bit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.